TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MarvinisaLunatic

MVP Baseball 2005 $24.95 preorder w/ free shipping

You can't beat preordering a new EA sports title for half price with free shipping.

Plus, its the only baseball game available for the Gamecube.

Preorder MVP Baseball for all consoles

Level the playing field with the EA SPORTS™ Hitter's Eye in MVP Baseball™ 2005. With unprecedented control of your at-bat, the ability to move in the batter's box, and the power to read the pitch, master the art of hitting and own the plate with superior offensive tools. An enhanced Dynasty Mode™ gives you an opportunity to run a franchise directly from the owner's box in the all-new Owner mode. Make key financial decisions off the field, dictate ticket and concession prices, and much more. On the field, make your run for the pennant beginning in a fully featured Spring Training mode featuring a visual player progression system. With all-new unlockable legends and gear MVP Baseball 2005 is the most fun, polished, innovative, and authentic baseball simulation ever created.

# KEY FEATURES Read the Pitch with the EA SPORTS™ Hitter's Eye—An all-new visual indicator allows the hitter to pick up the pitch the moment it leaves the pitcher's hand. Admire a sweet swing or learn from your mistakes with an all-new enhanced replay that details, analyzes, and provides unprecedented feedback on your last swing.

# Own the Plate—Change your position in the box to adjust to what the pitcher is throwing you, or keep the defense honest with a drag bunt.

# Precision Pitching—Paint the corners or send a message with the Precision Pitch Meter, or catch runners napping with unprecedented pickoff control.

# Big Play Control Reaches a Whole New Level—Make an underhand toss to the pitcher as he covers first, slide around a tag at home, and make user-controlled stretches and dives. While leading off base, exercise your reflexes by beating pickoff throws with an all-new leadoff control.

# Build an Empire—Control every aspect of your organization in all-new Owner mode. Create your line-up based on player progression during Spring Training, or help build player attributes by completing in a variety of different mini-games.

# All-New Create Ballpark Feature—In Owner mode, build a pitcher's paradise or a hitter's dream. Will you spend your earnings to upgrade your ballpark or to sign that key free agent who could bring you a championship?

# The Minor Leagues Expand—Single A squads and additional stadiums have been added to round out the list of teams available in the MLB farm system.

Im just hoping Sosa is on the O's..

Of course, for you EA haters, Sega's MLB 2k5 is $19.99 everywhere..

I Guess I should note that apparently MVP Baseball 2005 is going to sell for $29.99 right out of the gate, and apparently it will be the last EA Sports baseball game with real players in it, because Take Two has given EA a dose of their own medicine and signed an exclusive deal with MLBPA.... so Im definitely going to get it since I know Take Two won't support the Gameube like EA does.

If they don't fix (i.e. remove) the inane goal system that drives the franchise mode ("Steal 200 bases three years in a row!"), I'm not interested, even with the kickass in-game engine.

And for the love of god don't automatically switch outfielders by default.

I gave up so many in the park HRs till I figured that out....

[

Of course, for you EA haters, Sega's MLB 2k5 is $19.99 everywhere..

I Guess I should note that apparently MVP Baseball 2005 is going to sell for $29.99 right out of the gate, and apparently it will be the last EA Sports baseball game with real players in it, because Take Two has given EA a dose of their own medicine and signed an exclusive deal with MLBPA.... so Im definitely going to get it since I know Take Two won't support the Gameube like EA does.

sweet 19.95 for espn 2k5, i didnt play last years ( i bought asb05-which I guess is the end of that series due to the death of acclaim)

but for that price why not? and if they do as good a job as they did with the nfl license, Im there dude

Guest Smues
and apparently it will be the last EA Sports baseball game with real players in it, because Take Two has given EA a dose of their own medicine and signed an exclusive deal with MLBPA....

Son of a bitch they did? Damnit last year 3D0 dies so I have to switch from High Heat to MVP, now I'll have to switch again next year.

and apparently it will be the last EA Sports baseball game with real players in it, because Take Two  has given EA a dose of their own medicine and signed an exclusive deal with MLBPA....

Son of a bitch they did? Damnit last year 3D0 dies so I have to switch from High Heat to MVP, now I'll have to switch again next year.

The deal Take Two made was with the Players Association for 7 years. I have no idea what the game will be like since I dont even know if they have a game to put the liscense to, but Take Two hasn't made any games for the Gamecube that Im aware of so I doubt there will be any baseball games on the Gamecube for the rest of its lifespan with real player names..

EA can however, get Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft to publish the games for them *wink wink* to keep the real players since Take Two's deal is exclusive only to 3rd party publishers. But Microsoft definitely wouldn't since they have their own baseball game that they can put out with real players (1rst party game) and Sony and Nintendo probably wont either. Maybe Nintendo could make Ichiro Suzuki Baseball 2006...

Actually, Nintendo is coming out with an MLB game for Gamecube. It's called Nintendo Pennant Chase Baseball and it should be out in time for the season.

Actually, Nintendo is coming out with an MLB game for Gamecube. It's called Nintendo Pennant Chase Baseball and it should be out in time for the season.

I didnt know about that, but Im skeptical from what I've read about it. How good was WSB 2K2/3?

No screenshots? The game is supposed to be on shelves in early April.

Im pretty sure MVP 2005 will be much better than Pennant Chase, but at least I know that Nintendo is back into doing the sports games and that I'll have some options besides EA. Plus, Im getting MVP for $25..

I was going to mention the Nintendo game. It might be good. Nintendo's put out some good baseball and basketball games in the past.

Marvin- Sega released WSB, not Nintendo.

There's also Mario Baseball scheduled for release!

If MVP is $30, I might as well just get both that and ESPN for $50 total. Best of both worlds.

Oh yeah... As far as the Take Two deal goes, they're the only third party developer than can create MLB games due to the deal. Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft can all still create their own first party MLB games.

And for the love of god don't automatically switch outfielders by default.

I gave up so many in the park HRs till I figured that out....

No kidding. Last year's game was horrible with stuff like that. Injuries were even worse. If someone went down with an injury and I accidentally clicked "Auto-Fix Rosters" all hell would break loose. I'd end up with 15 pitchers and 2 OF's on my ML squad, and 2 starting pitchers and 8 OF's on my AAA team.

I might pick it up though just so I can bean Beltran every time he came up to bat. A Clemens fastball upside Carlos' head might not do anything in real life, but it might make me feel a little bit better.

Marvin- Sega released WSB, not Nintendo.

He mentioned WSB because the developers of Nintendo Pennant Chase Baseball developed a couple of the games in that series.

And as for Marvin's question of how good 2K2 and 2K3 are, Gamespot gave them a 7.4 and a 9.1, respectively.

I'm down. I just hope they fixed that lefty glitch. The other complaints in this thread are all valid and maddening, but this was worse than all of them. A game where Michael Barrett can easily out-homer even the most potent left-handed bat, is in need of some retooling.

I hope they've done better work with player abilities. It's frustrating to see players rate only on how they did last year, and then only in the Majors. Graham Koonce was rated a 30 for plate discipline. They also need to do some work in the free agency sector. Its maddening to see first and second year players hit the market.