TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vitamin X

New System of a Down album preview

Guest Vitamin X

Cigaro cigaro cigar-O!

I like it, it's faster and more metally while still maintaining their unique style. I can't wait till the new album(s) come out, it's apparently a double-disc set called Hypnotize/Mesmorize.

Serj's growls are still pretty weak, but his voice isn't built for that kinda shit anyways.

Not a bad track at all, downloaded it a while ago now. I'm looking forward to the new albums, as I think they're being released seperatly either end of the year. I've enjoyed their previous offerings, so no reasan why I shouldn't enjoy these.

The jump from their debut to Toxicity was quite the gap. They somehow pumped out really catchy radio singles while still staying somewhat heavy and keeping their really really weird lyrics intact.

Their first album was so much better though, and it doesn't seem like the SOAD of old is going to come back anytime soon.

Guest Vitamin X

I equally dig both Toxicity and the self-titled album, but I don't see what the big change is other than the record company decided to give them a huge push. The style is still there, and they experimented with some new things in Toxicity that in my opinion turned out much better than if they had just stuck with their original style. Steal This Album! is a good mix of the two for obvious reasons (those being that it was a compilation of b-sides and bootlegs that were omitted from the first two albums, and somehow was put together quite nicely), and I know I shouldn't judge it from just one song, but this album appears to be a lot faster and metally than the other two albums, while still being themselves.

We'll see how it turns out, though.

SoaD shouldn't be "growling" any-damn-way.

I agree, but what little Serj does is serviceable.

Guest Vitamin X

That's only because they get unfairly grouped in with fans of actual nu-metal bands like Korn, Deftones, etc., probably from radio play.

Glad to see people on here like them, though.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I liked the first album ok until I saw them live, then lost all interest. Toxicity was just formulaic and dull and I haven't heard anything after.