TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Nudist with a Bomb

Y2J will win at NWO...

Guest Loss4Words

Well, even if the Rock loses 20 Wrestlemanias in a row, it's not like his heat, marketability or drawing power will be affected in any way, form or fashion. Ditto for Austin. It's not about creating something epic and giving wrestlers what you think they deserve, it's about doing what's right for business. So if the timing suggests that the Rock lose at every Wrestlemania for the rest of his career, then that's what should happen. He doesn't have a choker label and he's still over, so who cares?

Guest mastermind

I say their drawing power IS affected? Why? Look at the ratings and how many t-shirts do you see people walking on the street wearing Rock and Austin shirts compared to 1998-early 2000? People DON'T back losers for too long. Rock gets his heat back on the tv shows, but it DOES slowly diminish him. At least that's what I feel. You can't say Rock is as over as he was during the road to WM 16 as he is now. He was more over and was arguably surpassing or passed Austin. All that probably helped make some fans boo him instead of Austin during the road to Mania 17 because Austin never lost in big money matches, while Rock did(Mania 16 and 15).

Of course the booking has a lot to do with this as well.

Guest Loss4Words

Who cares where he's born? Well, the department of immigration for starters. I'd still consider myself American if I had moved to Japan at the age of two.

Guest cynicalprofit

Jericho will win at NWO because as it was said earlier, why give it to austin to job to angle. Monday night, HHH went 100% face, and the face wins at mania, outside of 2000, which was a failed experiment. This means he's gonna win. Jericho will go onto something else, and then we get angle, who will be sleeping with steph, vs hhh, cause steph has got in angle's head that he needs the title and other stupid sh*t about her being wronged and blah blah blah.

I said this over a month a ago to a friend. Jericho will drop the title to HHH at mania. It leaves open rock and austin and a third party to take on the nWo. It'll probably be Flair. And No doubt will Vince get involved, so maybe itll be a 4 way. And the really sad party it, it'll happen again over the next few months till the triad of crap wear their welcome out.

Guest cynicalprofit

Jericho will win at NWO because as it was said earlier, why give it to austin to job to angle. Monday night, HHH went 100% face, and the face wins at mania, outside of 2000, which was a failed experiment. This means he's gonna win. Jericho will go onto something else, and then we get angle, who will be sleeping with steph, vs hhh, cause steph has got in angle's head that he needs the title and other stupid sh*t about her being wronged and blah blah blah.

I said this over a month a ago to a friend. Jericho will drop the title to HHH at mania. It leaves open rock and austin and a third party to take on the nWo. It'll probably be Flair. And No doubt will Vince get involved, so maybe itll be a 4 way. And the really sad party it, it'll happen again over the next few months till the triad of crap wear their welcome out.

Guest Brian

2000 worked incredibly well. Triple H was your strong heel and everyone wanted to see him die at the hands of a face. Buyrates were stronger than ever. 2001 was a failure, but that was stupid in the first place.

Guest Kinetic
2001 was a failure, but that was stupid in the first place.

Are you referring to Austin turning at Wrestlemania X-7?  Because, to me, that seems like a really ballsy move that just didn't pay off all that well.  Think about it:  You've got your number one face--the most over, most profitable wrestler in the history of your company--taking on your number two face in the biggest match of the year for the WWF championship.  The number one face turns heel by aligning with his most hated rival.  Not just that, but he turns in his home state, where he's regarded as something of a folk hero.  Seriously.  That took so much balls on the part of the WWF.  I really wish it had culminated in something slightly more fulfilling.

Guest Tony149

This is a little of topic, but yeah, it took balls to turn Austin in Texas. I still think it would of been better to turn The Rock, since he was mostly getting all the boo's in the WM X-7 build up.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Most important thing that no one has mentioned:

Yes the face SHOULD win at WrestleMania this year.  But HHH is far from the #1 face in the company.  So who cares.  Rock is bigger.  Austin is bigger.  RVD (Despite every effort to the contrary) is bigger.  Edge is even bigger (outside of Arkansas) HELL Undertaker is bigger and he's a heel.

Guest Tony149

That's a pretty good point. I wonder what kind of pop HHH will get at the No Way Out PPV.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

"I'd still consider myself American if I had moved to Japan at the age of two. "

Yes, but he was still born to Canadians.  Would you consider yourself Japanese, if you were born there while your parents were on vacation?  Same thing.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Here's one for you:

RVD is able to stay over despite his lack of pushes/mic time/feud/storyline/anything.

Imagine how over he'd be if they gave him half of the time/push HHH is getting.

