incubus (see linkin park)

sugar ray (sell-outs)

thats all that really stands out, you people

Guest Youth N Asia

Limp Bizkit...reasons

1) Hate metal/rap

2) Stupid "Bizkit" spelling

3) Asshole frontman

I also strongly dislike Moby, Korn, and Goo Goo Dolls.

Just for the record...I hate the term sell out...I just don't think someone should be critisized when they decide that it's a good idea to go from making $20 a night to millions...you can't blame them really

Guest Edwin MacPhisto

I don't hate Linkin Park or Incubus because everyone creams over them, so to speak.  I just don't like 'em cause the music's shit.  If Linkin Park can give me a song without Mike Shinoda being one of the worst rappers I've ever heard, or perhaps a song without asinine lyrics about falling apart from the inside or being isolated from society because they're so dark that rank alongside bad 10th grade poetry, then maybe I'll be impressed.

Incubus is just kinda bland to me, though I will admit to having only heard the singles.  I actually thought that they had a pretty cool thing going when I first heard "Pardon Me."  Interesting sound, an interesting delivery on the lyrics even if they weren't much of anything grand--not brilliant, but it made an impression and sounded unique, which is something.  When the other songs were released onto radio and TV and I heard them, I kind of wrote the group off as a rather generic, bland, emotive rock group with a loping ballad or two.

Never minded Sugar Ray that much.  Fairly easygoing pop rock, nothing too offensive, stuff I wouldn't turn off if it came on the radio.  I'm aware that their debut (Lemonade and Brownies, right?) was a lot harder, and so was everything on Floored but "Fly," but from the little I've heard, they made the right choice in switching their focus to pop.  They do it a lot better than they ever did the hard stuff.

Course, I'm drawing a blank for anything else at the moment, short of the generic bands I just don't get or care for--the entire nu-rap-whatever-"metal" resurgence and the "we play generic alternative rock" resurgence of the Nickelback/Calling/Default/whatever variety.

Bizkit's high on my list too, they just piss me off so much. Between Durst being a dickhead and their pathetic music they make me sick.

Guest muzanisa

Can't stand Linkin Park, Limp Biscuit or any of the nu metal boy bands that come onto Kerrang TV.

Hate Oasis, I have Revolver on CD and don't need your offerings.

Moby + Fatboy Slim, fuck off both of you and go and work in advertising.

The Strokes, Mummy, Daddy can I have a sucessful music career please?

The Hives, yes you have an entertaining charasmatic front man and I like your look, now go and write some songs that aren't shit.

Semisonic you are not earnest and intelligent, you are boring and annoying.

I really could go on all day.

Guest bravesfan

Uggh.... Korn.

Linkin Park minus Shinoda may have some merit, but his raps, finely displayed in "It's Going Down", are so bad in delivery and creativity, he just brings the rest of them down.

Guest Narcoleptic Jumper
Incubus is just kinda bland to me, though I will admit to having only heard the singles.  I actually thought that they had a pretty cool thing going when I first heard "Pardon Me."  Interesting sound, an interesting delivery on the lyrics even if they weren't much of anything grand--not brilliant, but it made an impression and sounded unique, which is something.  When the other songs were released onto radio and TV and I heard them, I kind of wrote the group off as a rather generic, bland, emotive rock group with a loping ballad or two.

Since you said you have only heard the singles, I understand that.  But you should really listen to the rest of Morning View and Make Yourself.  *I* think they are very unique and cool albums, especially Morning View.  'Are You In?' is one of the COOLEST songs I've ever heard.

Guest CoreyLazarus416

Led Zeppelin (I find them to be REALLY generic 70's rock, and I've heard bands that were around before them/at the same time write better songs, especially Deep Purple and The Rolling Stones)

Kittie (I admit to thinking that ex-Kittie members Fallon Bowman and Talena Atfield are 2 of the hottest pieces of ass on the planet, but the band is shit. "Run Like Hell" and "Charlotte" are their only good songs, and one is a cover song. That says something)

Mudvayne (No explanation needed for me to dislike this overrated one-hit-wonder of an aggro band)

80's Glam Rock bands (I FUCKING HATE THIS BULLSHIT!! IT'S NOT METAL, SO STOP CALLING IT METAL {MTV, VH1, etc.}!!!! Only worthy bands of this era were Motley Crue, Bon Jovi {shut up}, and Twisted Sister)

Guest Kinetic

I honestly feel that Def Leppard is the worst band to ever acheive any modicum of mainstream success.  Their production--that sort of obnoxious plasticky sound that makes the music sound completely artificial--set the stage for hundreds of bands that ripped it off, thus destroying mainstream music ever since (grunge era excluded).  As much as I dislike KISS, at least their music sounded a little more organic.

