TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Mole

I'm almost to 10,000 posts

Guest Vitamin X
I was kidding earlier. I don't really hate Chicago.

Now LA and NYC are a different matter entirely

Fuck off

Guest Vitamin X

Actually, I hate NYC too. I tend to hate New Yorkers more than their city, though.

I like big cities with nice weather. LA is both (except from January-March where the climate can't make up its mind between chilly and rainy and sunny and ridiculously hot)

I like the Cubs and the White Sox. I grew up in an extended family that was and still is obsessed with the Cubs, so I saw their games before I even watched baseball regularly.

You want to know why I started liking the White Sox? No? Well, ok... I'll tell you. Around the time I started watching baseball (1995- I was 11) I got a labrador with white paws. He had been named White Sox by his previous owners. That's it. I've been a fan ever since.

And Los Angeles is the greatest city in the United States. I've been to pretty much every major city except New York and Boston (though I'd love to see Boston) and nothing tops LA for overall atmosphere. However, Toronto may or may not top LA for overall best city in North America. I don't know. I've only been to Toronto once. I've been to LA on several occasions.

Thus ends my pointless rambling... for now.

Actually, I hate NYC too. I tend to hate New Yorkers more than their city, though.

Long Island folk are the worst. They think Long Island is the best place on earth and that everyone should be like them.

Guest Vitamin X
And Los Angeles is the greatest city in the United States.  I've been to pretty much every major city except New York and Boston (though I'd love to see Boston) and nothing tops LA for overall atmosphere.  However, Toronto may or may not top LA for overall best city in North America.  I don't know.  I've only been to Toronto once.  I've been to LA on several occasions.

Thus ends my pointless rambling... for now.

Yeah dude, smog rocks!

Seriously though, I love LA but I could see why some people wouldn't like it, especially people impatient with long commutes to just about anywhere and those that hate traffic. And if you live in a boring area, of course, but it's just so large that if you take time to get to know the city you could find something to love. It's awesomely diverse in that aspect. Not many places you can go to the beach, snowboard, and go camping in the woods all in the same day.

Long Island folk are the worst. They think Long Island is the best place on earth and that everyone should be like them.

I was actually going to mention this, though for some reason I forgot to. I've met a couple Long Islanders down here and they truly are by far the biggest assholes. New Yorkers from say, Manhattan, just tend to be very arrogant of where they're from. I find a lot of NYers are like that, though.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Slightly worse to drive in, but LA wins out on weather alone. I don't really care for any big city, but if I had to pick one to live in, it'd be San Francisco, Seattle, or Portland, probably. The latter two before the former. The south's too damn hot in the summer, the northeast is a pisshole, and I'm not keen on living in California.

Yeah...Springfield is lacking as a capital city. But hey..Lincoln's house is there...and such.

I'm turned off on LA because every single person I meet from there will not shut up about the place and how great it is...plus, the same people are so self important and arrogant.

I mean, I love Chicago, but I remember the bad with the good...the winters suck, you will find your fair share of douche bags there...and driving in the city after 2pm is just terrible.

My favorite big cities (so far) are Minneapolis and Boston.

I would prefer to live in the suburbs though, so I can be equal distance from both the heart of the city and the countryside.

Guest Vitamin X
I'm turned off on LA because every single person I meet from there will not shut up about the place and how great it is...plus, the same people are so self important and arrogant.

Funny enough, I just said the exact same thing about NYers just a few posts earlier in this thread. Must be a big city thing then, I get the same thing from some Chicagoans, though not nearly to the extent of New Yorkers. Man they're annoying.

This thread is proof that:

1. There's douchebags really everywhere you go

2. Noone is ever satisfied with their local traffic conditions

3. The grass is always greener on the other side.

Finally, Ripper was the voice of fucking reason ... this thread started off so strongly and then just fell to all shit. Even people who I normally count on for bringing good content and salvaging threads let me down. (Not naming name, but Slayer, I'm looking at you.)

And is Micah L. Glossinger the best gimmick poster in a long while, or he just naturally a kick-ass gimmick?

Oh, and by the way, congrats mole. Anyone that likes Phish, takes pictures of at least half-way attractive girls AND posts that much on TSM is Ok in my book.

Hey, man, heavy is the head that wears the crown. You're a victim of your own success. Some people are expected to bring their best, and raise the bar, and all sorts of other cliches. You're one of these people, Slayer. And this thread wasn't your best work.

Wait ... is Slayer offing himself because he failed us as a poster, or is he offing himself because of his new-found standing as an important poster?

Inquiring minds want to know.

R. Bud Slayer

He ate a .357

Wait ... is Slayer offing himself because he failed us as a poster, or is he offing himself because of his new-found standing as an important poster?

Inquiring minds want to know.

*rots*

Not to bust balls, but
yes
was the appropriate answer.

The only appropriate answers are the ones I make

And you sure have been doing a fair bit of not-naming and not-ball busting lately

Not to bust balls, but
yes
was the appropriate answer.

The only appropriate answers are the ones I make

And you sure have been doing a fair bit of not-naming and not-ball busting lately

Some of the older kids dared me to. I didn't want to, but I felt I needed to to impress them.