TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Giuseppe Zangara

Let's edit bloated double albums

face it, all double albums are bloated. they all have filler. name one that doesn't. except blonde on blonde. maybe.

superjerk i know you is a teacher & all, but you need not be so militant in enforcing the strict guidelines of a thread. you know, people are allowed to post their opinion. except you, now. your beatle arguements have little to be desired. stop arguing music on the internet. you need a new hobby. stick to ruining your personal life. thats more your forte. dig?

superjerk i know you is a teacher & all, but you need not be so militant in enforcing the strict guidelines of a thread. you know, people are allowed to post their opinion. except you, now. your beatle arguements have little to be desired. stop arguing music on the internet. you need a new hobby. stick to ruining your personal life. thats more your forte. dig?

I'm guessing you missed the point of my last post because you're illiterate.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
face it, all double albums are bloated. they all have filler. name one that doesn't.

Freak Out!

except blonde on blonde.
I tried to find one but I couldn't. Damn you Banky. My dislike for "Rainy Day Women Nos. 12 and 35" is well documented, but that's not filler, it's just a song I don't like.

I'm guessing you missed the point of my last post because you're illiterate.

EDIT: That works better than my initial response, actually.

This thread has my 3 favorite attacks on me:

1. Someone implying I'm bad at my chosen profession because they didn't like something I said that has nothing to do with my profession.

2. The suggestion that my marriage would be in better shape if only I didn't post something the suggester didn't agree with.

3. A comparison to TheMikeSC because I insulted someone who actually deserved it.

**yawn**

There must be some kind of "How to Start a Flame War with SuperJerk" talking points sheet I don't know about.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

It wasn't who you insulted, it was how you did it. Illiterate? srsly?

Illiterate? srsly?

Best I could come up with, since my wife was nagging me to go to marriage counselling as I wrote it.

In Banky's defense, making fun of your marital problems became fair game the moment you decided that we all needed to know about them.

As far as the actual topic of this thread, Exile On Main Street and London Calling are the only two double albums I'm intimately familiar with that I'd consider immune to this treatment. I'll go to work on Sign O' The Times, results forthcoming.

exile on main street becomes burdonsome to finish. i starts to sound a little too samey. it wakes up by shine a light, though. london calling is in the blonde on blonde category. sign o the times is great. i like purple rain more though. i don't have much of an affinity for albums that go on too long. must be the a.d.d.

In Banky's defense, making fun of your marital problems became fair game the moment you decided that we all needed to know about them.

I'm glad he has you as his lawyer, because he was doing an exceptionally bad job attacking me on his own.

You guys can attack me, attack my marriage, attack my career, attack my dog, whatever...but that doesn't change my opinion about the White Album. And, in my opinion, none of you know enough about music to make a better White Album than the Beatles did.

And, in my opinion, none of you know enough about music to make a better White Album than the Beatles did.

holy shit, what in the hell are you talking about?

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

Oh, duh. Purple Rain has no filler. I must've missed that one because there aren't as many tracks.

And, in my opinion, none of you know enough about music to make a better White Album than the Beatles did.

holy shit, what in the hell are you talking about?

Whitealbum.jpg

Ever heard of it?

edit: Yes, you can be easily confused by someone's post when you edit half of it out.

Edited by SuperJerk

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"
why are you being so indignant?

and did czech zing me about purple rain?

No, I was mad at myself for forgetting it the first time I did a mental passthrough for double albums.

No, I was mad at myself for forgetting it the first time I did a mental passthrough for double albums.

i may just be confused here. and don't mean to offend. but purple rain isn't a double album.

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

i may just be confused here. and don't mean to offend. but purple rain isn't a double album.

Oh, I was thinking of 1999. Well, that explains why I forgot it. I get bored with 1999 at the end, though.

Oh, I was thinking of 1999. Well, that explains why I forgot it. I get bored with 1999 at the end, though.

ok

Guest "Go, Mordecai!"

EDIT: A post!

Oh, I have some extended version of Computer Blue. That's what threw me.

outkast, 'stankonia':

gasoline dreams

so fresh, so clean

ms. jackson

snappin' & trappin'

i'll call before i come

b.o.b.

humble mumble

?

i don't like this album very much.

maybe it's just one of those things i'll never "get." i do love me some aquemini.

tori amos, 'to venus & back' (mixing the live and studio stuff into 1 album):

bliss

juarez

suede

datura

1,000 oceans

precious things

cornflake girl

bells for her

mr. zebra

sugar

purple people

i think i have a stronger attachment to that album than most other people who have heard it. mostly because the live cd is really good for long-distance driving.