RVD could be the biggest star in the company TODAY with half that much effort.

HHH...NOT so much.

Guest Tony149

HHH is probably better off as a heel. I agree RVD is able to stay over despite his lack of push. Most guys start to lose their heat when that happens.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

Remember when they took 2 weeks off from the non stop Angle push?  It almost killed his career.

They should embrace what they have with RVD and see how high they can go with him.

Guest Some Guy

Y2J should win at NWO and then lose at Mania to HHH.

Then they could do a storline where he starts the "Canadian Mafia" or whatever they call it with Storm, Christian, and a heel turned Edge (his face turn just doesn't seem to be working that well)  This group fits the original Horseman prototype, World Champ level guy, IC level Guy and Tag Champ level team.  All of whom would do whatever possible to protect Y2J and help him regain the title of whatever side of the split he's on.  I know this will probably won't happen, as evidenced by last months aborted angle.  But I would like it and thats all that matters.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

If the WWF has Goldust win this piece of shit feud...

I don't know.  

I guess it would fall in line with destroying his career...but it CAN'T make good business sense to destroy one of your most over, newest stars.

But this is the WWF.

Guest Tony149

RVD & Goldust seem thrown together. The WWF had Goldust cut promos about "he", making references to the past...and they have "he" be RVD. That, IMO, came out of left field.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

it seemed like they were originally planning for rock.  maybe his burnout and time off tv meant they had to switch the emphasis of the fued to rvd and hope that we didnt remember about the past.

Guest Kahran Ramsus

Nah.  The WWF would never do something without putting any thought into it.  LOL.

Guest goar

Has anyone thought of this scenario?

Austin beats Jericho at No Way Out and HHH beats Angle.  But Vince and the nWo steal HHH's title shot at WrestleMania and give it to Hogan, making Hogan-Austin the main event.  You can put HHH against Nash or something.  This works with the whole idea of the nWo because they use cheap tacticts to get what they want, they're a cancer, etc.  Vince "hates" HHH because of how he treated Stephanie so he wouldn't want him to be in the main event at Mania.

The only reason I consider this is because HHH's heat has dropped majorly since his initial return.  I think everyone realizes that he's got five moves and is as slow as Big Show now.  The  WWF may want to get him further down the card and use Austin in the main event.

Guest Some Guy

I think if they're condidering dropping HHH down the card the're going to wait and see what he and Angle do at the PPV.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

hhh wont be dropped down the card in the near future.  1- he reportedly has backstage power, and wouldnt allow himself to get demoted.  2- he sleeps with steph, see 1. 3- angle who he is fighting for the slot is nowhere near over enough to headline mania, and if so, he would do it against austin, and we dont need to see that again yet.

Guest Tony149

I doubt the WWF would even consider moving HHH down the card a little. Since he supposedly will lead the WWF vs. the nWo. Unless him & Steph break up.

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

HHH won't allow it.  He always talks about how much he cares about the business.  Well...he is a liar.  Listening to the crowd reactions, and realizing that ratings haven't moved as a result of his return, should be enough to let him and the WWF know that the fans don't want to see him ME WrestleMania.

Guest Dangerous A

No one knows how WM is going to shape up yet. We can all have a better perspective of how WM will shape after 2/17. Plus it's not a lock that HHH will win the main at WM. The heel has won the main the last 2 years and they could go with that again. (yes I know Austin was a face at the beggining of last year's match)

Guest bps "The Truth" 21

I'm rooting for a Jericho/Angle main event.

I know that there is less than a 0% chance of that happening...but it would be fresh...new...and You could have the NWO cost all 3 faces wins in the 3 No Way Out Main Events.

IE...

there are 3 nWo guys and 3 Main Events.

Have Hall cost Rock (to set up Rock vs. Hall)

Have Nash cost HHH (to set up HHH vs. Nash; and also giving Angle the Main Event)

Have Hogan cost Austin (to set up Austin vs. Hogan)

If the NWO is supposed to unleash their "poison" at No Way Out...wouldn't them causing the Main Event at Mania to be Angle vs. Jericho be a good start?

Jericho/Angle would be a good match (better that HHH/Jericho, quality wise) and with 3 big money matches with the NWO on the card...WrestleMania could use that as their selling point.

If the NWO is going to be considered a real threat to the WWF the first thing they have to do is cause all 3 major faces to lose at No Way Out.

Guest The Vanilla Midget

the only thing with that would be that the title wouldnt be the main attraction at mania, and i think it should be.  apart from that though, your scenario works really well.