Sign in to follow this  
UZI Suicide

Which of these people have hosted SNL

Johnny Depp

Will Smith

Dustin Hoffman

Al Pacino

Benicio Del Toro

This isn't a trivia question or anything, I just want to know if any of these fellows have hosted in the past.

Yeah, you know that all of them could, talent-wise. I definitely could see Hoffman eventually doing it now. I mean, DeNiro's done it twice. Pacino, probably not. Depp and Del Toro, it doesn't seem like their type of thing, especially since it's not really hip right now. Smith, if the show ever hits big again, and with it's up and down cycle, it should, I can see him hosting it.

I'm shocked that Will Smith has never hosted. Not just because he's always in the type of movies that people get booked on SNL for, but because he'd probably be great in that environment, and could probably get a host/music spot like I think J-Lo and maybe one or two other people have recently.

Pacino and Depp, doesn't surprise me at all, that's not either of their style, and they don't really do roles where hosting a comedy show would be appropriate. Don't get me wrong, I think both guys are HILARIOUS and would be great doing sketch comedy, but their humour is more tongue in cheek and a product of their acting ability than intentional work for laughs. Like DeNiro, he never would have hosted until he realized that he had a goldmine once "stereotypical DeNiro character" became a running joke and started taking comedy roles based on that. Pacino could do the same thing, but he probably takes himself too seriously to go down that road, and Depp hasn't reached that point yet.

Benicio would be great, I'm kind of surprised he hasn't done it yet. Ditto with Hoffman.

Will Smith would be a fun show since he would have a ton of energy, and I think he'd be the kind of guy that'd be willing to do anything.

With Johnny Depp, I think you'd get some weird off-beat stuff, which is cool.

Pacino seems like the kind of guy who would be very protective and veto a lot of skits that he didn't agree with.

Hoffman and Del Toro would both be fine shows, I'm sure.