TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
cbacon

New Broken Social Scene

fine. uncreative. unimaginative. everything he's done has been regurgitated from past artists & groups. if he wasn't canadian, and we didn't have those stupid ca-con rules - he'd be nothing. did you hear that crabuckit song? oh my god, its the worst.

I only ever heard anything by K-os because his first album being heavily pushed to college radio, back when I was my station's hip hop director. He never took off on this side of the border, not even with the "alt-rap" crowd.

In BSS-related news, I downloaded Beehives last night. It not being a "proper" album doesn't excuse its useless for anything other than a sleeping aid. That said, I did like the song "Backyards," though it was dragged out to twice its necessary running time.

BSS had admitted that they mailed it in like a motherfucker on Beehives. Feel Good Lost is a lot better.

On a BSS side-note I picked up Jason Collet's album Idols of Exile yesterday and I have subsequently added another Arts and Crafts member to my AOTY list (Feist being the other one).

I'll have to check out Jason Collet's album. Can't seem to find it on SoulSeek just yet.

Oh, and che v, Arcade Fire are opening for U2 on some of the Canadian dates. Still keeping it real?

I'll have to check out Jason Collet's album. Can't seem to find it on SoulSeek just yet.

Oh, and che v, Arcade Fire are opening for U2 on some of the Canadian dates. Still keeping it real?

What kind of a retarded question is that? Oh god, no, the opportunity for success. It's not like they're cutting a rap record with Bono and Lil' Jon. And god, does K-Os suck.

Sorry, should have thrown in the sarcasm tag. What I said was in reference to che v's comments on the first page. I think it's great that Arcade Fire are getting the exposure.

arcade fire are amazing. they won't be doing any rap duets anytime soon, though.

constantines are okay. my friends all love them.

i think we've all settled on the fact that k-os is pretty bad. well, everyone who counts....

feist is actually really good. i enjoy her cabaret pop balladry.

aside from stars, she's the best from the bss family. apostle of hustle isn't very good.

AoH is an aquired taste. I bought the cd along w/ Collet's on Sunday and Collet's is far and away the better of the two so far.

They put on a killer live show, though, as do all members of The Family.

I'm familiar with Swollen Members

Heh heh heh.

As for the Broken Social Scene stuff, I'm expecting a solid album, but nowhere near as good as YFIIP. They'll do what every good indie band does, disappear up their own asses.

BSS bootleg from the show at Olympic Island in Toronto (my favorite show of the year. Modest Mouse headlined and Metric, Do May Say Think and other Arts & Crafts artists performed):

Broken Social Scene - Olympic Island (Part 1)

Part II

Setlist:

Intro

Lover's Spit

7/4 (Shoreline)

Ibi Dreams of Pavement (Dreams of a better day)

Stars and Sons

Handjobs for the Holidays

Fire Eyed Boy

Anthems for a 17 year old Girl

Jimmy and the Photocall

Let them know it's Christmas/Banter and Jam

Almost Crimes

Major Label Debut

It's All Gonna Break (plus failed attempt)

this turkey ain't talkin no jive. it rules. heavier in places. can really notice the collabs. more vocals. couldn't detect k-os. i think i know where his participation is, but its subtle & harmless.

it sounds more like the caribou album than the last bss album

Guest Derek Bailey

I saw Feist on an episode of Des and Mel. Since she has no profile whatsoever here, I was very confused.

For the all of you who aren't familiar with Des and Mel, I guess it's like a low-rent, cheesier Oprah. With less famous guests. I've heard people say it's the British Regis and Kelly, but I don't know Regis and Kelly. On a good day, the musical guest would usually be whoever came fourth on the latest Pop Idol, or whichever '80s pop star(let) is trying to make a big comback.

this turkey ain't talkin no jive.  it rules.  heavier in places.  can really notice the collabs.  more vocals.  couldn't detect k-os.  i think i know where his participation is, but its subtle & harmless.

it sounds more like the caribou album than the last bss album

He's the rap verse at the end of Windsurfing Nation but he sounds more like Tricky then k-os.