TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

The OFFICIAL All-Time Draft Thread

I'll have to try and be online then.

Al, one thing I was wondering: are stats going to be era-adjusted in some way? For example, if I pick a dead ball era hitter, am I going to be stuck with the fact that his career high for HRs in a season was 6? Or does the sim account for things like that?

The stats are simply copied from the database with no immediate era adjustment. I will make adjustments to dead-ball era stars, raising their power stats and lowering their speed ratings, where applicable.

Guest LooneyTune

Whats the name of the chat again? TSMbaseball? (cries about having to look through the last 7 pages)

That's what the picks thread is for. Click Edit, then Find (or hit CTRL+F) to bring up a search box where you can see if a player has been picked already.

Hey guys, sorry I missed the chat. Had just got off a long shift at work and involuntarily passed out. Missed RAW and Ultimate Fighter too :(

Thanks for making my picks Al, happy with them in general as you filled my needs, especially Dihigo as a util, but I'd like to make a couple changes. I'd like to swap Bob Lemon for Jimmy Key and Lee Smith for Orel Hershiser.

I'm contemplating a switch on Delahanty, if I decide on that I'll post it in the next hour or so.

cheers!

Guest LooneyTune
I'd like to swap Bob Lemon for Jimmy Key and Lee Smith for Orel Hershiser.

You son of a bitch bastard, I'll get you for this!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! B-)

I'm probably still going to swap on Delahanty, but I REALLY wanted Sheff there, so I'm pissed at myself for sleeping. Can't I just steal Sheff from whoever took him? :angry:

Guest LooneyTune

J.R. Richard.... that name rings a bell, but I'm having problems remembering the exact person. I think I saw a special of him on ESPN a while back, but that may have been someone else.

J.R. Richard.... that name rings a bell, but I'm having problems remembering the exact person. I think I saw a special of him on ESPN a while back, but that may have been someone else.

He suffered a stroke midway through the 1980 season, ending his career prematurely.

I was going to pick Radatz as kind of a tribute, along with his pretty good bullpen numbers. Would have been fun having him and Eckersley bicker about if Eck deserved the MVP in 1992 only pitching 80 innings. Get Rico Petrocelli in there challenging Eck to come to the studio and talk, and you have radio gold.

Frequent WEEI listeners will remember that exchange. A few bits of it:

Eck: "Dick, you're not my pal."

Dick: "Aw, come on buddy."

Eck: "You are beyond your *bleep*ing age."

Rico: "Don't talk in the car.....I want you to come over here. We're right outside the ballpark."

Eck: "Oh, Riiiico."

Guest LooneyTune

He suffered a stroke midway through the 1980 season, ending his career prematurely.

Amazing... I was right when trying to remember who it was. Is he still homeless, or has he gotten back on his feet? I've done a few searches on him, but nothing that really gives any info.