TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Team Angle Pusher

The Summerslam Thread

Hulk Hogan vs. Shawn Michaels - The match of politics! HBK lays down for nobody!....except Hunter, Angle, Flair, Jericho, Edge......Anyways, Hogan wins here because they are going to try to set up a "Best Ever" match with Austin at WM 22, which will be the REAL "politics" match. Can't wait to see how that one is booked.

WINNER: Hulk Hogan

WWE Champion John Cena © vs. Chris Jericho - Evil authority figure hires evil heel to take down the anti-authority thug face champion that has modified his WWE Title. Have I seen this before?

WINNER: John Cena

No Holds Barred

World Champion Batista vs. JBL - I can't see JBL getting the win, although I couldn't imagine JBL: WWE Champion last year either. Plus it's Batista's hometown, so he'll probably lose, but I just CAN'T predict another JBL Title run.

WINNER - Batista

Matt Hardy vs. Edge - This won't be very good. If Matt Wins, the storylines over and he's gotten his revenge. Then what? If Edge wins, this thing continues, but Matt looks like a chump.

WINNER - No Contest/Double DQ/Double Count Out

Undertaker vs. Randy Orton - Easy one here.

WINNER - Orton

No Time Limit

Eugene vs. Kurt Angle - Angle should win to end this "filler" storyline.

WINNER - Angle

Ladder

Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero - Is it just me, or can nobody else bring themselves to order a PPV with a "Custody of Dominik Ladder Match" on it? This match is all that's wrong with wrestling.

WINNER - Rey, just to END this angle!

US Champion Orlando Jordan vs. Chris Benoit - Don't care. Jordon is a jobber, looks like a jobber, and wrestles like a jobber. Benoit probably is thrilled about having an opportunity to be United States Champion.

WINNER - Benoit

OVERALL - Probably a pretty bad show. Hogan/HBK is all that interests me, and it won't be a good enough match to justify a PPV purchase.

No Holds Barred

World Champion Batista vs. JBL

Matt Hardy vs. Edge

I'd have Lita turn on Edge and cost him the match, then have Edge attack Batista after Batista beats JBL and use his "Money in the Bank" title shot to win the belt from Batista.

Anybody agree?

No Holds Barred

Matt Hardy vs. Edge

I'd have Lita turn on Edge and cost him the match, then have Edge attack Batista after Batista beats JBL and use his "Money in the Bank" title shot to win the belt from Batista.

Anybody agree?

Great except for the Edge being on Raw & Batista being on Smackdown thing.

Jordan vs. Benoit: Hopefully Benoit.

Rey vs. Eddie in a Ladder Match: Porbably Eddie, since I don't see them ending this shitty angle any time soon.

No Time Limit: Angle vs. Eugene: Obviously Angle. Should be a good match.

Undertaker vs. Randy Orton. This one could go either way, and I wouldn't be suprised if Orton or Taker win. I don't really care though.

Matt Hardy vs. Edge: No Contest, though I can see Kane getting involved somehow, setting up Edge vs. Kane vs. Matt Hardy. Why? Because the writers are clueless and because God's hand does not touch Vince Mcmahon.

No Holds Barred: Batista vs. JBL: Hopefully Batista. I have no problem with JBL, but I don't want him to be champ again.

John Cena vs. Chris Jericho: Cena. I see Carlito trying to interfere and backfiring, setting up Jerich vs. Carlito.

HBK vs. Hogan: Hogan, probably through some form of interferance. I doubt it will be Bret though.

Guest JMA

No Holds Barred

Matt Hardy vs. Edge

Anybody agree?

That would make tons of sense. Think about it, Edge's title shot is for the WORLD title, not the WWE title. Edge could use that loophole to win the title without actually being a Smackdown! wrestler. Afterwards, Long could demand that he go to Smackdown! or have the belt stripped from him. Edge would go to Smackdown! and keep the belt.

As a bonus, you could put Hardy over Edge in their match. Because he's beaten the man who's the current World champion, Hardy would have instant credibility and be a major force on RAW. No one would expect Edge to win the World title after losing earlier in the night, so he'd get his heat back. Also, any real-life bad blood between Edge and Hardy would have a better chance of fading with them being on different shows. Everybody wins.

As for Edge's spot on RAW, JBL could be brought over to fill that position. Bischoff could buy out his contract since Long hates the guy.

No Holds Barred

Matt Hardy vs. Edge

Anybody agree?

Did you forget Summerslam is a joint brand PPV?

