TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Perfxion

Need a little help with my PC after changing

I have an HP Pavillion 9755 and just changed the ram to upgrade it to 512. It's PC133 SDRAM and it was one chip piece added to my PC to make it a total of 512mb. The problem is that my PC will not boot up. It stops the boot up after checking if everything has power. After that it does nothing at all. It just has the fan moving.

Any help will be greatful.

Are you sure that the ram is compatable? How old is the computer. If it was made in the last couple of years, I would doubt it would still be using SDRAM.

2001, last of the SDRAM PCs made. Here are the specs:

Additional Specs for Pavilion 7955

Standard Memory: 256 MB

Number of sockets for upgrade: 2

Maximum amount of memory: 1.0 GB

Memory must be installed in sets of: 1

Bus Type: PCI/AGP

HardDisk Bustype: IDE

CPU: 1.5GHz Intel Pentium 4

Standard Videos: 32 MB SDRAM

Video Comments: nVidia TNT2 M64

Model Comments: 400MHz FSB

I think part of the problem could simply be that it should be a DIMM chip yet I noticed that the mini modules on the chip are only on one side, as if it was a SIMM chip and it went into the wrong packaging.

There's a little trick that you can use if you modify hardware and it refuses to work...on the motherboard, take out the battery that looks like one used in a watch, wait a few seconds, then put it back it. I've found that this will actually solve a lot of problems when nothing else seems to work.

no dice.

The problem is now that it won't even go to a POST test. Now I don't know what to do, I went and checked wires and it still doesn't work.