TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest crownofthorns13

24/7 Questions

Guest crownofthorns13

A few quick questions-

Does anyone know how much this costs and is it a ppv basis or do u sign up like HBO?

Has anyone actually used the service? It's not available in my area yet and I'm sure its not available in most.

Thanks

If I were to be mean, I would point out that there's been several threads on this very topic before and just do a search...

...but since Im a babyface, I'll answer briefly.

It is currently only avaliable on one cable system in Pennsylvania, as the guniea pig for the service. Since it is a trial, I believe they get it for free.

WWE is still negotiating deals with companies across the country to provide the channell, and Linda Mcmahon in her recent Investor's Meeting said they would charge 6 or 8 dollars a month.

The service is On Demand. It is avaliable only through digital cable. If you only have basic cable or satellite you will be out of luck. On Demand is like having a library of programs to choose from on screen that are downloaded to your cable box as you select them. You can start a program at any time and pause and rewind it like a DVD. Many On Demand programs are free with the digital subscription, but WWE 24/7 will be a pay service which means you subscribe to the monthly fee and get access to all the programming to access whenever you want and as many times as you want. HBO and Showtime and other premiums have a similar service where digital subscribers to their premium channel also get access to On Demand movies and shows from the channel with their subscription.

I know I'm anxious to get it, and am frustrated that it's taking so long to get clearence but hopefully in a few months they'll launch nationally.

Guest Trivia247

I was hearing that cox cable down here in the DC area should be picking it up by next month..

Imagine however the programming that they could have..

there should be threads on that.

Guest Trivia247

They should have a show once a week where a current WWE wrestler picks his favorite Matches he seen growing up as well as his favorite match he been in

I was hearing that cox cable down here in the DC area should be picking it up by next month..

Imagine however the programming that they could have..

there should be threads on that.

Well, shoot, we have Comcast Cable in DC, when's that gonna pick it up?

. HBO and Showtime and other premiums have a similar service where digital subscribers to their premium channel also get access to On Demand movies and shows from the channel with their subscription.

not true for me. I have the hbo package but I dont get hbood for free

. HBO and Showtime and other premiums have a similar service where digital subscribers to their premium channel also get access to On Demand movies and shows from the channel with their subscription.

Well, at least through Comcast it's true...

that sucks for me, im going to have to call adelphia on that one

The service is On Demand. It is avaliable only through digital cable. If you only have basic cable or satellite you will be out of luck. On Demand is like having a library of programs to choose from on screen that are downloaded to your cable box as you select them.

I was reading on a DBS forum, and this guy stated that WWE 24/7 isn't really a ON Demand service as it is advertised to be....its just a regular cable channel...

Here is what he said...

My best friend has it and its not an on demand service. It is jsut a normal channel that plays wrestling 24/7 like any other cable channel.

Hmmm, that might be the test market perhaps that they are using that for?

I wish it was just a regular channel to be honest. That opens up ALOT more avaliability around the nation for them and hell, even if they charged $15-20 a month for the programming for one month, I'd pay it myself. VOD services are hard to find unless you are in bigger markets and ultimately they are jumping into that too quick before the technolgy is mainstream enough in my opinion. Hell, even just purchasing a ppv channel that would show nothing but WWE shows would be better than VOD at this point (but costly to the consumer).

Someone mentioned only digital cable can get VOD services. Not true. The satellite companies can get it, but the subscriber NEEDS a DVR reciever from what I've been told by CSRs for Dish Network. They claim to have WWE 24/7 on the horizon with a projected Spring date although this is the same company (I dont know if it was Dish Network or WWE but I saw info here at this forum and even in the Observer) who leaked info that it was supposedly starting up last month too so who knows when it will be up and running.

i think its going to turn out to be just a regular channel.....I think these test areas will prove that just running it as a regular channel is much better...

Same with Charter

Someone mentioned only digital cable can get VOD services. Not true. The satellite companies can get it, but the subscriber NEEDS a DVR reciever from what I've been told by CSRs for Dish Network. They claim to have WWE 24/7 on the horizon with a projected Spring date although this is the same company (I dont know if it was Dish Network or WWE but I saw info here at this forum and even in the Observer) who leaked info that it was supposedly starting up last month too so who knows when it will be up and running.

Satellite Video-On-Demand is just a second satellite input line going into your receiver, secretly recording programming to a hard drive built into it, and then charging you to play those videos back.

Dish Network should be offering it to new customers in March, but it will require a special receiver to do so.

Now the next qestion is... if they are going to record the programming to the harddrive on the customers side, the programming for VOD content almost has to be on it's own channel which normal customers can't access. Add in the people who are able to pirate satellite television and view that channel, with the ability to capture the signal to their computer, and I see a wealth of VOD content on the internet as soon as this service picks up.

Fun Dish Network VOD press release

http://www.corporate-ir.net/ireye/ir_site....&item_id=660074