TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Gary Floyd

Campaign 2008

It quite literally assumes that the "conservative base" is galvanized against Obama for fear that he is a Muslim extremists. These people aren't stupid;

I think you might be underestimating the "conservative base." But whatever, the bigger point the post was trying to make is that trying to win this election by shoring up the base is really not the best idea. Which is, I think, a fairly accurate assessment. I could be wrong, though.

(OT)

RonL21, what's going in your signature? It appears that Jonathon Coachman has been doomed to an eternal loop of buzzkill.

(T)

With these articles falling over themselves to say they like Sarah Palin personally but hate her positions, I wonder if any of them are salvaged drafts written for Huckabee's VP nomination.

HillaryIs44.com brings you "Issue By Issue Reasons To Oppose Barack Obama"!

I might have to set that as my home page.

SuperJerk's stupid white noise.

Do you have a problem with my idea, or are you just coming after me because all the cool kids are doing it?

Chelsea Clinton was the BUTT of Republican jokes for years. I think the American people need to be reminded of that.

Hillary Clinton can credibly refute Palin's complaining about sexism, Chelsea Clinton can refute Republican whining about coming after daughters. Am I wrong?

Refute? Clint-dawg can REFUTE so-called media sexism, as the woman who single-handedly made almost every talking head put their tail between their legs and apologize for attacking her in virtually any way?

She can do it by bringing up Palin's criticism of her during the primaries, coupled with a "Republican policies are bad for working families" argument.

Really, anyone can do it, it'll just sound better coming from Hillary.

These people aren't stupid; it's trying to disbar any legitimate political disagreements with Obama.

You should pay a visit to conservative Indiana some time. A lot of these people are that stupid. I reckon it's just worst if you drive south of here.

SuperJerk's stupid white noise.

Do you have a problem with my idea, or are you just coming after me because all the cool kids are doing it?

Chelsea Clinton was the BUTT of Republican jokes for years. I think the American people need to be reminded of that.

Hillary Clinton can credibly refute Palin's complaining about sexism, Chelsea Clinton can refute Republican whining about coming after daughters. Am I wrong?

Refute? Clint-dawg can REFUTE so-called media sexism, as the woman who single-handedly made almost every talking head put their tail between their legs and apologize for attacking her in virtually any way?

She can do it by bringing up Palin's criticism of her during the primaries, coupled with a "Republican policies are bad for working families" argument.

Really, anyone can do it, it'll just sound better coming from Hillary.

I disagree, it would sound worse coming from Clint-dog. "You don't know media sexism until you've walked a mile in my shoes."

Jerk bitching about Hillary last week and Palin this week makes me think he has some issues with women-and I don't even like those two.

These people aren't stupid; it's trying to disbar any legitimate political disagreements with Obama.

You should pay a visit to conservative Indiana some time. A lot of these people are that stupid. I reckon it's just worst if you drive south of here.

Look, for every blindly accepting conservative voting for Huckabee because he plays bass, I'll give you a paranoid liberal voting for Obama because he's black. All I'm saying is that it's rather tactless to paint the opposing party like that.

Jerk bitching about Hillary last week and Palin this week makes me think he has some issues with women-and I don't even like those two.

Lest you forget that thread in which he talked about the urges he had to cheat on his wife and nearly getting fired from his job because of it, then yes, I'm sure he does!

I was also complaining about Karl Rove last week and Rudy Guiliani this week. Does that mean I also have a problem with men?

Jesus christ, "media sexism" won't work because the media isn't sexist by and large. If it is, it isn't sexist AGAINST women.

They can do like Dick Cheney and say they won't talk to "unfriendly" papers, but they aren't going to hole her up and say "nuh-uh! None of you get to talk to her 'cuz yer ALL sexist!"

Lest you forget that thread in which he talked about the urges he had to cheat on his wife and nearly getting fired from his job because of it, then yes, I'm sure he does!

I assume healthy marriages are something you're an expert on?

This really isn't a place you want to go. Stick to talking about politics, please.

One thing I'm glad Obama has done is completely ignore Sarah Palin. Elections are won and lost based on the top of the ticket.

Not entirely. But I think it's because he wanted to keep some glimmer of his clean campaign alive, and that, ultimately, most people will identify with Sarah Palin ON THE SURFACE

This really isn't a place you want to go. Stick to talking about politics, please.

I don't mind. If I were to post like you do (but from a right-wing perspective), I'd get laughed off this site, and rightfully so. You're a joke. Don't tell me what I want or want not to do.

You can have the last word if you want it.

This is what Palin and Giuliani were mocking. They were making fun of a young man's decision "to serve a cause greater than himself," in the words of John McCain. They were, therefore, mocking one of their candidate's favorite messages. (...) Perhaps La Pasionaria of the Northern Slope didn't know this when she read the words they gave her. But Giuliani--a profoundly lapsed Catholic, who must have met more than a few religious folk toiling in the inner cities--should have known. ("I don't even know what that is," he sneered.") What a shameful performance.

What a Community Organizer Does

Reccomended read.

I don't mind. If I were to post like you do (but from a right-wing perspective), I'd get laughed off this site, and rightfully so. You're a joke. Don't tell me what I want or want not to do.

You may not like my unflinching support for Barack Obama, but I'm free to be as right or wrong as anyone else here. My opinions have nothing to do with my personality, personal relationships, or anything else people feel like it is okay to attack me for.

And as a moderator (probably the only responsibility you've ever had in your entire life) I'd expect you to try and keep the discussion on topic, instead of joining in and encouraging irrelevant ad hominems.

And as a moderator (probably the only responsibility you've ever had in your entire life) I'd expect you to try and keep the discussion on topic, instead of joining in and encouraging irrelevant ad hominems.

Nice high ground there. Says a lot more about you than it does about me.

Anyone who talks to me on a regular basis knows what I do for a living. I'm not going to share it, but if they want to tell you, they will.

Nice high ground there. Says a lot more about you than it does about me.

And none of this has anything to do with my marriage. Or the election.

See my point yet?

Anyone who talks to me on a regular basis knows what I do for a living. I'm not going to share it, but if they want to tell you, they will.

But I can guarantee you're not a marriage counselor.

Jerk bitching about Hillary last week and Palin this week makes me think he has some issues with women-

I shared my opinion based on things you have said. And I will continue to if I feel like it.

Jerk bitching about Hillary last week and Palin this week makes me think he has some issues with women-

I shared my opinion based on things you have said. And I will continue to if I feel like it.

Ahem.

I was also complaining about Karl Rove last week and Rudy Guiliani this week. Does that mean I also have a problem with men?

I'm not going to be like MikeSC and go around in circles with you. I said what I said, and that was posted prior to the quote from Jobber you just referenced. You can go around in circles with yourself if you feel like it!

I'm not going to be like MikeSC and go around in circles with you. I said what I said, and that was posted prior to the quote from Jobber you just referenced. You can go around in circles with yourself if you feel like it!

Does that mean you're finally going to stick to on topic discussion instead of attacking me personally, Mr. Moderator?

All I'm asking you to do is follow the rules of the board you're supposed to be enforcing on the rest of us.

Sign in to follow this