No Holds Barred

Matt Hardy vs. Edge

Anybody agree?

Well no, I didn't forget that. They COULD go w/ JMA's plan (which sounds good btw) but I don't think WWE creative is smart enough to do it. If I recall correctly, Edge has even stopped coming out with the briefcase.

Guest JMA

No Holds Barred

Matt Hardy vs. Edge

Anybody agree?

Well no, I didn't forget that. They COULD go w/ JMA's plan (which sounds good btw) but I don't think WWE creative is smart enough to do it. If I recall correctly, Edge has even stopped coming out with the briefcase.

Thanks for the compliment. Sadly, you're most likely right in regards to the creative team's intelligence. These ARE the people who thought the "mole from hell" was a good idea...

Hogan/HBK:

Hogan wins this one-he was asked to come back, the storyline says he's got to win, it makes no sense for HBK to get the pinfall-Hogan wins and builds towards Austin-HBK doesn't need a win, he is a legend and no one is ever hurt by a loss to Hogan

Sting, Starrcade 97. And it's not true about Shawn. If Shawn loses clean, his heel character (you know the one that everyone loves) is dead. This isn't the cowardly Shawn. It's the shoot Shawn who knows he's better than everyone and can back up whatever he says. If Shawn can't beat a 50 year has been with a bad hip like Hogan, what does that say about all of his talk? No longer would he have anything to rub in the face of the fans or shoot about or reason storyline-wise to think he's the best ever.

From a business point of view, it makes no sense for Hogan to win. After this match is over, HBK could have years left while Hogan doesn't have much more to offer. A HBK job to Cena or anyone else will mean a hell of a lot more if HBK is coming off of a clean win against Hogan. Hogan, on the other hand would gain nothing from a win over HBK. He's already the biggest name in wrestling, what does he have to gain? A win over Shawn would just make Shawn look bad. And why should Hogan be gaining anything at the age of 50 anyway? At his age, it should be all about giving back, especially considering everythingl that was given to him in his career.

It would make better sense for Hogan to lose this match at SS and win the match against Austin. Austin won't be wrestling any more, it doesn't matter who wins Austin/Hogan. At all.

Plus there's the fact that HBK has been jobbing left and right and needs this win to build credibility again. WWE can't afford to mess with a main eventer's credibility since they have so few of them left, especially on the count of a nostalgia act like Hogan, someone who will just wrestle 1-2 matches a year, IF he doesn't retire. There's absolutely no good reason or argument for Hogan to win at Summerslam. It doesn't help WWE out, it doesn't help Shawn out, it doesn't even help him out. This is just like Hogan/Rock at WM18, where even though most fans won't like it, Hogan has to lose for the good of the company. Only Rock went on to make movies so the rub he got from Hogan was a bit of a waste, all the more reason that he needs to lose clean to someone else. I would say the same thing if Shawn was on the verge of retiring and could only wrestle 1-2 matches a year.

, if anything, Hogan has already given him the "rub" by wrestling him at a high profile event-before the Hogan fued, he wasn't noticed on raw-Now he's been given a huge elevation by this match alone

In that case then, I guess Shawn gave him a rub too because it's Hogan's first main event on a PPV since May 2002.

Guest jackie fargo
Hogan/HBK:

Hogan wins this one-he was asked to come back, the storyline says he's got to win, it makes no sense for HBK to get the pinfall-Hogan wins and builds towards Austin-HBK doesn't need a win, he is a legend and no one is ever hurt by a loss to Hogan

Sting, Starrcade 97. And it's not true about Shawn. If Shawn loses clean, his heel character (you know the one that everyone loves) is dead. This isn't the cowardly Shawn. It's the shoot Shawn who knows he's better than everyone and can back up whatever he says. If Shawn can't beat a 50 year has been with a bad hip like Hogan, what does that say about all of his talk? No longer would he have anything to rub in the face of the fans or shoot about or reason storyline-wise to think he's the best ever.

From a business point of view, it makes no sense for Hogan to win. After this match is over, HBK could have years left while Hogan doesn't have much more to offer. A HBK job to Cena or anyone else will mean a hell of a lot more if HBK is coming off of a clean win against Hogan. Hogan, on the other hand would gain nothing from a win over HBK. He's already the biggest name in wrestling, what does he have to gain? A win over Shawn would just make Shawn look bad. And why should Hogan be gaining anything at the age of 50 anyway? At his age, it should be all about giving back, especially considering everythingl that was given to him in his career.

