TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest thebear

Erich kulas death

Guest saturnmark4life

I cannot believe how fucked this thread is. You sad, sad morons.

Guest dreamer420
If Davey Boy Smith jokes were around BEFORE he died, what should be the problem if they "pop up" AFTER he died? In fact, I would expect more Smith jokes than Kulas jokes, as Smith provides more material and he was more popular. The same goes for Owen Hart.

I guess I just believe in respecting those who are no longer with us.  Making jokes about people who have died recently is just bad taste IMO.

BTW, try an Owen Hart joke on this board and see what happens.

Guest Redhawk
If Davey Boy Smith jokes were around BEFORE he died, what should be the problem if they "pop up" AFTER he died? In fact, I would expect more Smith jokes than Kulas jokes, as Smith provides more material and he was more popular. The same goes for Owen Hart.

I guess I just believe in respecting those who are no longer with us.  Making jokes about people who have died recently is just bad taste IMO.

BTW, try an Owen Hart joke on this board and see what happens.

So are you saying that Owen Hart deserves MORE respect than Eric Kulas? Because nothing happens when someone makes Kulas jokes.

Guest dreamer420

Look dude, all I said was that it wasn't very cool to poke fun at the recently deceased.  You seem to be searching for a reason to do so and that is pretty sad little man.

Guest Redhawk
Look dude, all I said was that it wasn't very cool to poke fun at the recently deceased.  You seem to be searching for a reason to do so and that is pretty sad little man.

I don't need to search for reasons to poke fun. All I'm saying is that dying doesn't mean you can't still be the BUTT of a joke, little man.

Guest RetroRob215

I feel a little bit responsible for starting this whole thing.  I don't think people should make fun of Erich Kulas just for the hell of it, they should make fun of them because they have a reason to.  As someone said earlier, I, and probably nobody else, takes pleasure in his death.  I just don't think death is an excuse to stop making fun of somebody.  

When someone asked why people are all of a sudden loving Davey Boy Smith; I think the reason why is because a lot of people did mark out for Smith.  Not because he died, but because they were fans of his.  He has been around since most of us started watching wrestling, so I'm sure plenty of the posters on this board were fans of his at one time or another.

Guest papacita

IMO, there's nothing wrong with mocking dead people if you genuinely didn't like them. I believe if you didn't like the person when they were alive, don't pretend to like them when they're dead. However, just coming out and mocking the guy's death is insensitive and cold. I'm not gonna preach to anybody, cuz you have a right to say whatever you want, but there's a time and a place for everything.

Guest One Bad Apple
Sad news this week as Eric Kulas died. He cut himself shaving.

Very strange you seem upset enough about Davey Boy's passing, yet you're cracking jokes about someone else's.  Even nasty jerk comics like Dave Coulier don't do that.

There is nothing wrong with mocking the dead.  We all mock people while they are alive, so why is their death an excuse to stop?  Unless they are the kind of person who deserves respect like Lou Thesz or Wahoo McDaniel.  Eric Kulas was not like Lou Thesz or Wahoo McDaniel, so he's fair game.

He wasn't just mocking someone who recently died ... he was mocking the fact that they died.

I didn't have a problem with the first guy's post.  It was amazingly unfunny, yes ... but I wasn't offended.  Then again, it's possible I'm not the best person to tell you what generally is and what generally isn't.  I mean, I used to call this one guy I know "towelhead" for a while.  Dunno why it seemed so off-putting to people ... but it was, for whatever reason.

There's a funny story about this, too.  See, one night I see Omar coming in for his shift with a goddamn towel wrapped around his head (that's where I got the name!).  So I go to check what the heck was going on, and he gets, like, soooooo red!  Turns out he overslept and was in such a rush that he forgot to take it off after he finished his shower!  How he got his shirt on I'll never know, 'cause I forgot to ask.

Maybe people get mad because they think my making fun of Omar's waking up late and resulting appearance-related neglect means that I hate him, even though I deeply think he's okay.

I'm not basing it on wrestling skills.  Kula's was an idiot, not because he sucked in the ring, but because a. he lied about his age, b. allowed New Jack to blade him.

And that's all you know about him.

So those are your reasons why he doesn't deserve any respect?

You are right, a human is a human, but just because someone dies doesn't mean we have to start saying nice things about them. Death is not a reason to praise someone who you never praised before.

I don't recall anyone saying that he should be praised, just not insulted.

so whyz it that when british bulldog and owen die suddnly they where everyones favorite wrestler?

Owen seemed to be loved before he died ... Bulldog you can make a case for.

I started the What chants at Smackdown in MSG.

Rent the new tape Stone Cold- they show a clip of it.

Yeah, because your posts on a message board are going to be more than enough for me to instantly recognize you.

And Stone Cold isn't with me at the moment.  He's tapping a vein so he has somewhere to shoot up a little world title.

Sorry.

Dave Coulier??? Dont be dissing Joey Gladstone.

Wow, you knew who Dave Coulier was in Full House.  Were you trying to impress someone or something?  

Try again.

And where was the actual ... you know ... relevance of any of this to what I said to you?

Oh ... and the mock-ghetto talk?  

Yeah ... okay.

who was he in the WWF?

I’ll give you a quarter, but you have to promise you’ll use it to buy a fucking clue.

Never mind, I'm keeping the quarter.

He was the Mass Transit character in the WWF.  The gimmick was he was a bus driver.  He debuted sometime around '93.

Death is also not a reason to write long, contrived mockeries of that person.

As I said before, I didn't find it offensive ... but I do concur with ya.

If it were common practice to regularly post topics mocking Mass Transit, fine. No reason to stop the regularities of the board over his death. However, I saw absolutely no reason for the original post. It was in horrible taste and it was completely unnecessary. Just let the kid be.

I don't totally agree with that.  Still ... very good point, and I completely get where you're coming from.

The guy was a fucking dickhead and should be remembered as such!

I'm not denying this incident is what he'll be remembered for ... 'cause it is.  Still ... it was an incident.  

It was only one mistake.  Granted, it was a pretty moronic one ... but everything you know about him can be traced back to New Jack and heavy bleeding.  It's unfair to label someone if that's all you knew about their life.

I bet if Bin Laden died, you'd have a joke or two.

Well, maybe you should consider that Kulas didn't assist in the

murder of thousands of innocent human beings.

Osama is a jerk.

Guest bob_barron

If I wanted to impress you I'd talk about America's Funniest People yo.

MOCK GHETTO TALK RULES!

Guest Redhawk

You DO know that Eric Kulas/Mass Transit was never in the WWF, right? You were just being sarcastic, I hope.

Kulas' one and only pro wrestling appearance was at an ECW house show sometime in between 1995 and 1997, where he got sliced by New Jack. He told Heyman or whoever the road agent was that his wrestler name was Mass Transit. If he had debuted in '93, he would have been like 13 years old.