TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
TNABaddboi

Next Impact Taping

TNA is expected to announce they will tape Impact! on Tuesday 6/21 at Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida. The belief is the taping will be used for the show's International outlets. I've written in the past that TNA would be well advised to run the shows online while they sort out their TV situation, but I don't believe that is something that has even been discussed at this juncture.

For those wondering, the latest on their TV situation is that no decisions have been made and negotiations are still going with several entities, so everyone is still in a holding pattern waiting to see which way things end up.

Credit: PWInsider.com

The fact that are having an event is a good sign, but I wonder what they are going to do with it. I saw it suggest on another board that they release the event as a DVD, like a Too Hot for TV type of thing, which is an interesting idea, in addition to what Mike said about broadcasting it online. I don't know how feasible either idea is though. Thoughts...

at this rate they may be off TV for longer than expected. For the first time, i'm considering it a possibility that TNA could die very soon.

Bottom line seems to be at this juncture that the whole NWA Ohio bullshit affected TNA's negotiations with WGN. From the reports WGN wants a stable company and they have reservations now that what's his fuck did that whole public statement about pulling out of a buyout and saying the deal fell out, etc. Fact of the matter is the deal didnt fall apart until he made it fall apart by doing that. So WGN and Panda seem to be back a few steps again on things, and it seems very possible this deal might not even go down. Worse case, TNA will end up back on FSN, but I sure as shit hope not.

Bottom line seems to be at this juncture that the whole NWA Ohio bullshit affected TNA's negotiations with WGN. From the reports WGN wants a stable company and they have reservations now that what's his fuck did that whole public statement about pulling out of a buyout and saying the deal fell out, etc. Fact of the matter is the deal didnt fall apart until he made it fall apart by doing that. So WGN and Panda seem to be back a few steps again on things, and it seems very possible this deal might not even go down. Worse case, TNA will end up back on FSN, but I sure as shit hope not.

If the deal did happen to fall through SPECIFICALLY because of the Nelson guy, couldn't TNA sue his ass for it? Not sure if there is a legal term for it (I'm pretty sure that there is) but I would think they could sue him for causing the deal to fall through for spreading false information publicly.

I would be surprised if Dave Nelson had anything to do with WGN not giving TNA a TV deal. I think it more likely that the real deal breaker was WGN wanting TNA to pay for the slot, TNA not wanting to, and both parties being unable to come to a compromise.