TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ChrisMWaters

Disney Adventures Comic Question

OK...I know this is a little different than the norm for this forum, but I had this thought on my mind and I thought that this would be the best place for it.

About 10 years or so ago in the magazine "Disney Adventures", they had a comic saga that spanned over a few different series.

From what I remember of it, it involved some cursed jewel with a strange demon in it or something like that. Don't remember exactly what, but I think it had the power to posess people.

From what I do remember, it spanned a few issues, and like I said...a few series.

IIRC, it started in a Tail Spin comic, then went to Chip 'n' Dale's Rescue Rangers, then Goof Troop, then Duck Tails, and finally Darkwing Duck.

Anyone else remember this, or am I just imagining this?

I remember this. It was real, and it was excellent. I believe the highlight was Gizmo Duck being possessed and facing off against Darkwing.

Don't be ashamed of mentioning Disney Adventures Comics. They had Bone in color years before that meant anything.

I remember this. It was real, and it was excellent. I believe the highlight was Gizmo Duck being possessed and facing off against Darkwing.

Don't be ashamed of mentioning Disney Adventures Comics. They had Bone in color years before that meant anything.

I vaguely remember Bone, yes.

I just wondered why the hell it took so long between parts.

Guest KitsonGT

The Goof Troop one involved the gem possessing Pete's new car, and then driving it off a cliff.

Were you wanting to know how the story ended, or if you were making up the story yourself?

The Goof Troop one involved the gem possessing Pete's new car, and then driving it off a cliff.

Were you wanting to know how the story ended, or if you were making up the story yourself?

Nah, I remember how it ended...sort of.

I was just seeing if anyone else besides myself remembered this.

I used to work for Disney Publishing, and the last I remember, there were no comics about demons in jewels. The storyline must have died sometime between the mid-90s and last summer.

Guest Fook

Not only do I remember this, I still have the comics. It was in mid to late 1994 and it was about this powerful demon trapped in a crystal who was trying to get someone to place the crystal in a jeweled casing so he could be freed. The comics went Tale Spin -> Rescue Rangers -> Goof Troop -> Ducktales -> Darkwing Duck.

The funny thing was that apparently decades passed during this story as a kid from the Tale Spin comic was middle-aged in the Ducktales one.

The funny thing was that apparently decades passed during this story as a kid from the Tale Spin comic was middle-aged in the Ducktales one.

YEah...that's one thing I found unique...Tail Spin being decades before the other ones in that story.

Might explain why there were still pirates around...even if they were in airplanes.