TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Slickster

How much publicity did Akebono/Big Show

People claimed the Akebono/Big Show match was meant for publicity in the Japanese market. I'm wondering how much publicity their WM21 match actually garnered.

How ever much it was it couldn't have been enough. That didn't do a single thing for the WWE, Big Show, or Wrestlemania here in the states. Complete waste of a Wrestlemania spot.

For what it's worth, the slightly audible boring chant shortly after they throw the rice around was my fault. I'm sure that didn't help their image. :P

DAMN YOU!!!!!!! ;)

Guest wrestling365
How ever much it was it couldn't have been enough. That didn't do a single thing for the WWE, Big Show, or Wrestlemania here in the states. Complete waste of a Wrestlemania spot.

What crap! WWE wants to run a show at the Tokyo Dome. Akebona, K-1, and their connections can help accomplish that goal. A sell-out at the Dome would mean around a $4-5 million gate... not as dumb as you might think...

Guest LooneyTune

I'm sure Booker T (and other upper-midcarders) was having a blast not being on the biggest PPV, instead people like Christy Hemme and a fat Hawaiian Sumo Wrestler got spots on the card.

WWE has no problem selling huge in Japan or anywhere else outside of the US. I doubt Akebono could have contributed to that much more that they were going to sell anyway.

Guest LooneyTune

A wrestlemania spot went to a 1-time only appearence fat ass, in gimmick match that fans would obviously shit all over, instead of someone who busted their ass every day for a year thats under contract.