Guest hardyz1

I second the thoughts on Incubus being pretty good.  "Warning", their new single, is all kinds of good.

Bands/artists I can't stand:

Violent Femmes:  I hate all their stuff.

Dave Matthews Band:  "Everyday" makes me want to puke.

Madonna:  More like Prima Donna!  Hahaha, I'm so clever...

Celine Dion:  All of her songs are tied for the worst song ever.

Limp Bizkit:  I think everybody's covered this already.

All the "bling bling money bitches niggaz" rap music

Britney Spears:  Just shut up and do Playboy you no talent whore

I'm sure there's many more.

Guest Kinetic

As long as we're going down the reprehensible solo artist road, I'd like to nominate both Faith Hill and Shania Twain.  Words cannot properly express the hatred I feel for their soaring ballads and songs that preach female empowerment to the sub-literate masses.  How this music could be construed, even in the most liberal sense, as country is beyond me.  

Oh, and Jermaine Dupri.  I hate that little bastard.

Guest ZGangsta

I don't get why so many people love to trash Incubus, and lump them in with all of the crap rap-metal (Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park). First off, there's not really any rap influence in their music at all, and secondly, they don't have that fake "we're angy so fuck you" vibe that all the nu-metal bands try so hard to project. Incubus is one of the only poular rock bands that have gained fame in the past 3 years that actually sound original to me. I think that most of the people who trash them do it because the sound is confusing at first, or just because they want to trash any rock band who's popular at the time. But if you go and sit down and listen to one of their albums, it starts to grow on you, and you start to feel the flow of the songs. I actually think Incubus is a pretty good band, and the guys seem cool and laid back, and not fake-angry.

As for bands I can't stand:

-Limp Bizkit

-*Nsuck

-Creed

-Hoobastank

I'm not going to mention 'pop' music (and i use the word music here in its loosest sense) here 'cause thats shooting fish in a barrel - Added to which at least 'bad' music allows room for an emotional response - its the mediocre and bland that really should get more flak.

I really, really can't stand Cr**d, Nickelback, and the whole of that nu-grunge scene, that seems to produce quite exceptionally mediocre music that stands alone in its levels of arrogant, bland and hollow pomposity - the extent to which these bands go to produce the meaningless is shocking- As for Incubus, I 'm fond of the last album, but the singles from 'Morning View' give off that empty pomposity vibe- and 'Nice to Know you' lacked the nasty bite I was expecting in the verses, that the chorus seemed to suggest.

Also, prog rock has this tendancy to send me in to an involuntary coma - really, is a solo of any sort over a couple of minutes necessary outside the privacy of your own head?

I agree with the criticism of the generic 'gangsta' rap - its existence, and the creeping of some of its attitudes in to the nu-metal arena (yes, Limp Bizkit and Crazy Town, I'm looking at you), simply serves the entire music scene a disservice

And the bland AOR style of music, - Matchbox 20, DMB, etc just makes me want to gnaw off my own arm and use the one left to throw it at my radio - It's so inoffensively mediocre it makes me nauseous.

Phew, rant over.

Ian

Guest razazteca
All the "bling bling money bitches niggaz" rap music

true dat, why must all rappers represent the hood/city that they are from or glorify ghetto life?

Guest Mark4steamboat

its simple, razazteca, because everyone else does.

i cant stand, led zepellin(way overrated), hoobastank(clones of incubus but i like incubus) moby(techno sucks)slipknot(ive covered them enough on this board) and saliva(never have liked them)

Guest Kinetic

On the topic of Incubus:  Is it just me, or do "Nice to Know You" and "Wish You Were Here" sound almost identical?

Guest MaxPower27

Actually, Incubus' CD "S.C.I.E.N.C.E." was/is one the best CD's I've heard in a long long time.

Guest Youth N Asia

Pink Floyd has always pissed me off...they're suppose to be all legendary, but they mostly put me to sleep.

I could say Tool...but that discussion went on forever on the old board.

Guest cobainwasmurdered

Limp Bizkit and all the other Wannabe Hip bands.

