TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

JLU Season 3 starts September 17th

"Wild Card" was the fucking shit.

"Will Green Lantern ever admit to his feelings? Will Hawkgirl ever stop sublimating her passions with that big honkin' mace? Will true love conquer all? Not on my show!"

This line will probably be featured in my new signature. That or the line Joker gives before he backhands Harley.

It's such a shame that the best version of Joker was one of the many casualties of Bat-Embargo.

My favorite comic story ever, "New Frontier" will be made into an animated movie to be produced by Bruce Timm

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/jl/ba...s/berkowitz.php

Justice League writer Stan Berkowitz:

"At the moment, I'm writing a direct-to-video animated adaptation of Darwyn Cooke's "New Frontier" epic. It will be feature length, rated PG-13 and Bruce [Timm] will be Executive Producer. So far, it's been nothing but fun... a chance for me to revisit my youth and the Starro era."

My favorite comic story ever, "New Frontier" will be made into an animated movie to be produced by Bruce Timm

"At the moment, I'm writing a direct-to-video animated adaptation of Darwyn Cooke's "New Frontier" epic. It will be feature length, rated PG-13 and Bruce [Timm] will be Executive Producer. So far, it's been nothing but fun... a chance for me to revisit my youth and the Starro era."

I've wanted to read this for a while, but thought the combined price tag for 2 books was a little steep.

Has it been mentioned that SOME JLU eps have been released?

I am not sure what you mean. The had a couple of small DVD's released with 3 episodes on them but you may as well wait until they release the season sets.

Has it been mentioned that SOME JLU eps have been released?

I am not sure what you mean. The had a couple of small DVD's released with 3 episodes on them but you may as well wait until they release the season sets.

Yes, that is what I was referring to; they had a big Superman display at Wal-Mart. I brought it up because I thought somebody had posted that JLU would not be released on DVD in season sets.

Well if what you are saying is true then that is the first that I have ever heard of it. I hope that isn't true.

DDDVD must be backed up with that sale. This is the longest they've ever taken to get my order to me. The e-mail that they sent me says that even though JL S1 is on back order, they will ship the rest of my order separately.

Finally, a new signature.

I thought it would be better to have a signature with no Joker, but he's talked about.

During vacation, I bought all three of the Superman Animated Series DVDs - and I'm glad that I did.

Watching JL: Season 2 makes me feel bad for season one.

You have "Twilight", "Secret Society", "Hereafter", "Tabula Rasa", "Starcrossed", and of course, "Wild Card" all kick any episode in season one's ass.

Guest DouglasFir

That's awesome news - I've never actually read New Frontier because I was waiting for DC to collect the whole thing into one hardcover and it looks like my waiting paid off because they're releasing one of those oversized slipcased "Absolute" hardcovers later this year! :D

Can't wait to see what Timm & Co. do with this! :D

MY JL DVDs still aren't here. :angry:

So is season 1 of Superman bad?

No, its JL season 1 that the producers are not fond of

Should I have skipped it and opted for the mini sets from S1?

No don't do that. The season 1 set still has the Savage Times episodes.

Well, just finished watching Superman: Brainiac Attacks.

Gotta say, the writing is awful. The characters are seriously miswritten throughout the entire thing.

The voices are interesting. Having Tim Daly back again was odd since I'm so used to George Newbern, and at times Tim's lines seemed almost wooden - but that could be the writing.

Powers Booth is an awesome actor and an awesome Grodd, but it was just surreal not having Clancy Brown as Lex, and then to top it off with Grodd as his voice.

I absolutely loved Lance Henriksen as Brainiac. Nothing against Corey Burton but I almost wish Lance was originally cast as Brainiac, or at least another Big Bad style villain. That said, the writing had Brainiac cracking puns and laughing the entire time. It was really annoying.

It's a fun little movie but I'm not going to count it in the entire animated "universe" at all - at least, in my mind I'm not. ;)

The set came and my son and I have watched all the way through "Paradise Lost," which I remembering seeing in full back when it originally aired. It's a fine show. In the small snippets that I have seen the show, I had never picked up on some of the sexual innuendo. Good stuff. Nice list of guest voices, too.

I just picked up the Season 2 JL DVD set.

Wow...

