TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

WalMart is going to kill the allure of the Ipod

Supposedly, Wal Mart is in talks with Apple to sell the Ipod Shuffle. Im willing to bet that if they do, the "coolness" factor of the Ipod takes a nosedive, especially the Ipod Shuffle since its basically a flash based player that might hold a max of 100 songs with no easy way to play songs in order and it doesn't even have an LCD screen.

I got a san disk 512 mb player with an LCD screen, FM radio and voice recorder for $80 at Best Buy in december. Granted, its not as "cool" as the Ipod Shuffle, but it has more features and was cheaper by $20.

Supposedly, Wal Mart is in talks with Apple to sell the Ipod Shuffle.  Im willing to bet that if they do, the "coolness" factor of the Ipod takes a nosedive

:rolleyes:

, especially the Ipod Shuffle since its basically a flash based player that might hold a max of 100 songs

Yeah, I mean, a cheap Flash based iPod was only what everyone and their brother was praying to Computer Jesus for a year ago when Apple instead introduced the Mini, which had a bit too many features and a bit too high a price for what everyone was hoping for. Now that they finally did it it's just TOTALLY GONNA KILL 'EM, MAN.

with no easy way to play songs in order

"Download an album from the iTunes Music Store and listen to it in order before you Shuffle it into your collection. Or just drag and drop individual songs from iTunes onto iPod shuffle. With Play in Order mode, you manage the music. If things take a turn for the predictable, never fear. Turn iPod shuffle over, flip the slider to Shuffle and mix on the go." -- http://www.apple.com/ipodshuffle/

it doesn't even have an LCD screen.

Which would jump the price up considerably and wreck the point.

I got a san disk 512 mb player with an LCD screen

That can barely display much information in a tiny window, natch.

FM radio

Ah, good. So in case all that music with no commercials gets boring, you can switch over to the Clear Channelization of music and listen to lots and lots of ads

but it has more features and was cheaper by $20.

That's nice, but I don't think anyone has ever, ever said Apple products were the most inexpensive choice.

Sounds like someone just has iPod Envy.

Guest Brian

A shitty, watered-down version of a good product? And Wal Mart isn't already selling it?

They're losing their touch.