TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

Bill Banks' Latest Column

The TNA gang is back in Nashville after a long and successful week in Orlando for the Hard Justice Pay-Per-View and the Impact tapings.

I had the opportunity to watch the Pay-Per-View again on Monday afternoon. Overall, I was happy with the event. Once again the TNA roster delivered, as all the wrestlers came with their best for the show. Raven and Sean Waltman had one hell of a match, while The Fallen Angel and Shocker delivered a technical wrestling masterpiece. Of course, the biggest moment was AJ Styles capping off the event with his win over Jeff Jarrett for the NWA World Heavyweight Title.

No major injuries to report from Hard Justice. Abyss and The Truth did a number on each other, though. Abyss suffered a pretty nasty deep cut to the top of head after a chairshot from The Truth, while Killings cracked his teeth after Abyss dropped the chair on his face.

By all accounts, Tito Ortiz thoroughly enjoyed working with TNA at Hard Justice. Prior to the main event, Ortiz spent nearly the entire night watching the show on a monitor from backstage and was focused on each bout. Nearly everyone I spoke with was extremely impressed with the job Tito did refereeing Jarrett vs. Styles. Hopefully, Ortiz will be working with TNA again in the future as both sides expressed interest.

One last note on the Pay-Per-View - if you haven’t gotten a chance to check out the live ringside photos from Lee South, definitely take a look. In my opinion, the shots Lee got from Hard Justice are some of his best work to date as our staff photographer.

Tuesday’s Impact tapings resulted in two great shows (in my opinion), the first of which will air this Friday on Fox Sports Net. We’ll hear from new NWA World Heavyweight Champion AJ Styles, with the following matches set to take place: The Alpha Male vs. Sonny Siaki, Christopher Daniels vs. Cassidy Riley, a number-one contender’s match as AMW takes on Team Canada with the winner facing The Naturals at Slammiversary, and in the main event it will be Abyss fighting Chris Sabin.

Get well wishes go out to Shane Douglas, who fell ill this week prior to the Hard Justice Pay-Per-View with what sounds like a very bad flu and he was unable to attend the Impact tapings on Tuesday. Jeremy Borash spoke to Shane by phone on Wednesday and said The Franchise sounded better. Terry Taylor and Don West filled in for Shane on interviews this week as he recuperates.

Speaking of Terry, I’m happy to say he has accepted a role heading up the Talent Relations side of TNA along with Shane Douglas. I consider Terry a friend and mentor, as he’s always been one of my best teachers in this business. Taylor has a tremendous mind for the sport, and is also one of the hardest working people in it. On the other hand, his driving skills could use a little work…

Gail Kim was backstage this week at the Impact tapings visiting friends, including many of TNA’s Canadian talent whom she broke into the sport with.

A number of TNA staff and stars attended the debut of Star Wars Episode III on Wednesday night in Nashville. I heard Anakin becomes Darth Vader at the end. Don’t you hate it when people ruin the end of movies?

I was never into the whole Star Wars thing. I was focused on other nerd pastimes like video games and Transformers. Call me un-hip.

TNA’s August Pay-Per-View will be called “Sacrifice”, taking place on Sunday, August 14. We should have a press release up on the website soon regarding the event.

Another big announcement on the future of TNA Wrestling appears to be right around the corner. Stay tuned…

TNA got some good news this week as we learned both AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels have signed new deals with the promotion through 2008. TNA is in the process of signing all talent to long-term contracts.

We are nearing completion of both the “Best of Jeff Hardy” and “Destination X” DVDs, with both going to press for duplication sometime next week. We should have both in stock for sale on the website sometime in mid-June right around Slammiversary. One cool bonus feature on the Hardy DVD will be the music video created for his “Modest” entrance music, as well as footage of the behind-the-scenes “making of” the video with director’s commentary by yours truly. All the footage for the video was shot at Universal Studios and it will be real treat for Hardy fans to see it. I also like the cover for the Best of Hardy DVD, which I’ve pictured as a nice sneak preview.

Work is going nicely on the new TNAwrestling.com redesign, set to be unveiled the weekend of Slammiversary. Website guru Lee South along with design staff Dan Burgess and Marcus Cygy are all contributing to the new site. Based on the early previews I’ve seen, I’m really excited about the new site. It’s going to have flash and animation features that will put us on par with some of the top sites on the internet. I was going to include a sneak peek picture of the new site here, but on second thought I wouldn’t want anyone ripping off our new design before it debuts lol

I had a chance to visit the Impact Community message boards on the website this week, and one topic that is growing in popularity is Konnan’s shoes. Several fans who attended recent Impact tapings posted that their shoes were shown on camera, while one lucky Community member had his shoe used by The Truth to whack BG! Only in wrestling…

On the main page of the website, fans have the opportunity to vote for their favorite moment in TNA’s three-year history. The top 5 choices will be highlighted throughout the Slammiversary Pay-Per-View on June 19. Thus far in the early voting, Primetime walking the cage at Turning Point is the leader, with Jeff Hardy’s debut against AJ Styles in second place and Styles winning the first X Championship in third.

Last but not least, props go out to my parents, who were sitting front row for the Hard Justice Pay-Per-View. In fact, it’s not hard to spot them. Look for the lady in the green shirt that catches Shocker’s sombrero during his entrance. Yup, that was my mom fighting another fan for it. Everyone in TNA got a good laugh out of it the next day. Gotta love moms. Don’t ever get between an Irish woman and a sombrero or you’ll pay the price, too.

That’s it for this week – enjoy Friday’s Impact on Fox Sports Net!

Bill Banks

Credit: TNAWrestling.com

Guest Desperate Housewife

What an idiotic name for a show.

Sacrifice: Sacrificing your hard end cash and some poor sap's career, to put Jeff Jarrett

I'm like the anti-Carnival

great gimmick...

ban

Guest Desperate Housewife
I'm like the anti-Carnival

great gimmick...

ban

Yes, ban the people who have the-

Wait - why are you dragging this into another discussion. I made a joke and you had a tantrum about it. Discussion done.

So is there going to be an against all odds dvd or not?

No but you can buy the new King of the Mountain Jeff Jarrett toy.

Consider it done.

I don't see how Jeff Hardy warrants a "best of" DVD.

Maybe they think those 5 Hardy marks in the crowd will buy 15 copies each.

So the best of Hardy will be the 3 PPV matches, a music video, and Jeff going to Sears to buy paint?

you forgot to mention his trips to the thrift store to buy clothes.

So the best of Hardy will be the 3 PPV matches, a music video, and Jeff going to Sears to buy paint?

you forgot to mention his trips to the thrift store to buy clothes.

And waiting around airports after missing the plane.

So is there going to be an against all odds dvd or not?

No but you can buy the new King of the Mountain Jeff Jarrett toy.

So they aren't release that on dvd? why not? They are having dvds for every other 3 hour ppv cept that one? what happened?

wait.......DID PHILL COLLINS THREATEN TO SUE TNA?