TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MideonMark

What is your predicted GAB card?

Guest MideonMark

1. World Title: JBL vs. Batista ©-pretty obvious this match will be happening. I see Batista winning leading to him facing Eddy at Summerslam.

2. Muhammad Hassan vs. The Undertaker-I really hope Undertaker doesn't go over here so I'm thinking Orton interferes again costing Taker the match leading to Orton vs. Taker at Summerslam.

3. Christian vs. Booker T-I didn't like the 129 matches they had in 2003 but it gives them something to do. Christian wins.

4. US Title: Chris Benoit vs. Orlando Jordan ©-I'd like them to bring some credibilty to the US Title by putting it on Chris Benoit finally ending Jordans 17 year title reign and leading to Benoit feuding with JBL over the belt for next few months.

5. Tag Titles: Heidenreich/William Regal vs. MNM ©-Obviously they're building towards Heidenreich finding a friend and pretty much everyone thought it was going to be Eugene, but I can see it probably being Regal even though I'd rather Regal got a singles push as a heel. MNM win and retains the belts for a minimum of 12 months.

6. Cruiserweight Title: Juventud vs. Paul London ©-Juventud wins.

7. Street Fight: Rey Mysterio vs. Eddy Guerrero-Probably the best feud of the year ends with Eddy finally beating Rey.

Call me crazy but I'd like Doug Basham to get a push and a US title reign. He just quit the cabinet and now Danny's gone, it'd make sense. Just gotta find a way to make the crowd care. I don't know what Benoit would do though.

1. World Title: JBL vs. Batista ©-pretty obvious this match will be happening. I see Batista winning leading to him facing Eddy at Summerslam.

2. Muhammad Hassan vs. The Undertaker-I really hope Undertaker doesn't go over here so I'm thinking Orton interferes again costing Taker the match leading to Orton vs. Taker at Summerslam.

3. Christian vs. Booker T-I didn't like the 129 matches they had in 2003 but it gives them something to do. Christian wins.

4. US Title: Chris Benoit vs. Orlando Jordan ©-I'd like them to bring some credibilty to the US Title by putting it on Chris Benoit finally ending Jordans 17 year title reign and leading to Benoit feuding with JBL over the belt for next few months.

5. Tag Titles: Heidenreich/William Regal vs. MNM ©-Obviously they're building towards Heidenreich finding a friend and pretty much everyone thought it was going to be Eugene, but I can see it probably being Regal even though I'd rather Regal got a singles push as a heel. MNM win and retains the belts for a minimum of 12 months.

6. Cruiserweight Title: Juventud vs. Paul London ©-Juventud wins.

7. Street Fight: Rey Mysterio vs. Eddy Guerrero-Probably the best feud of the year ends with Eddy finally beating Rey.

I agree with everything, except I would switch Chris Benoit and Booker T. Booker needs some credibility after the Angle/Sharmell stuff, and Benoit shouldn't have a midcard title leading into a feud with JBL, as that would somewhat cheapen a feud between two main-event-level players. There's no room for Christian in the ME, so jobbing him to Benoit doesn't hurt. Give him a feud with Rey for Summer Slam.

In my EWR game I have Doug Basham facing Orlando Jordan and Mexicools & Eddie vs. Rey & Benoit & Akio & London.

Also, everyone seems to have forgotten that William Regal turned Heel in a really dumb way on RAW like a week before the ECW PPV so he could be with the anti-ECW crew

They should go with:

Batista/JBL

Eddie/Rey

Taker/Hassan

Benoit/Regal

Book/Christian

OJ/Doug

London and two guys/Mexicools

MNM/Haas and Holly

That's what I would like, and it's pretty realistic, I guess. The actual card will have Heidenreich challenge MNM with a "friend", but Haas and Holly would be better.

Actually Booker has quite a bit of credibility at the moment. Hell, he beat Angle pretty much every time (one on one) and basically ran him off the show. It was Angle who came out of that feud looking horrible.

I pretty much agree with the other matches however. It'd be great for Eddie to finally get the win over Rey, then move on to Batista. Can't think of much else for him to do at that point. The bizarre aspect of the whole Eddie/Rey feud is this: They have built it up to where the big payoff is the heel FINALLY beating the face after having insane trouble with him. What the hell?

That's cool. It's better than what they usually do. There's soooo much they can do with Eddie/Rey. They should have went with Eddie and Chavo vs. London and Rey at GAB, and had Chavo pin Rey or Eddie pin London. That way, Eddie goes over, but he STILL can't beat Rey.

Actually Booker has quite a bit of credibility at the moment.  Hell, he beat Angle pretty much every time (one on one) and basically ran him off the show.  It was Angle who came out of that feud looking horrible.

Oh, no doubt Angle came out looking a lot worse, but with a feud like that, there aren't any real winners. Booker's wins are overshadowed by the ridiculous-ness of the feud.

Besides, having Booker wrestle (and worse, job to) Christian would be a huge waste of his overness. Christian isn't going anywhere, but Booker has the potential to good U.S. champion. He's over enough to defend it on SD instead of Velocity and has some name value. Just no 6-month best of 5 series, please.

