TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Team Angle Pusher

The Boogeyman

Guest Gary Busey

I would have laughed when I saw him come out as well. If Cornette thought this was a serious angle that would get over, it's long passed due for him to leave the business. This is right up there with early TNA gimmicks. Hell, they're stealing the horns from the early Tom Cruise flick Legend.

I would have laughed when I saw him come out as well. If Cornette thought this was a serious angle that would get over, it's long passed due for him to leave the business. This is right up there with early TNA gimmicks. Hell, they're stealing the horns from the early Tom Cruise flick Legend.

I think it was more Cornette being pissed that someone exposed the business than actually having faith in the gimmick. He probably knew this would be a tough-sell and having some punk kid kill the thing right out out of the gate probably didn't sit real well with his old school line of thinking.

I believe this is a WWE-created gimmick they're working on in OVW. Hassan and Daivari did something similar for a few weeks before getting called up (although they had to explain in OVW how Mark Magnus became Hassan).

Guest Gary Busey

cheech13, good point.

Fro, it seems like something Cornette would come up with, though. Batista played Leviathan and they had several other demonic characters in a stable I believe. You may be right, though, WWE isn't known for their wonderful ideas.

Leviathan: Conjured up by Synn from the depths of the Ohio River. A Demon who shall haunt and torment all in OVW. Pretty decent gimmick, in a cheese USWA sort of way.

The funny thing about this Cornette thing is that apparently word hasn't gotten out yet to everyone here in town. On the radio they had Jimmy Hart call in to 100.5 The Fox and he talked with Tony Vanetti (local DJ and occasional OVW heel) about what a good job Cornette was doing with OVW!

cheech13, good point.

Fro, it seems like something Cornette would come up with, though. Batista played Leviathan and they had several other demonic characters in a stable I believe. You may be right, though, WWE isn't known for their wonderful ideas.

It is a WWE creation. They wanted to give him a few weeks in OVW to work out the kinks before putting it on the main show.

cheech13, good point.

Yes, but they had good back stories.

Also, so some kid laughed at the Boogeyman in front of the crowd and Cornette bitch slapped him backstage then?