TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathon

I've Been Out Of The Loop For A Few Years...

Where is Vince Russo now?

He was last doing CSWF shows in New Jersey. They did a Q&A session with him on his last wrestling show a few months ago. As others said, he's now retired and going to seminary school or something like that to be a preacher.

Has Rob Van Dam done anything worthwhile in the past couple years?

He opened his own comic book store in California and frequently holds autograph signings for WWE talent there.

What are some of the biggest news items that has rocked the wrestling world (backstage-wise) in the past 2 years? One of the last things I remember was the infamous "Flight from hell" situation where Brock Lesnar and Mr Perfect almost killed the entire flight crew...

Teddy Hart is the new God of self-marketing.

An ECW reunion PPV is in the works for June this year (2005).

Marty Jannetty and Shawn Michaels made up and are now real life friends again after both becoming born again Christians.

Big Bossman died about a year ago.

Jericho and Goldberg had a backstage fight, as did Foley and Flair, and Flair and Bischoff

To call either of those situations a fight is to overblow what actually happened. Goldberg and Jericho grappled for about two seconds before Jericho took Goldberg down with a front facelock and it quickly broke up from there. Flair punched Foley once, and they then went into room in the back and cut promo's on each other. Flair and Bischoff was just Flair ranting and raving at Eric over stuff that happened in WCW, with Flair being held back from anything he might have wanted to do.

It was about six months ago. Does it really seem that long ago for you ?

Jericho and Goldberg had a backstage fight, as did Foley and Flair, and Flair and Bischoff

To call either of those situations a fight is to overblow what actually happened. Goldberg and Jericho grappled for about two seconds before Jericho took Goldberg down with a front facelock and it quickly broke up from there. Flair punched Foley once, and they then went into room in the back and cut promo's on each other. Flair and Bischoff was just Flair ranting and raving at Eric over stuff that happened in WCW, with Flair being held back from anything he might have wanted to do.

It was about six months ago. Does it really seem that long ago for you ?

well ok, thanks for clarifying for me. I forgot the details.

1.What happened to Chris "harvard" nowinski? Is he still wrestling? Is he good?

He got a bunch of concusions and I think he does Smackdown Your Vote stuff now.

2.Seriously, BRADSHAW is a main eventer?? When did this happen? Does he have legit heat? Can he draw?

Yeah, seriously. He turned on Simmons and was WWE Champion like a month later because Eddy couldn't handle the stress of being champion and started hitting fans and cursing at them.

3. Who are the workhorses of the WWE brand now? Back then it was benoit/guerro/angle. They would completely outshine the rest of the roster, and benoit wasn't even a main eventer then.

Pretty much the same guys.

4. Brock Lesnar quit, but is he back now? Thought I read something in a wrestling magazine...

Still gone and currently suing WWE to get out of the no-compete agreement he signed to get his release. The agreement states that he cannot work for any wrestling or MMA promotion in the world.

5.Randy Orton- Face or Heel? AND Can he wrestle a match?

Heel, sort of.

6. Batista- Face or Heel? And can he wrestle a match?

Face, no but he looks great in a suit. Ask around.

7. What became of the two Tough Enough winners? (they were both guys..) I think it was season 3?

OVW, Maven and Jackie Gayda are the only winners on TV.

8.Where is Vince Russo now?

Probably church. He was born again last year sometime and has "quit the business."

9. Has Rob Van Dam done anything worthwhile in the past couple years? Or is he still doing 4 minute matches with Taijiri?

Nope and no because he's injured. He and Rey were a tag team before RVD blew out his knee.

10. Gimme the top 4 wrestlers in each brand. "workrate"wise and "heat-wise".

Workrate Heat

Raw: Raw:

Benoit Batista

HBK HHH

Jericho HBK

HHH Hassan

I really don't watch enough SD! to judge but JBL, Cena, Angle, and Taker are there.

11. Any new guys on the scene that have absolutely BLOWN you guys away?

No one has blown anybody away. But SHelton looks good and some people here have a strange fasination with Batista's clothing.

12. What are some of the biggest news items that has rocked the wrestling world (backstage-wise) in the past 2 years? One of the last things I remember was the infamous "Flight from hell" situation where Brock Lesnar and Mr Perfect almost killed the entire flight crew...

HHH and Steph got married last year.

Vince tore both his quads

Several guys have died

Rock, Brock, Austin, Foley, Hogan, and a few other guys have left the company, all but Rock and Brock have/are returning soon.

Flair beat up Bischoff and a ring crew member

Austin has beaten two women and was nearly killed by the second one.

Flair also took a cheap shot at Foley backstage after some kind of remark Foley made to him, again a result of tension over stuff said in Flair's book.

Eh, I put him down because he still entertains me more than most others. His uneven arm lengths are starting to bother me.

I've never noticed that, but now I can't stop thinking about it for some reason.

If you've been out of the loop since WM 18, then these are the major wrestling deaths you might have missed since March 2002:

4/18/02 Wahoo McDaniel Stroke 63

4/28/02 Lou Thesz Natural Causes 86

5/17/02 Davey Boy Smith Heart Attack 39

9/21/02 Rocco Rock Heart Attack 49

2/10/03 Curt Hennig Heart Attack 44

5/1/03 Miss Elizabeth Drug Overdose 42

6/2/03 Freddie Blassie Natural Causes 85

10/16/03 Stu Hart Complications From Diabetes/Pneumonia 88

10/19/03 Road Warrior Hawk Unknown 46

11/6/03 Crash Holly Unknown 34

1/24/04 Jack Tunney Natural Causes 68

3/6/04 Hercules Hernandez Heart Attack 45

9/22/04 Ray "Big Boss Man" Traylor Heart Attack 42

4/28/05 Chris Candido Blod Clot 33

This was rather depressing just copying/pasting the list...

http://www.steveswrestling.com/info/obituaries.html

The whole Miss Elizabeth/Lex Luger thing was pretty big news at the time too.

Oh, and Jericho's more over than Benoit is, don't kid yourselves.

He used to be, but not for about a year now.

Benoit's actually seen as a main eventer these days.

It doesn't help things when Jericho loosing feuds for the IC belt. Not that there's anything wrong with losing to Shelton, but its obvious WWE gave up on making Jericho about 3 years ago.

Guest Vitamin X

CRASH HOLLY?!

...yeah last time I watched WWE was WM19. I'm willing to give it a chance again, fully completing my transformation into complete antisociality by becoming a smark again. *le sigh*