TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Deadbolt

What do you think of Cena as a wrestler?

Guest sek69

If I remember right, the first time he did the F-U it was a properly executed DVD. I can just imagine the suits flipping out backstage in the "no head drop" era of WWE.

Cena in 2003 was a promising wrestler, he was having good matches with Angle, Eddie and even Taker, and his promos were innovative and refreshing.

The Cena of today is in cruise control, his promos are repetitive and his wrestling skills have deteriorated.

He has loads of potential in 2002 and 2003 but in 2004, he slipped because he'd rather work a sports entertainment style. I'm unfamiliar with Cena's UPW work but I've heard it's very good which saddens me that he works this way, he's an over face but he's really got to step it up a bit in the ring.

Btw, his finisher sucks too.

Guest Reservoir_Kitty

I really don't like anything about John Cena. His character is the typical suck-ass face, the promos are all basically the same with only a few names and insults changed, and he really doesn't do anything impressive in the ring. He's on autopilot.

Does he still do the stupid "pump up my shoes" thing during a match? I honestly haven't watched a Cena match in months. It's not a specific boycott on Cena (although I do dislike him enough to do so) I just haven't been watching Smackdown regularly enough.

I also hate his 'spinner' US Title. Very gaudy, ala Smoking Skull belt.

Bah, I just hate Cena, so I'm probably biased.

Guest Hass of Pain
They should have reserved the BO-RING chants for Cena instead.

Aside from the fact that the paying crowd that WWE actually cares about eats up Cena's every move, buys his merchandise in droves and pops like crazy for him.