And on the Eddie/Rey feud, it absolutely must end at TGAB. It's already starting to go downhill with this whole "beg me not to tell the truth" thing with Dominic. Just let Eddie win, and send each guy in their separate ways.

Guest *KNK*

I just think they are going to extend the Eddy/Rey program all the way to Summerslam.

However my card is basically the same as the first post although I'd put Crazy against London with Juvy heeling it up in the corner.

Guest Tjhe CyNick

I have the exact same card as the MideonMark, except I thought they might do a Cage Match with Eddie and Rey. That way Eddie could get a win by escaping the cage, and continue the story that Eddie cant beat (re pin/submit) Rey. They do a final match at Summerslam; some kind of No DQ--Mexican Death Match with Hair vs Mask.

I'd do Benoit-OJ just so they can get the US title to JBL through Benoit at Summerslam. JBL needs a belt!!

Call me crazy but I'd like Doug Basham to get a push and a US title reign. He just quit the cabinet and now Danny's gone, it'd make sense. Just gotta find a way to make the crowd care. I don't know what Benoit would do though.

Theres the backdrop for it, Doug calling OJ out, so that means it will completely go over 'creatives' heads.

I agree with everything, except I would switch Chris Benoit and Booker T. Booker needs some credibility after the Angle/Sharmell stuff, and Benoit shouldn't have a midcard title leading into a feud with JBL, as that would somewhat cheapen a feud between two main-event-level players. There's no room for Christian in the ME, so jobbing him to Benoit doesn't hurt. Give him a feud with Rey for Summer Slam.

I agree regarding Booker and Benoit. It would be nice to see Benoit-Christain. Give who a feud with Rey though? :S

That's cool. It's better than what they usually do. There's soooo much they can do with Eddie/Rey. They should have went with Eddie and Chavo vs. London and Rey at GAB, and had Chavo pin Rey or Eddie pin London. That way, Eddie goes over, but he STILL can't beat Rey.

I have like 101 ideas for the way they could book Eddie-Rey to drag it out. And I have voiced that often here. But that aint a bad idea either, before you start introduing the Mexicools, Akio and Kidman. Btw, Chavos on RAW though :(

Actually Booker has quite a bit of credibility at the moment.  Hell, he beat Angle pretty much every time (one on one) and basically ran him off the show.  It was Angle who came out of that feud looking horrible.

Booker has the potential to good U.S. champion. He's over enough to defend it on SD instead of Velocity and has some name value. Just no 6-month best of 5 series, please.

And on the Eddie/Rey feud, it absolutely must end at TGAB. It's already starting to go downhill with this whole "beg me not to tell the truth" thing with Dominic. Just let Eddie win, and send each guy in their separate ways.

Like he was the last time you mean? ^o)

Im enjoying Eddie-Rey till last week. Now its starting to feel like when HHH starting saying I know the truth, I know what your afraid of.

Both points show how 'creative' prefers to recycle pure crap.

I have the exact same card as the MideonMark, except I thought they might do a Cage Match with Eddie and Rey.  That way Eddie could get a win by escaping the cage, and continue the story that Eddie cant beat (re pin/submit) Rey.  They do a final match at Summerslam; some kind of No DQ--Mexican Death Match with Hair vs Mask. 

I'd do Benoit-OJ just so they can get the US title to JBL through Benoit at Summerslam.  JBL needs a belt!!

Again, Cage match is good too. Havent they done Hair vs Mask already? Eddie doesnt have much Hair to lose anyways.

JBL needs the WHC and not the US title. But aint a bad idea. What would Book and the Capt do though? There was the seeds of something in d 6 way. I still dont get why UT went beserk though. :S

They need a face to transition the US title to Hassan. Doug please!

1 problem, Doug is currently a heel. Unless they let him cut a promo against JBL, but I cant see that happening.

Hassan as US Champ would be very sarcastic IMHO.

Doug is a Tweener. He and Danny turned on JBL and OJ and the people cheered for them when they did. Only thing Doug needs to do is cut a promo on OJ and attack him and he's a Face.

Guest Ransome

Prediction: It'll suck.

Since the Batista/JBL is fairly well guaranteed to happen - Batista needs to win this one swiftly and easily. No need to stretch it out unnecessarily to Summerslam. Now that Batista's out of Triple H's shadow, we can hopefully see some decent feuds with Eddie, Benoit, and the Undertaker.

US Title: Chris Benoit vs. Orlando Jordan ©-I'd like them to bring some credibilty to the US Title by putting it on Chris Benoit finally ending Jordans 17 year title reign and leading to Benoit feuding with JBL over the belt for next few months.

My thoughts exactly. That'd totally elevate the US belt, and the show would certainly benefit from actually having talented performers feuding for it.

A perfect set up would be after beating Jordan for the US Title (their feud was already set up with Benoit's attack on him during the JBL/Taker match a few weeks ago), JBL gets offended because Benoit isn't actual from the US and shouldn't be US Champ.

