TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

The one & only OVW...errr, Smackdown thread.

Guest Trecko

Is there a reason no one is shitting on the name "Mexicools"? I mean, seriously, it's the worst name I've ever heard in wrestling...period. And the fact that they tried to put it over just now made it even worse. Surely I'm not the only one that hates the name? I mean, of all the ways that they could've been brought in...jumping London, helpin Chavo, gettin in Eddie's ear about Rey....they come out like this? With that name? Why is no one shitting on this name?? :angry:

K someone seemed as annoyed as I am by the horrible name, so, yeah. Good.

It's stupid - I guess they can't be called the LWO because that would be referencing the NWO, and Vince can't acknowledge that they existed.

Because it's actually something original from WWE, and features three guys that have never been in WWE before? (Please don't reply with some obscure reference to a 1997 RAW or the ECW PPV or something). I like the name...it works...it gets the point across.

Edit: Just reading the previous responses...don't any of you get it? Is everyone dense or something tonight? They were making a PARODY of the usual stereotypes...Juvi said "we used to work for you...now you gringos are going to work for us!" I think the gimmick is awesome.

Is there a reason no one is shitting on the name "Mexicools"? I mean, seriously, it's the worst name I've ever heard in wrestling...period. And the fact that they tried to put it over just now made it even worse. Surely I'm not the only one that hates the name? I mean, of all the ways that they could've been brought in...jumping London, helpin Chavo, gettin in Eddie's ear about Rey....they come out like this? With that name? Why is no one shitting on this name??  :angry:

Fuck that. I loved that entire segment. I marked out WAYYYY too hard for that.

Hip hop music with Juvi bumping out to the "Mexican Limo...TWO THOUSAND FIVE~!"

3 Great talents...awesome.

Juvi cutting a promo....hilarious.

Mexicools.

Ruled.

Dames

Guest Trecko
Because it's actually something original from WWE, and features three guys that have never been in WWE before? (Please don't reply with some obscure reference to a 1997 RAW or the ECW PPV or something). I like the name...it works...it gets the point across.

Is there a reason no one is shitting on the name "Mexicools"? I mean, seriously, it's the worst name I've ever heard in wrestling...period. And the fact that they tried to put it over just now made it even worse. Surely I'm not the only one that hates the name? I mean, of all the ways that they could've been brought in...jumping London, helpin Chavo, gettin in Eddie's ear about Rey....they come out like this? With that name? Why is no one shitting on this name??  :angry:

Yeah, but it sounds like...ridiculously cheesy. Like..really, really cheesy. There was a name given to them in the other spoilers that I could've worked with, but "Mexicools"? Original or not, it sounds BEYOND cheesy.

I just realzed this Mexicools thing will invariably end with Michelle McCool joining them...

The name is horrible, it's something you would see at the lowest of indie shows.

Well cool, Booker T and Benoit are on SD, thank God.

"I don't even know what down means!"

Hahaha. This segment gets better by the second.

Edit: Just reading the previous responses...don't any of you get it? Is everyone dense or something tonight? They were making a PARODY of the usual stereotypes...Juvi said "we used to work for you...now you gringos are going to work for us!" I think the gimmick is awesome.

I'm glad someone else got it.

Guest Trecko

I just realzed this Mexicools thing will invariably end with Michelle McCool joining them...

LOL. That'd be hot, actually.

And to the guy above, I like the gimmick. It's funny. I damn near fell off my bed when he was callin em gringos. It's just the NAME. It sounds like me, the poster, Trecko, real name Daniel, going to WWE and naming myself "The Danmeister". It just sounds....yish. For a funny gimmick, the name just annoys me shitless.

Guest wildpegasus

Eddie vs Rey ruled. Watch it, tape it, and cherish. Had an epic struggle feel to it

Guest Trecko

Ahhh...I like how they brought Hassan in. I could deal with the loss on RAW a little better. I love how everyone went and turned on Hassan in the ring and got pissed, made him seem like a bigger deal, PLUS he got at everyone. Good debut.

BTW, LOL @ Booker repeatedly sayin "you right, dog, you right" whenever Daivari started yellin. I think I like Hassan on SD now.

Maybe they'll get a new name after it debuts.

And WP's mentioning of Eddie/Rey excites me.

I realize that, but having them come out in work clothes riding a lawnmower is NOT the best way to put that point across. Coming out in somewhat respectable clothing would have done much more to help their gimmick. You can't expect the audience to keep up when they're propagating the stereotype one second and separating themselves from it the next. Especially considering that you could barely understand what they were saying.

Alright...the winner of the 6 man won't be named Smackdown Champion, since Batista will then be revealed as the draft pick. He'll have a new # 1 Contender though.

Dames