It would make better sense for Hogan to lose this match at SS and win the match against Austin. Austin won't be wrestling any more, it doesn't matter who wins Austin/Hogan. At all.

Plus there's the fact that HBK has been jobbing left and right and needs this win to build credibility again. WWE can't afford to mess with a main eventer's credibility since they have so few of them left, especially on the count of a nostalgia act like Hogan, someone who will just wrestle 1-2 matches a year, IF he doesn't retire. There's absolutely no good reason or argument for Hogan to win at Summerslam. It doesn't help WWE out, it doesn't help Shawn out, it doesn't even help him out. This is just like Hogan/Rock at WM18, where even though most fans won't like it, Hogan has to lose for the good of the company. Only Rock went on to make movies so the rub he got from Hogan was a bit of a waste, all the more reason that he needs to lose clean to someone else. I would say the same thing if Shawn was on the verge of retiring and could only wrestle 1-2 matches a year.

, if anything, Hogan has already given him the "rub" by wrestling him at a high profile event-before the Hogan fued, he wasn't noticed on raw-Now he's been given a huge elevation by this match alone

In that case then, I guess Shawn gave him a rub too because it's Hogan's first main event on a PPV since May 2002.

not true, Hogan was the main-event at Mania 19, and No Way out before that with the Rock, also main-evented in Japan-just because the match doesn't go on last doesn't mean it wasn't the Main event-The Main-event is the most hyped and most promoted match-the Belts usually go on last to make them feel special-

ALso, if HBK has to get a win to make himself seem more legit, than HBK hasn't really did anything his whole career then- If he's an Icon, than why would it seem impossible to fans that he can't beat Cena-Also, the next two big matches will be Hogan and Austin and Hogan and Cena- thats the "big" matches planned over the next 12 months-

Guest Fook

Hulk Hogan vs. Shawn Michaels - Michaels. Even though the feud's been pretty one-sided, I can't see Hogan winning since he's only around for a month or so at a time while Michaels is working a heavier schedule.

WWE Champion John Cena © vs. Chris Jericho - Cena. Even a blind retard can see this coming. I like Jericho, but there's no way he's winning.

No Holds Barred

World Champion Batista vs. JBL - Batista. It's his hometown and the JBL uber-push has gone on far too long.

Matt Hardy vs. Edge - No contest. Jobbing would be horrible for either man right now. Keep the feud going for another month or two.

Undertaker vs. Randy Orton - Orton. He's getting his job back from WM. I don't think it'll be 100% clean, but he'll pin Taker with the RKO.

No Time Limit

Eugene vs. Kurt Angle - Angle. The entire storyline is set up for him to kill Eugene and then move on to Cena.

Ladder

Rey Mysterio vs. Eddie Guerrero - Eddie. I predict a Russo swerve where Dominik turns on Rey to help "his real dad". Then he disappears from TV forever, ending the feud and moving Eddie to a feud with Batista.

US Champion Orlando Jordan vs. Chris Benoit - Benoit. OJ has zero credibility and his reign has gone far too long. IMO, it should have ended at GAB, but that's another discussion.

They want Hogan v Austin at WM22. Hogan isn't losing before then. Austin can wrestle one last, safe match, and they don't come much safer than working against Hogan. We talked about this already in an earlier thread.

I don't want to see Austin v. Hogan AT ALL.

Austin's last match was perfect.

Austin v Rock at WM XIX was a great way for Austin to go out, that is true. But Austin v Hogan will make an ungodly amount of money, and the lure of the Holy Grail of Wrestling matches will very likely prove too much for both men to resist, given that both men will likely get a healthy piece of a very big chunk of change.

But doesn't Austin have enough money?

I know people would love to see it, but I remember the few times they went at it, it was awful and I just have never had a desire to see the match.

HBK should go over, cause then the fans will hate him more, and it'd be a good way to build to Cena v. HBK whenever they want to do it.

Guest *KNK*

Do you think Vince regrets his decision to host the Hogan/Austin match in the All-State Arena?

Yes, the crowd will be hot. That's a given with the two talents and the legacy of Chicago crowds but You have to figure Vince wishes it was a bigger crowd for

a). more money

b). more of an epic feel with 60k+ rather then 18,000

But doesn't Austin have enough money?

I know people would love to see it, but I remember the few times they went at it, it was awful and I just have never had a desire to see the match.

HBK should go over, cause then the fans will hate him more, and it'd be a good way to build to Cena v. HBK whenever they want to do it.

