TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
UseTheSledgehammerUh

The RAW Thread for May 9, 2005

Kane has had a showdown with Batista in every battle royal in the past couple of years, and the crowd has popped for it every time.  So I could definitely see them having a Kane/Batista match.

They've had Batista/Kane. Edge is on a roll. It could go either way but the wiser choice is Batista/Edge before the draft, that way Edge will get his title shot and lose, then be paranoid about losing his MITB contract and being drafted to Smackdown

That was over a year ago, and Batista has improved considerably since then.

I think edge will win, then when he gets his match against Batista, chairshot the SHIT out of him, get disqualified, then say that he is using his Money in the Bank title shot RIGHT NOW. Edge still loses somehow, but I see it happening like that.

Guest Jack Potts

Was it just me, or was that a particularly good edition of Raw last night? For the first time in a long time, it seemed as if nearly everyone was given something to do.

Low-card, mid-card and upper-card wrestlers were given storylines and a chance in the spotlight. Shawn Michaels finally put Edge over and gave an unequivocal verbal endorsement of Shelton Benjamin. Ric Flair came out in the best shape he's been in in the past five years and was in the strange position of the underdog babyface.

Sure, it wasn't perfect, as the whole Jericho/Benjamin team-upangle is a little forced, but the overall the show really clicked for me. Last week's effort featured a better workrate, but this week's edition really showcased nearly all of the talent in a way they haven't in years.

I think edge will win, then when he gets his match against Batista, chairshot the SHIT out of him, get disqualified, then say that he is using his Money in the Bank title shot RIGHT NOW. Edge still loses somehow, but I see it happening like that.

I looooooooooooove that idea. Cept Edge should win the title like that. And then Matt Hardy shows up, Edge knocks him out, and then fucks Lita with him watching. THE HEAT, MY GOD THE HEAT.

I dunno about the fucking Lita part on live TV but maybe they could make out or something like that while Matt watches. I'm telling you, Edge could get all sorts of insane heel heat out of this Lita thing, because it would be acknowledging that they do in fact listen to people chanting at the arena. Thing is they'd have to bring Matt back for any of it to work.

I do think that Edge has to win the title at some point in this angle. To win the tourney and have the money in the bank shot and lose both would forever kill his chances at the main event. He can lose the first time but he has to win on the 2nd.

I'm not even saying that as in fantasy booking, I am saying as in, thats where I think they arereally going with this. I just don't see Edge winning it yet. I think it would be good if he won it that way, plus they could capitalize off the heat that he is getting now, but I think it will be a chairshot, match restart, Batista still winning despite overwhelming odds type of thing.

quick question, if Batista was allowed to count his own pinfall (w/unconcious refs hand) vs Christian two weeks ago, how come shawn couldnt do the same last night. That has always bugged me. It's legal to do that when the angle calls for it only. Add that to the huge list of wrestling mysteries.

and I was ROTFL over Shawn getting his jacket caught in the ramp. He kept trying to pull it out and looked dumb doing it. HAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I think edge will win, then when he gets his match against Batista, chairshot the SHIT out of him, get disqualified, then say that he is using his Money in the Bank title shot RIGHT NOW.  Edge still loses somehow, but I see it happening like that.

I was thinking something along the same lines, but I don't think it would work that well on RAW. WWE is really missing that 'anything can happen' vibe that it used to have. So what I would do is go ahead with Batista/HHH HIAC, have them fight a big brawl that essentially takes out both guys, then have Edge come out right afterwards and pick off Batista for the title.

from LOP

It actually took WWE four takes to get the interview segment with Maria and Shawn Michaels to work. Thus, HBK's crack about Maria saying, "The Edge," which was a shot at her frightened, stiff interview style, was never more fitting.

Source: PWTorch.com

Four takes?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: