TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Team Angle Pusher

The Boogeyman

I'm hazy on that whole late era USWA, but I do remember the fake Razor showing up.  Whatever happened to that guy?

The USWA stuff I remember was more like the 1992-93 period, with the Moondogs wreaking havoc (manager Richard Williams blew a whistle in an annoying Alfonso precursor).  I also remember a guy called the Spellbinder, who had a cup of coffee in the WWF with a cheesy magic gimmick.  He was pretty good on USWA.

Yes, as PHANTASIO! with his finisher, the WEDGIE OF DOOM (HE did a "trick" where he magically removed his opponents underwear form under their tights, distracting him while he rolled him up for the pin)

I saw him on like one episode of wrestling challenge and never saw him again.

Does anyone else feel like they should be getting slapped by Cornette right now? Because I'm laughing my ass off right now, espically at the grab ass comment. No seriously through, I really wanna see this gimmick, I could use a great laugh every now and then.....we're still in the WWE right, I mean they're not secretly becoming WCW?

Could someone tell me when the promo aired during the show? I Tivo'd it and I fast forward thru commercials, so I missed it, either that or would someone upload it?

Thanks

Gabe

After Matt Hardy attacked Edge backstage, before Edge came out for the Edge/Kane match.

"I am the Boogeyman. Hhaha, and I'm going to GET ya'

I actually liked his voice.

Did they call him up because of the publicity related to Cornette's firing?  Obviously they're aware that JC getting fired is being talked about on the net ... what are the odds they're trying to capitalize on that by bringing this guy up now?

Well, he's in his 40s already and I get the impression he may have been trained in wrestling before TE 4.

In the 3-4 moves he did in OVW, he didn't look any worse than Nathan Jones, so they'll try him.

I'm just really glad this lame ass gimmick was WWE's idea and not Cornette's.

Wasnt he the guy who had to drop out 1st due to injury? :huh:

No. He was the one who got kicked off for lying, because WWE doesn't like people who lie.

So, whats he doing with a job now then? :huh:

I thought he was the guy I said cause of the Nathan Jones reference.

Who was the guy who laughed and got bitched slapped by Cornette then? :S

Oh I dunno who that guy was that Cornette smacked around. Just some OVW student who was paying his own way. The student cracked up laughing at the SCARY Boogeyman and Cornette smacked him around backstage for ruining the segment.

Oh I dunno who that guy was that Cornette smacked around.  Just some OVW student who was paying his own way.  The student cracked up laughing at the SCARY Boogeyman and Cornette smacked him around backstage for ruining the segment.

Wait a minute, didnt he bitch slap him on air?

martywright.jpg

It's a terrible thing when I can say that booking him as the second coming of Zeus would be a better gimmick idea.

Not sure what you mean by "Who saw him?" I mean this was widely reported on virtually every wrestling website, so the entire OVW roster must have seen it.

I think he'd make a better Papa Shango v2 than a Boogeyman.

He looks quite a bit like Papa Shango... he's got a necklace of some shells and a goofy staff alongside his inflatable devil horns.

Well, I would hope that the WWE staff will do a number on his ring attire so he doesn't look like a total moron.

I mean, right now he's got:

facepaint

an 80s fade haircut

big fake horns

a biker vest

a lei around his neck

and a cane made from a bull's penis (seriously, that's what I think it is)

He looks really fucked up, but not too scary. If you're going to do 'The Boogeyman,' he needs to have bat-wings or red eyeballs or some shit like that. Oh, and Gangrel fangs.

Of course, I'm sure WWE will set him up with some inventive entrance/lighting/music. I mean, The Undertaker would look like ass just standing there will all the lights on and no fog/music.

Not sure what you mean by "Who saw him?"  I mean this was widely reported on virtually every wrestling website, so the entire OVW roster must have seen it.

I meant who saw Cornette slapping whoever backstage. As in, with their own eyes maybe? :P

Ok now someones need to slap the hell out of Cornette for slapping that kid for laughing......wow, just wow. Thats going to end up on Raw or Smackdown?....wow.

This is what I'm saying...Cornette smacked this kid around and cost himself his job over...THE BOOGEYMAN????? Even if the kid laughed at it, shouldn't this be more of a sign to Cornette that maybe this Boogeyman guy kinda, you know, sucks?

But hey what the hell, bring him up. If WWE is going to suck they might as well have some truly shitty gimmicks that people can have some fun laughing at.

Guest Deadbolt

Hopefully the gimmick will be retooled a bit before going on TV... those silly (and malfunctioning) costume bits won't work on the big shows. Can you even imagine somebody like this getting in the ring with someone like JBL or Triple H? He'd get laughed out of the arena. I'm all for a bit of over-the-top, but WWE really needs to start putting a bit more thought in to their gimmicks.