Hogan has enough money, but he still demands a strong six-figure payoff to wrestle.

Hogan v Austin is the plan, so Hogan isn't losing before WM 22. It might not be the best for business right now, and it probably isn't the best thing for long term business in regards to Raw, but for making the absolute most money from Austin v Hogan, Hogan can't lose.

I would think Hogan has enough heat that he can sustain a loss to HBK, plus he can get the job back.

I understand why they want Hogan to win, and what they're building to, I just really don't like it.

My proposed ending to the match would be:

Austin hits the stunner, and Hogan Hulk-Ups and all that jazz. When Hogan does the finger point thing, Austin flips him off, KICK WHAM STUNNER, see ya'. That'd be great, and I'd laugh so hard.

I would think Hogan has enough heat that he can sustain a loss to HBK, plus he can get the job back.

I think you can say that about both men; Shawn could get his heat back with another promo like from Monday. And seeing as how Hogan is the one in the big WM 22 match they're going for, he has to win. I'm not keen on it either, but for business, Hogan has to go over.

not true, Hogan was the main-event at Mania 19, and No Way out before that with the Rock, also main-evented in Japan-just because the match doesn't go on last doesn't mean it wasn't the Main event-The Main-event is the most hyped and most promoted match-the Belts usually go on last to make them feel special-

Hogan vs Vince was the main event of WM19? Okay, I forgot about Rock/Hogan 2 but that was still 2 years ago.

ALso, if HBK has to get a win to make himself seem more legit, than HBK hasn't really did anything his whole career then-

Well he hasn't really done anything since coming back to establish himself as one of the top guys. I mean, he puts on the best match of the night just about every time he wrestles but I'm talking from a storyline standpoint. He hasn't had any major wins since his feud with Triple H and has had a lot of losses since then. And you haven't countered that Hogan has nothing to lose or gain but Shawn has plenty he could lose or gain.

If he's an Icon, than why would it seem impossible to fans that he can't beat Cena

What?

I think you can say that about both men; Shawn could get his heat back with another promo like from Monday. And seeing as how Hogan is the one in the big WM 22 match they're going for, he has to win. I'm not keen on it either, but for business, Hogan has to go over.

Seeing as how Shawn is the one with years left in him and he's going to be wrestling more than 1 or 2 matches a year, he has to win. A loss to Shawn at SS will hurt Hogan's heat about as much a loss to Rock at WM did. Which is not at all.

Hogan/Vince wasn't exactly the main for WM 19...I think Brock/Angle was, though that show never had a clearly defined main. Just a bunch of "2nd from top" matches.

As I said, the Cabinet MUST job. If they don't, I start boycotting Smackdown. It's almost like RTC circa WM 17 where they all need to get jobbed badly and killed. Benoit should utterly destroy Jordan this time, surely they won't be retarded enough to have OJ retain again. And JBL beating Batista is possibly the single stupidest thing they could think of doing.

Guest jackie fargo
Hogan/Vince wasn't exactly the main for WM 19...I think Brock/Angle was, though that show never had a clearly defined main.  Just a bunch of "2nd from top" matches.

As I said, the Cabinet MUST job.  If they don't, I start boycotting Smackdown.  It's almost like RTC circa WM 17 where they all need to get jobbed badly and killed.  Benoit should utterly destroy Jordan this time, surely they won't be retarded enough to have OJ retain again.  And JBL beating Batista is possibly the single stupidest thing they could think of doing.

Angle/Brock went on last at mania 19, but Hogan/Vince was the Main-event-it was THE headlining event-

according to reports, including Bryan Alveraz after the Hogan/Vince match thousands left the arena-

Either way it goes, HBK/Hogan has had the best build to any "SS" match since Austin/Undertaker-

Its going to be interesting..

Guest Ransome
Angle/Brock went on last at mania 19, but Hogan/Vince was the Main-event-it was THE  headlining event-

I guess it can shoulder the blame for WM 19's poor buyrate, then.

Hogan vs HBK

Winner: Hogan, unfortunately. I could live without ever seeing Hogan's posing closing another PPV.

Batista vs JBL

Winner: Batista

Cena vs Jericho

Winner: Cena

OJ vs Benoit

Winner: Benoit, although it's a lose-lose situation on an even worse scale than at GAB. I suppose we're meant to be grateful that Benoit made the card at all?

Rey vs Eddie

Winner: Rey, though I can't see where the participants go from here after devoting 6 months of their careers for this storyline.

