TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ragingfear79

Smackdown VS Raw 2006

Just played a cage match for the first time. Big improvement.

For those who care, you can put your CAW through season mode. You give him a choice of voices to use. Unfortunately, the one I chose makes him sound a tad camp.

EDIT: It also seems there are no subtitles for season mode, which sucks for those of us who like to listen to music while playing.

You listen to music while playing? The game has his own music, then you have the cool entrance themes, the announcers talking and the promos. I don't see a reason to listen to my own music. Oh well, everybody does things there own way.

Decent music > Game music + announcers.

I can't stand just listening to music and doing nothing else, so I normally do it while playing games. By the same token, just listening to the same few songs and repeated phrases annoy the hell out of me. I couldn't imagine putting up with that for dozens of hours of gameplay.

For what it's worth, ladder matches seem much worse this time around.

Although two ladders at least gives some more scope for cool spots. For some reason I don't think you can push over ladders while the other person is on them this year, and the AI is pretty crap.

After the above casket match, literally seconds before I saw about Eddie, the post-match angle was Undertaker chokeslamming Eddie. That is fucked up.

RIP Eddie.

Guest Tuxedo Mask

I was planning on using Masters first but it is definitley Eddie for me now. This was not how I wanted to start my day.

I feel for you Americans cause you just woke up and you have a whole day in front of ya feeling sad about this. Here in Holland it's 8:14 PM and I wanna go to bed and not think about it but at the same time I want to see what happens.

Guest clockworkraven
I feel for you Americans cause you just woke up and you have a whole day in front of ya feeling sad about this. Here in Holland it's 8:14 PM and I wanna go to bed and not think about it but at the same time I want to see what happens.

I wake up, it's 6.30 in the morning, and now my next 14+ hours are fucked.

Definitely Eddie in season. And screw Hassan as champ.

Does this game have enough replay value for me to want to buy it after it comes out in the US?

Titles not being defended in GM Mode really sucks if that's true.

The ladder match sounds like shit this year, and I'll probably end up losing most of them if I can't push the ladder down with the opponent on it anymore.

The Season mode is still linear and I can't play with certain wrestlers from what I've read. Bleh.

I may rent SVR 2006 if it isn't that great. The only problem is that the rental stores in my area are too slow to get in the latest games (from what I noticed last year, anyway) that I do end up buying them, only for them to collect dust within a few weeks if they don't hold my interest for too long.

Does this game have enough replay value for me to want to buy it after it comes out in the US?

Titles not being defended in GM Mode really sucks if that's true

It's not true, you can defend titles in GM Mode...what would be the point of that if you couldnt have title matches?

Ill use eddy too, btw which music is he using? the heelish lie cheat steal one? thankfully it still has the lowrider entrance.

wm 9 arena uses the wwe legend block logo instead of the old wwf block logo, lame since they can use it.

I didn't know you were an Aussie, clockworkraven. Same thing happend to me, waking up and seeing the headlines here on TSM.

While I've also seen magazines etc. that state SVR is out on Nov.25, all up to date sites, specifically the most reliable PAL site (PALGN), are stating that it *has* been delayed here.

...as has Sonic Rush for my DS. PAL users are like the lepers of the gaming world.

Guest GoJoe

Just a forewarning to people buying this game, there's a storyline involving Undertaker putting Eddie in the casket, with Tazz selling it as the death of Latino Heat. If you play through as Eddie, you won't get it but for the majority of SmackDown! superstars, you will.

Guest Real F'n Show

Wow, I feel bad for Yukes for not having the time to edit that out. They're gonna get major shit for that.

And yes, very eerie.

I doubt they'll get shit for it if it only happens under specific circumstances. Plus it has nothing to do with his real, and very unfortunate, death.

Guest clockworkraven

People shouldn't give them shit for that, really. The best they could do is a total recall, and editing that part of the season out and putting in another storyline.

Guest Robot Bastard
I doubt they'll get shit for it if it only happens under specific circumstances. Plus it has nothing to do with his real, and very unfortunate, death.

Oh, it happens in every SmackDown career.

CG why dont you just join Gamefly, I have been with them for over two years and never had a problem....

I'm gonna pass on buying this right up untill i play it first...

Just a forewarning to people buying this game, there's a storyline involving Undertaker putting Eddie in the casket, with Tazz selling it as the death of Latino Heat. If you play through as Eddie, you won't get it but for the majority of SmackDown! superstars, you will.

I did that part just before hearing about Eddies death.

Im not offended by that how could they have known? I mean WWE just did a on air storyline in which Randy Orton attempted to MURDER Undertaker by burning him alive, Yukes was trying to make the game realstic to the real WWE.

Actually its too bad there not more time, so they could have dedicated the game to Eddy, like Acclaim did for Owen in WWF Attitude.

This game is scary good and pretty overwhelming. Like, I have no idea how I'll find enough time to do it all.

I've only touched exhibition thus far. I had a pretty good, 7 minute Christian vs. Michaels match.

Glad to see 1 hour Iron Matches are in.

If anyone has any questions, let me know. Try and remind me about stuff that I was wondering myself.

Uh..

..If anyone wants to know what the Options screen looks like, I'm your guy.

I'll update with more info tomorrow as I progress. Going to get in some good GM mode time.