TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

The OaO "Land of the Dead" talkback thread

You guys ever see Italian flick "BURIAL GROUND" ?

Please tell me you have. The goddamn CREEPY LITTLE BOY tries to fuck his own mother. AND EATS HER BREASTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Melinda (Mindy) Clarke is fucking amazing. If y'all are OC fans and wanna see Mrs. Cooper's boobies, check out her rack in ROTLD3, a weird Yuzna attempt at "Zombies meet Romeo & Juliet".

There's a new zombie comedy flick going direct-to-video called "Hide & Creep" that is actually pretty good. Some jokes fall flat, and they reinvent the zombie formula a bit, but quite a bit of it is entertaining.

"The Wickeds" came out a few weeks ago as well. It's a weird low budget movie that rips a lot off of "Night of the Living Dead." And Ron Jeremy stars in the film, so that makes it better.

Interestingly enough, the same company is releasing a film by the name of "Creepies" in a month and a half. It's "Return of the Living Dead" with spiders instead of zombies, as they rip off almost the entire movie, including the ending.

Another great zombie film: "Dead and Burried". A non-flesh eating zombie film from the director of "Raw Meat" and the writers of "Alien". (Fact: in my profile, where it says I live in "Potter's Bluff"; that's a reference to the film)

Oh, and theres a French Zombie film called "They Came Back", in which the dead come back to...live their old lives again.

Then theres "Wild Zero". If you hate this movie, then I don't know what to say for you.

And yeah, DayOTD sucks, I think the Reanimator's vastly overrated too. Probably for the 'giving HEAD omgroofle' scene.

Personally, my favorite thing about "Re-Animator" is Jeffrey Combs as Herbert West. He is the best Mad Scientist in the history of horror, IMO.

Wild Zero is the shit, if you like that check out Versus. Great effin' movie.  No Guitar Wolf, though.

I own "Versus", and it's pretty fuckin' sweet.

My top five:

1. Dawn of the Dead(Original)

2. Dead Alive/Braindead

3. The Beyond aka The Seven Doors of Death

4. Return of the Living Dead

5. Zombi 2 aka Zombie(Fulci)

Haven't had a chance to see Wild Zero yet, but I see it in every HMV or Sunrise that I go into here in Toronto. Also, has anyone ever seen Raiders of the Living Dead?

Wild Zero is the shit, if you like that check out Versus. Great effin' movie.  No Guitar Wolf, though.

I own "Versus", and it's pretty fuckin' sweet.

Versus kicks all kinds of ass dubbed--hilarious. When I first watched it, I was like "WTF" because the camera work starts out looking TERRIBLE. Early on, every shot seems framed wrong, people will be talking outside of the frame, or partially out of the frame, some shaky camera action. It's hard to watch. Get past that stage and it becomes a blast.

Obviously about 95% of the budget was used on the gore.

They're making a sequel to Versus. I love the well-dressed crazy guy. And I love that the cops have their little storyline that amounts to absolutely nothing.

Speaking of "Return of the Living Dead", ROTLD 4: Necropolis and ROTLD 5: Rave from the Grave come to theatres on Oct. 7th from Freestyle Releasing, who also released the film adaptation of Stephen King's "Riding the Bullet"

Guest Mosaicv2

1. Night of the Living Dead (1968)

2. Dawn (1979)

3. Return of the Living Dead

4. Zombie

5. Day of the Dead

As luck would have it, I just found ROTLD 3 for $4 at my local Hollywood, (as well as 28 Days Later). So I'll be watching that gem for the 1st time soon.

As luck would have it, I just found ROTLD 3 for $4 at my local Hollywood, (as well as 28 Days Later). So I'll be watching that gem for the 1st time soon.

It's pretty good, just don't expect a comedy like the first two. It's more seroius, though it's pretty good, IMO. Plus, you get to see Mindy Clark's tits, as well as one of the villains (the girl one) from "Superman II" (no, you don't see her tits)

Also, while it's a book, you should read Brian Keenes "The Rising" and "City of the Dead".

Versus kicks all kinds of ass dubbed--hilarious. When I first watched it, I was like "WTF" because the camera work starts out looking TERRIBLE. Early on, every shot seems framed wrong, people will be talking outside of the frame, or partially out of the frame, some shaky camera action. It's hard to watch. Get past that stage and it becomes a blast.

Obviously about 95% of the budget was used on the gore.

i love Versus, but the first 20 minutes or so always give me a headache, but when they star fighting it gets good. This movie always leaves me so tired after watching it.

and Wild Zero rules "lock and lollllll!"