Lil' Bitch

Hulk Hogan or Shawn Michaels?

Legend Vs. Icon  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Legend Vs. Icon

• Hulk Hogan
    • Shawn Michaels

Guest *KNK*
What wrestler has ever gone out on top of his game?  I can only think of Brock Lesnar, and he's bound to come back sooner or later.

In theory, Shawn and Foley did...(I assume you meant, in the main event and at the top still putting on great performences)

until they got the itch again.

You might have to really dig deep into the old days for any wrestler leaving on the top of his game.

While both men have their limitations, and the execution of the match wouldn't be pretty, lets not forget that both Austin and Hogan are two of the best in-ring storytellers in wrestling EVER. I honestly think that if the crowd was right and the match was booked properly, many people would be surprised of how decent of a match it would be.

Guest *KNK*
Didn't the Rock pretty much end his full-time career with the Hogan/Rock, Austin/Rock and Goldberg/Rock? That's 3 incredibly high-caliber matches in a row to send him off.

The whole Eugene/Le Resistance/Coach stuff really didnt end his "career" on a high note.

Besides, Rock is coming back.

Guest *KNK*
Hurricane/Rock if that counts at all.

That was before all the Eugene/Coach/Le Resistance stuff.

The Hurricane period only cements Rock's greatness.

Precisely.

WWE can't offer any more dream matches bigger then Hogan/Austin.

That's exactly right.

The sad thing, is that they aren't creating any new stars so that in ten years from now, we'll have any other "dream matches".

Something like HBK/Eddie is not a dream match to me really. It's just a really cool match I'd like to see.

HBK/Rock on the other hand...

Guest *KNK*
That's why I said "FULL-TIME". By the time he was doing the La Rez shit he was only appearing sparsely.

He wasnt exactly "Full-Time" in 2003 either.

The question that was asked "Who LEFT on top". Rock hasnt left.

Yeah I know. He still has a chance to though ;)

Speaking of which, what match would be ideal for the Rock to officially leave on? I'd say Shelton where the torch is passed, but it would require a serious push for Shelton, which I don't see so whatever.

Guest *KNK*
Yeah I know. He still has a chance to though ;)

Speaking of which, what match would be ideal for the Rock to officially leave on? I'd say Shelton where the torch is passed, but it would require a serious push for Shelton, which I don't see so whatever.

HBK.

Beating the rock means nothing now since he has jobbed his ass out the last 4 years.

So the youngsters like Cena or Benjamin wouldn't benifit all that much.

HBK is the only "dream" match that they can secure within the company.

Well actually in my scenario what I would do is have Rock come back for two years or so, build his reputation as a guy who CAN win matches. Have him go over established names (read: guys that can afford to job like HBK or HHH) in that time. Concurrently, have Shelton run through the competition as well, not jobbing at all or very rarely. Then have Rock and Shelton collide where it's all about two athletes at the top of their game engaging in gamesmanship in the ring, throwing everything they have at each other, and having Shelton beat Rock finally and cleanly. That CAN elevate Shelton if done right.

Shawn has nothing to gain from winning, and would recover quickly from the loss. There's no sense in jobbing out Hulk, and just killing off whatever minor drawing power he has left. Plus, WWE knows that' there's money to be drawn doing Hogan vs Austin, so you might as well keep him strong.

Well actually in my scenario what I would do is have Rock come back for two years or so, build his reputation as a guy who CAN win matches. Have him go over established names (read: guys that can afford to job like HBK or HHH) in that time. Concurrently, have Shelton run through the competition as well, not jobbing at all or very rarely. Then have Rock and Shelton collide where it's all about two athletes at the top of their game engaging in gamesmanship in the ring, throwing everything they have at each other, and having Shelton beat Rock finally and cleanly. That CAN elevate Shelton if done right.

Rock is not coming back for any length of time. His full-time days are long over.

I enjoy the idea of a Rock/Benjy feud to but to even attempt to base it on athletics is a joke considering it's obvious (or at least should be) to even the markiest of marks that Benjamin would whoop Rocks ass.

'Sides, last time Rock tried to fuck around with somebody over athletics he managed to turn himself heel and lose the title.

It would be extremely amusing to see Shawn job to a legdrop after years and years of never losing. I can't see why Hogan would come back to put Michaels over, y'know. Of course, I dunno if they can afford to have a non-finish here.

The question that was asked "Who LEFT on top". Rock hasnt left.

Using that logic, Freddie Blassie never left because he appeared on Raw for various skits skits, including one days before passing away.

"You and the WWF have something in common, you're both about to DIE!"

That was sure a tasteful promo in hindsight.

If Bret's coming to WM 22, Shawn MUST stay heel.

And there's one of your many WM moments right there, Bret doing a Hogan (Mania 21) and coming to pound the shit out of Michaels to the biggest pop in many years.

Guest Ransome

HBK.

HBK is not only the more likable and identifiable character in this feud, but I'd argue that he needs the win more as well. People have argued that Hogan needs to look strong for a potential feud with Austin at WM, but I feel Hogan will retain his deeply ingrained invincible aura regardless of who he loses against. Besides, we're in 2005, and I simply don't want to see pay-per-views ending with Hogan's silly, outdated posedowns anymore (although I realise that theres a strong chance of that happening even if HBK wins).

