TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

The OFFICIAL All-Time Draft Thread

Guest LooneyTune

With some luck, I might get to my next pick (Crosses fingers so no one picks my guy). Stupid CTRL+F search... I tried searching DiMaggio, and it wouldn't come up... but then realized the "M" wasn't capitalized in the list.

I should've known it was too good to be true that he wasn't picked (damn Round 2... or 3)

Guest LooneyTune

Bad idea to make the drafting a little more easier... start a topic for the Rosters, with each participant listing their players and position. Makes it easier to see which (Position Here) has been taken, instead of having to worry about spelling errors or other fuck ups with the search thing.

Guest LooneyTune

Hopefully I didn't overlook the names again in the draft list, since my next pick is...

lazzeri_tony_1.jpg

2B Tony Lazzeri

Bad idea to make the drafting a little more easier... start a topic for the Rosters, with each participant listing their players and position. Makes it easier to see which (Position Here) has been taken, instead of having to worry about spelling errors or other fuck ups with the search thing.

Well, people are kind of doing that already in the thread that's not pinned, so just check that.

The Fightin' Hebrews select CP Keith Foulke

p1_foulke2_ap.jpg

We also select his stylish fleece and jeans, and sell them to a 2nd hand clothing store.

Guest LooneyTune

In the boneheaded "what the hell was he thinking" pick, the Cleveland Spiders select...

jackson.jpg

OF Bo Jackson

(He was one of my favorite players back then, so please spare the laughing and insulting)

LT, I can't speak for the others, but I'm very interested to see how that turns out. I think many of us feel he was one of the most naturally gifted athletes ever, so how his playing career translates to the sim will be rather interesting.

In fact, in a way, I hope it works out for you. Except when you play my team. :)

Guest LooneyTune

It's still a much better choice than someone like Ozzie Canseco, who played like 23 games in his career. :lol:

(looks over teams) Damn you for stealing my Rickey Henderson and Kirby Puckett!

I'm still surprised I got both Henderson and Puckett as late as I did. (Henderson in the 3rd round, Puckett in the 8th). I mean, I know there's a chunkload of talent, but damn, those guys fell deeper than I would've imagined. Henderson could've easily been a first rounder, and Puckett falling to the 8th round amazes me. But, people have different priorities when drafting.

LT, I can't speak for the others, but I'm very interested to see how that turns out. I think many of us feel he was one of the most naturally gifted athletes ever, so how his playing career translates to the sim will be rather interesting.

In fact, in a way, I hope it works out for you. Except when you play my team. :)

Jackson had some pop in his bat, stole some bases, and had a rocket arm. His walk to K ratio was horrible. His slugging was average, and most importantly his carer OB was .309.

Guest LooneyTune

Sometimes taking a risk with a mediocre pick still early in the draft could payoff... and other times explode in the persons face.

Guest LooneyTune

I'll still probably get someone more suited for a more full-time position on the outfield, but for now he'll just be there to finish up filling the lineup. One of those picks where you use your heart instead of your brain.