TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slingshot Suplex

IWA-MS 4/1 News

Jimmy Jacobs defeated Danny Daniels for the IWA-MS title in IWA-MS's debut show in Herrin, Illinois. Jacobs hit the Contra Code and then a series of three senton splashes. He then pinned Daniels with his feet on the ropes for leverage and declined Daniels' request for a rematch.

Matt Sydal and Brandon Thomaselli title for title match ended in a double pin.

Daizee Haze retained the IWA-MS/NWA Midwest Women's title against Rain.

Delirious retained the IWA-MS Lightheavyweight belt against Josh Abercrombie.

Ian Rotten (substituting for 2 Tuff Tony) destroyed JC Bailey in a a barbed wire/ tables match.

MsChif beat Mickie Knuckles in a first blood match that went all over the Civic Center.

Billy Gunn beat Tracy Smothers in an entertaining match. Smothers is a fun heel.

There was more but I'm going to bed.

"Jimmy Jacobs defeated Danny Daniels for the IWA-MS title"

YEAH, BABY! Wait...WFT? I mean NO, BABY!

I like Jimmy, but as champ? I dunno, I can't see him going over Punk and other top IWA guys that easily.

And are you turning on your Tracy Smothers hate?1

'Ugh' to any double pin, ever.

I honestly didn't think Jacobs would be winning the World Title. I'm agreed with YNA...I like him, but it's hard to see him as champion. Although they've done a good job booking him since he dropped the 'Barbaric Berzerker' tagline.

And I'll be interested in hearing what reaction Gunn got in the end.

When did I hate Tracy Smothers? I liked him in the FBI. I think I just said that I didn't see why he was such a revered icon in IWA-MS. Last night, I kinda see why though. He was fun as hell.

As for Gunn, he was really over with the Herrin crowd of ...I'd say in the range of 150-200. Ian even addressed the reaction of some of the IWC bitching about them bringing Gunn in. But the match was enjoyable. 4 star workrate. Nope. But he and Smothers and Rain (in Tracy's corner) had a fun match.

Sabu couldn't be there though. Apparently, he took ill that morning and , with his recent health problems, wanted to get checked out.

As for Jacobs/ Daniels.....what was funny was Jacobs was the crowd fave most of the match and then they did the mic heel switch after he won the belt.

Jimmy Jacobs = Cutest Heavyweight Champion ever. (I mean that in the most un-gay way possible)

Jacobs = Baddest World Heavyweight Champ........ in a lo-wait.... oh yea, IWA:MS's title aint a World Heavyweight title, nevermind.

Guest DeputyHawk

Did IWA M-S run a card on 3/26? If so, any results? Can't find them anywhere.