TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Team Angle Pusher

The Summerslam Thread

Why is it disturbing? I thought we all liked long title reigns, Batista has had the same long reign. They might try to shock us with a Jericho victory because 3 Faces in a row winning doesn't fit WWE Logic.

You know its real funny seeing Michaels finally taking on Hogan. I still remember at KOTR 1993 that promo HBK cut on Hogan, which was practically setting up a match even though it was indeed Hogan's last show back then. I don't remember the promo exactly, but if anybody can pop in the tape real quick and type down what Michaels says, that'd be awesome.

Here's another interesting question though, will the most hyped match of the event, Hogan Vs. Michaels, go on last (ala Bigelow / Taylor)? Or seeing how the WWE Championship has returned the flagship show, will the title finally go back to main eventing joint-brand PPVs after not doing so for a very long 26 months? Or will the World Heavyweight Title get one last hurrah considering it is the champion's hometown? What do you guys think?

Michaels v Hogan really has to go on last. It will be the most heated match, and neither title match will be able to follow it. I'd prefer a title match to go one last, and if one were to go on last it should be Batista v JBL to send the crowd home happy with the hometown guy winning, but realistically, it should be Michaels v Hogan, or the title match after it will have no heat.

English Cable broadcaster Ntl have not picked up SummerSlam so I miss it for the first time since 97. Wonderful.

I'm not willing to get the webcast either because I wont be able to keep it.

You know its real funny seeing Michaels finally taking on Hogan.  I still remember at KOTR 1993 that promo HBK cut on Hogan, which was practically setting up a match even though it was indeed Hogan's last show back then.  I don't remember the promo exactly, but if anybody can pop in the tape real quick and type down what Michaels says, that'd be awesome.

Michaels laughed after seeing Yokozuna beat Hogan at KOTR 1993 and said that Hogan was a "dinosaur". That's about all I can remember.

Considering the sheer amount of talent left off this card (Shelton, Booker, Christian, Regal, London, Nunzio, Mexicools, MNM, Big Show, Carlito, Kerwin) is anybody else dissapointed that Masters-Hurricane was the best heat match they could come up with?

edit: It just occured to me that Raw has all fresh matches, while Smackdown's are all rematches from Wrestlemania or the Bash. Pretty telling.

Guest *KNK*
Considering the sheer amount of talent left off this card (Shelton, Booker, Christian, Regal, London, Nunzio, Mexicools, MNM, Big Show, Carlito, Kerwin) is anybody else dissapointed that Masters-Hurricane was the best heat match they could come up with?

each show should have a heat match in theory but showing the HBK/Hogan package a third time was more important.

Im scratching my head wondering why this isn't Masters/Big Show..

I guess the realized that the second Big Show breaks the master lock and beats him, Masters is rendered totally useless.

English Cable broadcaster Ntl have not picked up SummerSlam so I miss it for the first time since 97. Wonderful.

I'm not willing to get the webcast either because I wont be able to keep it.

I ordered it on my NTL box this afternoon?

Guest *KNK*

I think I will bite the bullet and get this, I almost considered waiting for the replay but I figure the appeal of watching a replay isn't there. Im not watching for the Work-rate, thats void here tonight but more for the spectacle and the curiosity of how Shawn/Hogan works.

This will be the 6th PPV i order this year...which triples my total from 2002-2004.

Guest Askewniverse

I'm still wondering why a Carlito vs. Benjamin No DQ, No Count-out Match isn't on the main card.

Someone has my Hogan Wrestling Buddy behind them..

Dirty!

Guest *KNK*

Im scratching my head wondering why this isn't Masters/Big Show..

I guess the realized that the second Big Show breaks the master lock and beats him, Masters is rendered totally useless.

Saving it for Unforgiven where it will get a bigger push then it would for Slam.

Guest *KNK*

Might I add that the SummerSlam set is terribly generic and yet effective.

I'd take that over gaudy over the top sets.

Guest *KNK*

I wouldn't put it past them to put Cena/Jericho in the first hour.

I'm guessing Ladder Match or US Title match jerks.

Guest *KNK*

I love how they use the footage from April for Backlash as a part of the set up for the August match, combinding them as if they were the same angle.