Guest Shaved Bear

i cant stand incubus because

a) there songs sound identical

b) they are overrated

c) they seem kinda whiny (but thats my opinion)

well i said this all earlier though

Guest Vyce

Linkin Park's decent (but I'm with you on the rapping.  Less of it, please).  Incubus is GOOD music, sorry if you think otherwise.  I like Hoobastank too, but that's probably because I like Incubus.

I could say Tool...but that discussion went on forever on the old board.

Tool can't be on your list, seeing as it's a scientifically proven fact that they are the best band ever.

Well, 2nd best, behind NiN.

But it's true.  Einstein wrote the theorem.

I hate so many bands / artists that I can't possibly list them all, but here are the main perpetrators:

Limp Bizkit (redundant to say, I know, but they really do signify EVERYTHING that is wrong with music today)

Korn

Kid Rock

Moby (not cause it's electronica, but because Moby is an ass)

and, most of all - Rage Against The Machine (THE most overrated band EVER.  There are not words in the vast English language that can accurately describe how much I feel they suck.  In the words of lil' Jimmy Norton, that Surly Truck Driver ™, "They stink, and I don't like them!")

Guest Mark4steamboat

eh hem... RAGE FUCKING RULES! now that that is out of my system, i can see how some people dont like them. Zach's lyrics arent great but his voice rocks and the  band itself is awesome and put on one hell of a stage show.

I hate everything that MTV and VH1 have brought into this world.  I hate manufactured bands like NSYNC and the kind.  I hate all this either feel good shit or I'm 20 and have had such a bad life rock.  I hate Rap.  All of it.  I really dislike electronica, techno, house what ever the fuck that shit is supposed to be.

Bands I hate:

1.Nirvana - 1 or 2 songs I like... but I hate them.  And I'm from Seattle.

2. Linkin Park - same as everyone else

3. Limpy Biscuits - same as everyone else

4. Creed

5. NSyncish bands

6. Nelly Fertado

Guest Smues

I could list a zillion bands that I can't stand, but most have already been covered here, so I'll just mention the one currently at the bottom of the toilet for me: Blink 182.

I can't fucking stand these guys, all their music sounds the same, and it's wayyyyyyyyyyyy too fucking whiny. Take the whininess out of it and MAYBE it's tolarable, but christ with it in I just wanna throw the radio out the window and then jump out myself.

Guest Choken One

Limp Bizkit

-I was kinda of into these guys for the first week but then Fred Durst started talking more and more and Wes was being pushed aside. I lost all desire and respect for that shitty ass band. Thankfully, Wes left the group and look at Fred Durst try to leave the group and be a rap star.

Slipknot

-BIGGEST PIECE OF SHIT GROUP EVER FORMED. Horrible shows. Fans are idiots (just try to speak an intelligent chat with them, it's damn near impossible). None of the music has a good beat, horrible 7th grade whiner "mommy and daddy butfucked me" lyrics. boring. sloppy. Lack charisma.

ICP

-Bigger idiot fans then Slipknot. Each come from the same gross underworld. The parents of both ICP/Slipknot ought burn in hell for fornicating that night.

MOBY

- I kinda dug his music, but then he tried to become music's spokesperson. He thinks his big vocabulary is so impressive. It's not. "Sell-Out" in every form of the word. He can make up any excuses he wants.

Guest Kinetic
MOBY

- I kinda dug his music, but then he tried to become music's spokesperson. He thinks his big vocabulary is so impressive. It's not. "Sell-Out" in every form of the word. He can make up any excuses he wants.

Agreed, but "Senor Moby's House of Music" rocks the house.  His new song is terrrrrrrible, though.

Guest ant_7000

All Heavy Metal is noise to me, I tried to see what it was all about and I kept getting headaches. Any Pop or Boy bands I wonder in 5 years any one those groups will be around? You guys remember the Spice Girls?

Limp Bizkit

-I was kinda of into these guys for the first week but then Fred Durst started talking more and more and Wes was being pushed aside. I lost all desire and respect for that shitty ass band. Thankfully, Wes left the group and look at Fred Durst try to leave the group and be a rap star.

I doubt Fred will leave. Where did you hear that shit? They suck though.

I hate-

All hatecore bands

All boybands (especially all the ripoff ones like 98 Degress and Lfo)

Slipknot

ICP

Velvet Underground

Jeff Buckley