TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Red Baron

The Cost of Oil.

So why should people dieing in NO make me suddenly not care that gas prices are going up? Should I not care about anything else in life b/c those people are dieing?

I never understood that mentality of "Hey well people have it worse." Yeah well this is me and this is how it affects me. So of course I'm going to care about my situation more.

And before you call me an asshole and try to get high and mighty realize you probably think the same way b/c I'm willing to be about 99% of America thinks that way. q

Guest Brian
Gas is about $3.40 to $3.60 a gallon here in Stamford. But the price seems to be dropping as oil is selling at the rate it was before. The thing that makes it ok is if you think about it. If someone where to buy coffee/lattes/ect.  from Starbucks, they are spending about $80 a gallon for it. So spending 26 dollars a fill up isn't that big of a deal.

Although I think the ceiling of this surge is about 75USD for crude. Anything more and enough bitching will force a drop in demand, even though US can support a demand of like 130USD for crude.

Ehh, a latte is a pretty big luxury, whereas gas many times is an unavoidable consequence of the society we live in that centers around the automotive industry.

I think the West Coast has it easier because we get alot of our supply from the pipeline and such, but I could be wrong. Though it jumped a little (like 6 to 15 cents, maybe 20 at most), it's stayed steady and hasn't been too affected.

Perhaps in cities of 80,000+ where there are lots of bus routes and longer house but in cities of smaller size, a car very much needed due to various businesses and things like grocery stores being farther apart.