TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

She wasn't exactly playing possum with Couric and Gibson, but probably not wanting to give direct answers to the questions she actually did know the answers to because being specific just opens you up to direct attacks later on.

She doesn't give direct answers, because as we have just discussed, that is not her answering style. It wasn't a ploy in the interviews, it was a representation of herself. She can't answer those questions directly because she doesn't have direct answers. You're saying that she wouldn't answer the questions directly because it would open you up to rebuttals on your specifics, but a) she doesn't have those answers, and b) she's received MUCH more criticism for being vague and skipping around the question way more than she would've been criticized had she just answered the questions.

She wasn't exactly playing possum with Couric and Gibson, but probably not wanting to give direct answers to the questions she actually did know the answers to because being specific just opens you up to direct attacks later on.

She doesn't give direct answers, because as we have just discussed, that is not her answering style. It wasn't a ploy in the interviews, it was a representation of herself. She can't answer those questions directly because she doesn't have direct answers. You're saying that she wouldn't answer the questions directly because it would open you up to rebuttals on your specifics, but a) she doesn't have those answers, and b) she's received MUCH more criticism for being vague and skipping around the question way more than she would've been criticized had she just answered the questions.

You could be right, but how else do you explain someone not being able to name what magazines and newspapers they read except as part as some massively backfiring campaign tactic? I'm at a loss to come up with any other rational explanation (except perhaps she doesn't read ANYTHING and didn't want to admit it and look completely retarded).

I pretty much guarantee (no matter how awful she does) that you'll see the headline "Sarah wows 'em!" on some news outlet tomorrow.

Expectations are so low for her it's impossible for her not to exceed them. She'll do good on the attack. Palin has shown she can cast anything in a negative light with the whole community activist line at the Convention. Biden has decades of votes and quotes for the McCain team to mine through. Debates are a good place for one-liners, any drawn out answer makes it seem like the candidate is avoiding the question.

I don't get why the media is parroting the line that Biden needs tread a fine line and not seem like he's picking on the woman. No American wants someone who can't stand up for herself a "72 year old heart beat from the Presidency." The average person is going to ask if she can’t stand up to Joe Biden, how is she going to stand up to guys like Putin or Ahmadinejad.

Guest Vitamin X
I'd like to watch this debate, but I'm not going to. I've got better things to do.

VERY sadly... I do not.

Heh.

It's not going to be how either candidate performs, it's how much BS the moderator puts up with. I hope for very direct questions tonight of both. It won't be beating up on the little girl (fucked up line of thought, that), it'll be Biden who's forced to answer to things as well. Tell me about coal, Joe Biden.

I'd like to watch this debate, but I'm not going to. I've got better things to do.

VERY sadly... I do not.

Heh.

I already told you to shut up. And don't delete my posts, you dumbass motherfucker.

<pre-emptive, automatic> Do shut your damn mouth, VX.

Guest Vitamin X

VERY sadly... I do not.

Heh.

I already told you to shut up. And don't delete my posts, you dumbass motherfucker.

<pre-emptive, automatic> Do shut your damn mouth, VX.

Thank you kindly, but I'm not going to oblige you with that sort of attitude, you stupid, recalcitrant cunt. How do you keep defying your inevitable death, anyways?

Thank you kindly, but I'm not going to oblige you with that sort of attitude, you stupid, recalcitrant cunt. How do you keep defying your inevitable death, anyways?

I've been just that good for a while. <smiles> But you'll get your wish within the next 4 months.

Thank you for ceasing to delete my posts.

Guest Vitamin X

I've been just that good for a while. <smiles> But you'll get your wish within the next 4 months.

Thank you for ceasing to delete my posts.

No problem, I knew you would just repost that anyways.

I love you more than you think, Marney, despite my facade.

Guest Vitamin X

<interested> Really?

It's true.

Anyways, I'll let the thread be during the debate, which if it goes anything like the Couric interviews, should be a blast to watch. I have a bad feeling Biden will come out looking like the bad guy picking on Palin. Should be interesting to see what we hear from Biden, though, since he's been fairly forgotten about in this race by the media.

Well, shit. This totally rains on my "Marney / Giuliani 2012" fanfiction.

Though it does kind of excuse your general dislike for things.

<smiles> I've always loved you, JotW. You're a sweetheart.

<interested> Really?

It's true.

Anyways, I'll let the thread be during the debate, which if it goes anything like the Couric interviews, should be a blast to watch. I have a bad feeling Biden will come out looking like the bad guy picking on Palin. Should be interesting to see what we hear from Biden, though, since he's been fairly forgotten about in this race by the media.

agreed.

Biden's an ass, but he does have brains. He can surprise you once in a while. And this is the first time Palin will be let go... I'm looking forward to seeing how she does.

I'm looking forward to the debate strictly because of Biden. I think he and I would be friends.

Biden's an ass, but he does have brains. He can surprise you once in a while. And this is the first time Palin will be let go... I'm looking forward to seeing how she does.

VP Debate '08: Ass vs. Hot Piece of Ass

Sign in to follow this