Angle vs Eugene

Winner: Angle, setting up his spot in the Unforgiven main event perhaps?

Matt Hardy vs Edge

Winner: Matt Hardy

Undertaker vs Randy Orton

Winner: Randy Orton

Every match has potential to be solid (if not quite excellent), and SS '05 might just turn out to be the pay-per-view of the year.

Hogan/HBK:

Sting, Starrcade 97.

Sting won that match.

I don't think the card looks too bad and I'll be ordering it on Sunday. Anyway, my predictions:

Hulk Hogan vs. Shawn Michaels

Winner: Hulk Hogan

WWE Championship Match: John Cena vs. Chris Jericho

Winner: John Cena

World Championship Match: Batista vs. JBL

Winner: Batista

Matt Hardy vs. Edge

Winner: Matt Hardy

Undertaker vs. Randy Orton

Winner: Randy Orton

Eugene vs. Kurt Angle

Winner: Kurt Angle

Ladder Match: Rey Misterio vs. Eddie Guerrero

Winner: Eddie Guerrero

WWE U.S. Championship Match: Orlando Jordan vs. Chris Benoit

Winner: Chris Benoit

Angle/Brock went on last at mania 19, but Hogan/Vince was the Main-event-it was THE  headlining event-

according to reports, including Bryan Alveraz after the Hogan/Vince match thousands left the arena-

While I agree that Hogan/Vince was what they seemed to subtly use as the true main event (although its hard to fully say that since they seemed to use all 5 main matches as main events) and even the DVD had Hogan/Vince on the cover, there was in no way "thousands" of fans leaving the arena after that match. It wasnt that much of a draw overall. I was there live and everyone stayed til the very end of the show. IIRC Rock/Austin was after Hogan/Vince and I would be inclined to say if it came to push and shove more people were interested in that match than Vince/Hogan.

-----

Also, pertaining to this Sunday's Hogan/HBK match, I really think they should have HBK go over, with Hogan beating him then in a rematch at Survivor Series. I would make a ridiculously huge push to Bret to ref that match as well in November. Although I dont expect it, I most certainly wouldnt mind a HHH run-in on Sunday during this match, helping Michaels beat Hogan. Michaels then re-aligns with HHH, to lead to HHH/Hogan, which is supposedly (according to Meltzer) the plan for Unforgiven anyway, or at least was at some point. Flair, in all of this, could and probably SHOULD turn face to fight Michaels at Unforgiven (I've also heard that is the plan for the next ppv too) and then at Survivor Series you build to Flair/HHH and Hogan/Michaels 2. Somewhere in between there, you could have a nifty tag match of Flair/Hogan v. HBK/HHH too - perhaps on the Saturday Nights Main Event special in the fall. Hogan most certainly could handle a screwjob loss at SummerSlam if it was booked in this manner and he went over then at Survivor Series in a rematch.

Hogan/HBK:

Sting, Starrcade 97.

Sting won that match.

Only after Bret restarted the match for no reason. To every WCW fan watching, Hogan dominated the entire match, and then beat Sting very easily and cleanly with a slow 3 count.

Yeah I agree that bringing Bret in to ref this match would be on short notice. They've mentioned him but having him actually show this quick might not be the best thing.

Oh, and in regards to this Edge thing....does anyone care about this subtle difference in the WWE title and World title? Let's face it, all Edge is going to get is a quick match at a nothing PPV or even Raw where he jobs to Cena and that'll be his title shot.

Anyway, predictions:

Hogan vs HBK

Winner: Hogan, though I have no idea. There's a million different ways this could go.

Batista vs JBL

Winner: Batista. I think my views on this one are well known. Put the title on JBL again, I boycott Smackdown.

Cena vs Jericho

Winner: Cena. Jericho hasn't a hope in hell.

OJ vs Benoit

Winner: Benoit, hopefully in a total squash. My thoughts on Jordan are established as well.

Rey vs Eddie

Winner: Eddie. I've heard Eddie is next in line at Batista so he's got to win at SOME point and get this feud over with.

Angle vs Eugene

Winner: Angle, in a total ownage. Give Dinsmore a new gimmick. Hell, tag him with Conway.

Matt Hardy vs Edge

Winner: No one, I think it'll be a crazy double DQ.

Undertaker vs Randy Orton

Winner: I'm one of the few who will say UT. Orton has screwed UT over of late and while he might get a win in a later blowoff, Taker might win this one. If Eddie is next for Batista then they might as well hold off on Orton going after Batista.