TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Matt Young

Forza Motorsport

I was quite shocked to see that no one had created a thread about this game. I figured that with the great reviews from sites, magazines, and the general public alike, there would be someone here who would have this game.

I've always preferred arcade racing games to realistic ones, but I couldn't help but pick this game up. Half of my Live friends are hardcore obsessed with the game, and even though I suck at realistic racing games, the extensive customization options and online play made it worth acquiring for me. It didn't hurt that I took advantage of GameRush's trade in deals where I could get an extra $5 per game when I traded in 3 or more titles, as well as any new release for $29.99 when trading in 2 games. I traded in 5 sports games that I got for a dollar each, and got the $30 something in credit to get Forza. $5 for Forza... How could I pass that up.

I won't be playing til after Raw tonight, but I've been enjoying reading the GameFAQs Forza board and threads at other forums, and I'm geeked about this game. Who else has it? If anyone here does own the game, please feel free to show off any pimped out rides you have designed.

I got a $40 certififcate from Media Play, so I am prolly going to pick it up at the end of the week. I enjoyed the hell out of NFS2U for the XBox, and the idea of designing my ultimate fantasy car (maxed out Acura NSX) is just too tempting for me.

I have been snapping up games like mad as of late, playing them for a few days and leaving them alone. Thats a bad habit..

My in game time is 40 minutes, but I've actually played for a couple horus due to having to quit and retry a couple races a shitload of times to finish them. This game is frustratingly realistic. You cannot powerslide, ride the rails, or go off track without severe consequences. Read some of the reviews at 1up.com and TeamXbox.com for more on the amount of detail that went into the game. The stock Jetta handles almost exactly like my friend Michelle's actual Jetta. It's scary.

As I said before, I never liked realistic racing games, but I love this game. It's frustrating to no end how much I suck at it, but it keeps me coming back for more until I finally win, which is the sign of a great game.

I haven't delved into the customization aspect yet. I'm pretty artistic, but the interface is intimidating. Check out some of the cars on this site.... beautiful.

http://www.tabwin.com/forza.htm

Thats gorgeous.. all right, when I am out on the road, I am going to make a stop at MP and pick it up.

The pseudo-Calvin pissing on the GT4 logo was good for a chuckle, though.

Okay, I would put this game smack dab betweeen GT and NFS. Realistic, yet not overly so. The modifications are extensive, yet not so detailed as to slow down or lessen the racing experience. I'm already up to level 10, thanks to some cars that I have won in races. I'm enjoying this game immensely.

You can slide by turning off the traction control. Unless you;re good at I wouldn;t recommend it, its too easy to spin out.

Come on, now. I know more of you motherfuckers like cars. Kotz?

For a game that was hyped as a Gran Turismo 4 killer, and the reviewers agree that it does top GT4 or at least equals it, I expected a lot more responses. I got at least 20 at the other 3 boards I posted at about the game.

There must be someone. I want to race other TSM members online.

As I said, I don't like realistic racers normally, so I haven't played any GT games since #2, and I don't have a PS2 anyway.

Maybe someone else here can tell you, but every review I've read states that Forza is at least on par with GT4. Forza, however, has actual damage (detailed enough so that the paint color that shows up on your car after a run-in with an opponent matches the color of the opponent's car) and online play, which should be a big plus if you're into that sort of thing like I am.

I didn't want to start a new thread because I figured it would meet the same fate as this one, especially since the game came out in May. But I got Forza 2 as a birthday gift at the end of July, and while I hadn't played in a month or so, I got back into it today and started career mode.

As stated in the post about the original game, I am not usually a fan of racing sims. However, this one is incredibly addictive. I've been playing for hours, and it seems like every time I prepare to shut it off, I unlock something in career mode that makes me want to keep going?

Who else has Forza 2?

I had it for a month, then traded it in towards something else (I think it was Guitar Hero or something). It is a fun game, but I didn't feel like I had the time the invest into the game to unlock all the cars and the tracks. I'll probably pick it up Pre-owned sometime down the line again to finish it off, however, I was finding myself having more fun painting my cars then actually racing.

I have it. I played it for a bit and decided it wasn't nearly as good as GT3/4, so I haven't played it since. The two series share too many of the same tracks and cars to make it worthwhile to play the knockoff. I'm probably going to grab PGR4, because it seems to be a different kind of game, what with the street racing and such rather than the professional racing.