The US Title has such little value that it would drag Benoit way down. Until they've built it up to mean something, and it means nothing right now, Benoit and others near the top should be kept away from it.

The US Title has such little value that it would drag Benoit way down. Until they've built it up to mean something, and it means nothing right now, Benoit and others near the top should be kept away from it.

My whole argument was that Benoit would elevate the title. The only reason the US Title is in bad shape is they put it on Orlando Jordan. Once its off of him, problem solved.

The only reason the US Title is in bad shape is they put it on Orlando Jordan. Once its off of him, problem solved.

Putting a belt that means nothing on someone who is in or around the main event will do nothing but drag that guy down. Taking the belt off of Orlando won't suddenly make the US belt mean anything. It will still be the same US belt that means nothing, just around the waist of someone else.

My whole argument was that Benoit would elevate the title.

Again, it would just drag Benoit down. The US belt is so meaningless that anyone above midcard who touches it will get dragged down.

Putting any belt on the right guy can do wonders for its credibility.

Remember RVD and the Hardcore title?

Benoit isn't a main-eventer any more. With the exceptions of Carlito and Jordan, the US Title has been consistently held by upper-midcarders since it was resurrected. Cena, Booker, Big Show, Eddie...these are the people who've held the belt most of the time since it came back.

I'd argue that both Orton and Benjamin's lengthy IC runs help that title regain quite a bit of its prestige.

RVD elevated the Hardcore belt so high the Undertaker decided he wanted to hold it.

Benoit isn't a main-eventer any more.  With the exceptions of Carlito and Jordan, the US Title has been consistently held by upper-midcarders since it was resurrected.  Cena, Booker, Big Show, Eddie...these are the people who've held the belt most of the time since it came back.

Except when a belt has so little meaning that by proxy anyone associated with it is seen as meaningless. The US belt has zero value and merit, so why should anyone go after it, especially someone who was just in a SD main event meant to determine the new SD Champion?

The Hardcore belt had some cult value to it. The US Title has no value to it.

Benoit isn't a main-eventer any more.

He is still in that upper tier, and as such, should not be anywhere near a belt that has zero value.

With the exceptions of Carlito and Jordan, the US Title has been consistently held by upper-midcarders since it was resurrected.  Cena, Booker, Big Show, Eddie...these are the people who've held the belt most of the time since it came back.

Back then, though, the belt had some value. Not much, but some. Now, it has zero value. It's on a guy that nobody gives a damn about because they've been given no reason to give a damn about him, or the belt.

Guest *KNK*
When was the last time anyone "elevated" a title?

Samoa Joe with the ROH World Title and currently the ROH Pure Championship?

RVD with the ECW TV Title?

Back then, though, the belt had some value. Not much, but some. Now, it has zero value. It's on a guy that nobody gives a damn about because they've been given no reason to give a damn about him, or the belt.

I still think some of the belt's value would come back just by getting it off of him and onto someone talented. Whether Benoit is the one to do it or not, the belt SHOULD BE elevated.

Benjamin and Orton did dick for the IC title. I'd like to see you (RJ) argue that. Holding the title for a long time without having any memorable feuds or anyone _wanting_ it, doesn't do anything for the title - it is just a placeholder for the wrestler.

Benjamin and Orton did dick for the IC title.  I'd like to see you (RJ) argue that.  Holding the title for a long time without having any memorable feuds or anyone _wanting_ it, doesn't do anything for the title - it is just a placeholder for the wrestler.

Holding a title for a long time makes it seem like a big deal (or, at least like it SHOULD BE a big deal) when it finally changes hands. It actually bothered me when Benjamin lost the belt after such a lengthy reign.

Orton had quite a memorable feud with Foley, although I'll admit the IC belt didn't play that big of a part in it.

Everyone's completely ignoring my RVD/Hardcore Title example.

Guest *KNK*
Benjamin and Orton did dick for the IC title.  I'd like to see you (RJ) argue that.  Holding the title for a long time without having any memorable feuds or anyone _wanting_ it, doesn't do anything for the title - it is just a placeholder for the wrestler.

Holding a title for a long time makes it seem like a big deal (or, at least like it SHOULD BE a big deal) when it finally changes hands. It actually bothered me when Benjamin lost the belt after such a lengthy reign.

Orton had quite a memorable feud with Foley, although I'll admit the IC belt didn't play that big of a part in it.

RVD didn't elevate a damn thing. RVD himself was over, not the title. The title was a prop he carried to the ring with and justified his "style".

Shelton's reign didn't do shit for the "prestige" of the title or bring his value up in any means.

Holding a title for a long time makes it seem like a big deal (or, at least like it SHOULD BE a big deal) when it finally changes hands.

That is the theory, yes. It doesn't always work out that way, and so is by no means a sure thing.

Almost nothing Orton did involved the IC belt. He had no big feuds or programs over it. Both of his PPV title defences were one-month deals, and were pretty much ignored once the match in question was done with, so that didn't do a thing for the belt.

Yes, a wrestler getting a belt can elevate the belt in question, but comparing the Hardcore belt then, when it had merit and meaning, to the US Title now, which has neither, was not the best way to go.