TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Only The Strong Survive

"World" Title Confusion

Ideally, I'd like the WWE title back on Smackdown just so Benoit can win it.

As I've said in other threads, my take on this situation is this:

Batista beats Hunter at Vengeance

John Cena retains the WWE Title at Vengeance

Batista gets drafted to Smackdown

Hunter tells Vince he should beat Cena for the WWE belt, as he's just 'made' Batista, and he needs a big win to get his heat back

Hunter beats Cena at Summerslam

There may be a slight variance or two here and there, for example Hunter might hold of on winning the WWE Title for a PPV or two in order to keep the program going, and better bury Cena, but that is how I see things going.

I'd say that's what probably will happen.

Edited by RobotJerk

Guest Coffey
Only other option, Coffey, is to take Triple H to SmackDown!?

You never know with this company.

I can't see Triple H going to Smackdown but I could see Batista losing and going to Smackdown. Wouldn't that be a kick in the nuts? Then WWE would have to actually go through giving Smackdown a new World Title and they could combine the two on Raw or something.

Logically, everything points to Batista winning tonight. He even lost on Raw. Triple H just defies logic sometimes.

Well, logically, tonight would be the best night for Edge to use his title shot after HITC (unless they have Kane destroy him), and because it was said if Edge was drafted he lost his title shot. (I could be wrong about that but seem to recall it). I would not be surprised to see Edge go to SD with the title, or Cena traded back to SD.

I just do not see Cena taking over on Raw for Batista. Cena has barely cracked the second hour and has had no interaction with the top guys (unless you count Bischoff). I can understand wanting to keep a matchup fresh, but they have booked Cena to be midcard and nowhere near the ME. A confrontation, staredown or even just a talk with Batista, HHH, HBK or even Ric Flair would have done a lot for him. In just two weeks Angle has slingshotted past Cena on the card.

Chill, Cena isn't being put in the midcard. Right now he is just getting used to Raw until this PPV is over and the draft is done with. I'm fairly sure he will be the main champ on Raw when it's all said and done.

Edge using his title shot tonight would be brilliant but I think anyone who watched that would find it incredibly lame....two guys kill each other in a HIAC match only to have Edge use his Money in the Bank shot at that point? It has such a WM 9 vibe to it.

Guest Rrrsh

I think if Edge/Kane opens, the Money in the bank thing makes sense.

I really want Jericho to win it and go to SD, as Heel Jericho vs Face Benoit would change Smackdown for the better in so many ways

I think if Edge/Kane opens, the Money in the bank thing makes sense.

I really want Jericho to win it and go to SD, as Heel Jericho vs Face Benoit would change Smackdown for the better in so many ways

And then Benoit and Jericho can unify the new Smackdown Championship with the WWE Title in a Ladder Match.

You laugh, but that's probably about 100X more entertaining then what will actually occur.

Guest Rrrsh

I have been saying I wanted that the SECOND I heard about the 6 way match.

And that is the absolute best way this could end.

Here's a thought...

If this new "Smackdown Championship" was really going to be their top title for that show like they're claiming, why give the match for it away on free TV?

A swerve is inevitable.

This is an interesting test of how much Vince really cares about his titles...I for one would like to see Cena interact with one of the established Raw ME's(HHH did acknowledge him on Raw) but at least he's still acting like the WWE champ and I still don't think Vince will let the WWE title get trumped by HHH's old WCW belt...I think Cena character wise is acting like a real champion..accepting the challenges but not going out and whipping ass for no reason..he had a ready made feud with Xian and Jericho jumped on...I hope that the Cena/Jericho thing goes on for a while too....

With Batista's win tonight, his move to Smackdown now seems a certainty.

Doesn't it?

Yep.

:angry: That would piss me off more than anything.

I'm probably not going to watch Raw tonight either.

Guest hhheld_down

ok who here is tierd of hhh bullshit :bonk: i for one am tierd of hearing i want my belt back boo fricking who. If raw was at all smart they would have a match with batista and cena. :boxing: Then they could make it so the person that wins gets to fight hhh and when he is moved to smackdown he can take one belt. That way we don't have two belts and all of us going what the fuck. :cheers: .

ok who here is tierd of hhh bullshit :bonk:  i for one am tierd of hearing i want my belt back boo fricking who.  If raw was at all smart they would have a match with batista and cena.  :boxing:  Then they could make it so the person that wins gets to fight hhh and when he is moved to smackdown he can take one belt.  That way we don't have two belts and all of us going what the fuck. :cheers: .

Batista got traded to Smackdown.