TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
iggymcfly

Smackdown plans for Summerslam

Furthermore, he may not get as much heat as JBL on the mic, but he has a better character, and his promos operate on a higher level than JBL's do.

I can't do it. The joke is just too damn obvious.

JBL is knocking it out of the park regularly with his promos. He's not just using cheap heat (though in the promo this past week had a few moments where he seemed to reach for it), the fans hate the character because he's completely full of himself. The whole "Wrestling GOD!" thing works because JBL thinks he's hot shit in the ring but the fans know that he's retained his title by the skin of his teeth almost every time.

JBL sure knocks them out with his promos, if you hear "wrestling God" one more time you'll be knocked out too out of boredom. The guy is barely midcard material and WWE knows it, that's why every p.p.v. match JBL is on is either a streetfight or a gimmick match. The sad thing is that he is not even good at that either, but I'm glad that 5% of the wrestling fanbase are enjoying JBL's brand of "entertainment".

This would be my assumption/suggestions for SummerSlam card..

RAW SIDE

Hogan-Michaels

Cena-Jericho

Hardy/Edge - Non sanctioned "lights out" match with no rules

Eugene/Angle - submission match or else normal match

Possibly another Carlito/Benjamin match - no DQ and no CO

SMACKDOWN SIDE

Batista v. JBL v. Taker v. Orton - fatal 4 way- I can't see them going with JBL/Batista as a single match when the GAB match sucked so badly.

Rey v. Eddy - latino street fight or something, blowoff match to feud. Perhaps added stips.

Juvi v. London

Gauntlet turmoil match for US title - Benoit v. Regal v. Christian v. Booker T v. Jordan

MNM v. Crazy/Psicosis?

----I'm sure alot of those wont happen but oh well.....

I'm pretty sure the Smackdown main event for Summerslam will be a triple threat match with Batista/JBL/Taker and the finish will be Batista pinning JBL and have them play up that Taker was never pinned and have them lead to a singles match between him and 'Tist at No Mercy with Orton costing Taker the match leading to Taker/Orton at Survivor Series.

How can anyone say the Rey feud is "killing Eddie's career" with a straight face? Because he's losing matches? A good feud isn't about winning and losing matches, and this is the best feud WWE has run in a LONG time. I know it's trendy for everyone to bitch about including Rey's kid in it, but pro-wrestling has been using angles like this for YEARS, and it's a joke to classify this one as wrestlecrap compared to even the recent classics like Angle lusting after Sharmell or the Kane/Lita saga. The family thing is totally something that would be done in Mexican wrestling, and it really hasn't been too over the top. The Rey/Eddie angle has worked, it's had believeable layers and dimensions, it's changed directions, and they're right on track to step it up a notch and finish it at SummerSlam where Eddie will go over, putting the final nail in his coffin I suppose.... :rolleyes:

iggy, cabbage... you;re not going to convince Kahran and MikeSC about RVD, just like they aren;t going to convince you about JBL. Both sides make good enough points to support your arguments, but you're basically trying to beat each other over the head with them. No one's mind is going to be changed here.

Guest Ransome
How can anyone say the Rey feud is "killing Eddie's career" with a straight face?  Because he's losing matches?  A good feud isn't about winning and losing matches, and this is the best feud WWE has run in a LONG time.  I know it's trendy for everyone to bitch about including Rey's kid in it, but pro-wrestling has been using angles like this for YEARS, and it's a joke to classify this one as wrestlecrap compared to even the recent classics like Angle lusting after Sharmell or the Kane/Lita saga.  The family thing is totally something that would be done in Mexican wrestling, and it really hasn't been too over the top.  The Rey/Eddie angle has worked, it's had believeable layers and dimensions, it's changed directions, and they're right on track to step it up a notch and finish it at SummerSlam where Eddie will go over, putting the final nail in his coffin I suppose....  :rolleyes:

Personally, I agree. I'm glad we've gotten a 6-month feud without resorting to the standard "I want your title" defence, and instead just putting the pride of two men on the line. I can understand why people would be scared away from the storyline, particularly after it seemed within the realm of possibility to either reveal that Eddie screwed Rey's wife or that Eddie's a pedophile, but I still feel this is the best feud of the year. I really think only Eddie could pull it off, check out the SD promo again where he rubs the candy in Rey's face; here we have Eddie, who otherwise cannot defeat Rey, getting that momentary satisfaction of a victory over his friend, Eddie's facial expressions really put over the story. If Eddie/Rey can put on a MOTYC candidate at SS to cap off this feud, I'm sure more people will look more favourably upon the feud in hindsight.

Guest MikeSC
JBL sure knocks them out with his promos, if you hear "wrestling God" one more time you'll be knocked out too out of boredom. The guy is barely midcard material and WWE knows it, that's why every p.p.v. match JBL is on is either a streetfight or a gimmick match. The sad thing is that he is not even good at that either, but I'm glad that 5% of the wrestling fanbase are enjoying JBL's brand of "entertainment".

Man, sounds like you're describing RVD there.

The thing about Eddie/Rey is that its backwards, since Rey hasn't beaten Eddie so many times...where do they go from here? Eddie HAS to win some matches before a blowoff that Rey should win...which means this could go on for a while longer.

My point is that Eddie is going nowhere fast courtesy of this feud. What is he going to do after it? What is Rey going to after it? It's easy enough for Rey to slip into the US division or the cruiser division again, but Eddie is going to come out of this having jobbed umpteen times and have zero momentum. I'm assuming Eddie will just win at SS and that'll be it, but where's Eddie go from there? Dick around with Benoit some more in meaningless (albeit good) matches? Job to Orlando Jordan?

I don't see why Rey would slip down to the US or Cruiser division, especially with the way this feud's going. With the credibility he's gained, he should probably be feuding with someone like JBL after Summerslam. The egotistical "wrestling god" vs. the 5'6" guy that can kick his ass would actually be kind of entertaining. (In the same way that seeing Hogan tap out to the ankle lock is entertaining, but still.)

And Eddie, for all his troubles is still the #3 heel on Smackdown. Feuds with Benoit, Undertaker, or Booker T would still be just fine for his character at this point.