Get a clue, and I'll be glad to stop talking to down to you. Anybody watching Austin v Hogan and wanting to see them beat the hell out of each other is either a moron or clueless.

I like the way that people here complain about content and squash divergent opinions. From now on, just complain about content not being the same as your own thoughts. Just because I dont think the same way you do, dont want to see the same things as you do or have different tastes, doesnt make me an idiot, moron, clueless or whatever you want to call me. If you cant take criticism or somebody disagreeing with you, you might as well as either leave the board, close it down or ban those who say things counter to what you say. I didnt say that they shouldnt do it, I said Im not interested in seeing it. I didnt say that Im the voice of the majority either.

Nice idea in theory, but in the real world, you don't always get to go out like that. You just have to 'settle' on making a ton of money and giving the people what they want.

Money isnt everything.

No offense zyn, but Hogan/Austin > Eddy/HBK in terms of drawing power. As much of a technical fan I am (and btw, Bret/Benoit has happened a few times already so if you want to see those matches, watch the Benoit DVD or Mayhem 1999), I can understand why they would want to go with Hogan/Austin. The WWE as they have shown many times in the past, isn't overly concerned with putting on good matches. What they are concerned with, and in this financial situation they are in currently, is to make as much money as possible. Sting/Rock, Sting/Taker,  and Austin/Goldberg fits in that category. But as HTQ said, the HOLY GRAIL is Hogan/Austin. This is probably their last chance of doing the match and I think they should capitalize. They will also put on some decent wrestling matches on the show to offset whatever discrepancies Hogan/Austin has.

None taken. Bret/Benoit was never done in the WWE though. I was just saying Id love to see them now but dont want to because it wouldnt be as good as they should.

What has got my back up is that we willll accept a below par match from Hogan/Austin but then critisise the rest of the roster for doing the same thing. That means at WM23 well get Rock/Sting, at WM28 well get Sting/UT if were really good sports entertainment fans, and possibly, 10 years down the line, if were lucky enough, well get Austin/Goldberg just to get those extra few WM buys

In theory, Shawn and Foley did...(I assume you meant, in the main event and at the top still putting on great performences)

until they got the itch again.

You might have to really dig deep into the old days for any wrestler leaving on the top of his game.

Shawn, Rock and Folely all did. Shame they came back though.

I honestly think that if the crowd was right and the match was booked properly, many people would be surprised of how decent of a match it would be.

It should be about the performers drawing the crowd in, and I dont dispute that these 2 can do that. But why should you have to rely on the crowd being right?

That's exactly right.

The sad thing, is that they aren't creating any new stars so that in ten years from now, we'll have any other "dream matches".

Something like HBK/Eddie is not a dream match to me really. It's just a really cool match I'd like to see.

HBK/Rock on the other hand...

Im getting sick and tired of the WWE having to bring back Hogan, Austin, Rock, Foley, etc... just to prop the WM card up, and then pisses over what its got in its hand throughtout the year. Bringing such name talent back is a poor way to hide your weakenesses. So, UT is all set to go to 30-0 in the WM streak then.

HBK.

HBK is not only the more likable and identifiable character in this feud, but I'd argue that he needs the win more as well. People have argued that Hogan needs to look strong for a potential feud with Austin at WM, but I feel Hogan will retain his deeply ingrained invincible aura regardless of who he loses against. Besides, we're in 2005, and I simply don't want to see pay-per-views ending with Hogan's silly, outdated posedowns anymore (although I realise that theres a strong chance of that happening even if HBK wins).

Hogan isnt working full-time. Im totally against bringing in talent for a few shot deals and putting them over your regular boys.

The part below is not aimed at you Ransome:

Didnt Brock squash Hogan before his last run in the WWE? Did that effect the way fans saw him? People werent saying Brock squashed Hogan when they were chanting One Last Match if I heard correctly.

Which match will you book last on the WM card?

Will you be impressed if you turn in the month after WMXXII and see the crap were getting now? Would you stick around?

I would like Shawn to cheat like hell to get the win, and then go on to face Cena, but if Shawn is being a whiny bitch and refusing to go full heel than fuck him. He has very little value as a face anymore, and is nowhere near as popular as Hogan even at his lowest point. If Shawn is going to end up face, then anything but Hogan winning clean will just piss off the fanbase. They will be annoyed anyways, but if Shawn goes heel it would be positive heat.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I imagine Michaels will still be wrestling 3 weeks from now, probably not for Hogan.

So logically, Hogan should lie down, it's best to go out on your back.

Having said that, Michaels can go fuck himself. Lie down for Hogan. I dislike both of them, but I truly hate Michaels.

In any event, I honestly havent beem this excited, save One Night Stand, for wrestling of any kind in probably 3 or 4 years.

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I imagine Michaels will still be wrestling 3 weeks from now, probably not for Hogan.

So logically, Hogan should lie down,  it's best to go out on your back.

Having said that, Michaels can go fuck himself. Lie down for Hogan. I dislike both of them, but I truly hate Michaels.

In any event, I honestly havent beem this excited, save One Night Stand, for stalling and posing of any kind in probably 3 or 4 years.

Re-checked and edited for accuracy.