Not just the eps, which are very good from what I've seen. But "wow" in that I somehow managed to miss damn near the entire 2nd season of this show. I mean, out of the eps listed I can remember seeing Starcrossed, and that's about it.

It's clear to me why the crew isn't so proud of Season 1--this clearly blows it away.

And I still haven't seen some eps of Season 1. I think this is all due to CN's changing of its time plus my college classes then.

I just picked up the Season 2 JL DVD set.

Wow...

Not just the eps, which are very good from what I've seen. But "wow" in that I somehow managed to miss damn near the entire 2nd season of this show. I mean, out of the eps listed I can remember seeing Starcrossed, and that's about it.

It's clear to me why the crew isn't so proud of Season 1--this clearly blows it away.

And I still haven't seen some eps of Season 1. I think this is all due to CN's changing of its time plus my college classes then.

Boomerang is now showing S1 and S2 episodes every night at 11pm eastern.

A Better World 2 is pretty good...but such a totally lame ending.

What the hell happened there? Justice Lord Batman apparently sends the League back, the other Lords try to..um...go back through (weren't they already in our world?), then there's the big fight scene where--bam, all of a sudden Luthor is helping the League (who authorized that pardon?), and passes up the chance to hit the League with the Disruptor?

How did he tell the J'ons apart? Why did Justice Lord J'on turn back into his more "human" form instead of his native Martian form? What actually happened to the Lords--were they thrown into the icy waters at the bottom of Supes' fortress? Jailed in our world? Sent back home de-powered? Does Justice Lord Batman now rule the Lords' world now? Couldn't Lord GL just go find his lantern and recharge his ring? His powers aren't inborn. Can Hawkgirl now *not fly* even though she still has the same body and has wings and the closest thing to superpowers she had was that stupid mace?

It's like they were past deadline and scribbled the ending down in about 5 minutes before sending it to the storyboarders.

How did he tell the J'ons apart?

Yeah the ending was not the best. I liked the forshadowing of Luthor running for president, as that makes me mark out. The way to tell the J'ons apart is the the Justice Lord version had four arms instead of 2. Sorry but that is the best explanation I can give you.

How did he tell the J'ons apart?

Yeah the ending was not the best. I liked the forshadowing of Luthor running for president, as that makes me mark out. The way to tell the J'ons apart is the the Justice Lord version had four arms instead of 2. Sorry but that is the best explanation I can give you.

I noticed that one on the commentary track, yeah. It's still a bit tricky but when the JLo J'on is blasted he's not even in the same frame as the League version. so that part isn't as bad as I had first though.

Annoying little bug with the DVDs--if you select the play all eps option, some eps it doesn't do that. For instance, Maid of Honor pt. 2 it skipped over, plus Hereafter Pt. 2.

I watched Twilight Pt. 2 again with the commentary--again, absolutely awesome episode and you can see how proud they are of Season 2 right there.

I used to prefer Tim Daly over George Newburn as Supes (see The Late Mr. Kent), but based on a lot of the eps I'm seeing here, it's really a tough call.

Is anyone elses episode listing on the case fucked up for discs 3 & 4? Hereafter (actually on 4 but listed on 3) and Secret Society (actually on 3 but listed on 4) are listed as on the wrong discs.

Also, my favourite eps for this season are the Terror Beyond arc (Lovecraft inspired Justice League episode? Hell yes!) and the Comfort & Joy episode. Cheesy, I know, but I love the interaction between Clark, his parents & J'onn.

Johnathan: "We had to wrap his presents in lead foil!"

Clark: "You mean Santa wrapped them....!"

Is anyone elses episode listing on the case fucked up for discs 3 & 4? Hereafter (actually on 4 but listed on 3) and Secret Society (actually on 3 but listed on 4) are listed as on the wrong discs.

Also, my favourite eps for this season are the Terror Beyond arc (Lovecraft inspired Justice League episode? Hell yes!)

Not just you.

Yes. and correction to my above post--actually it's Terror Beyond 2 which is skipped over, not Hereafter 2, because I was going by the episode listing on the case. :P

So yeah, there are a few screwups going on here.

GREAT F"N NEWS

Not only is JLU coming to DVD this year, but the set is coming with both seasons 3 and 4 combined. So the whole Cadmus storyline will be in it. Leaving only the last 13 "legion of Doom" episodes to be collected.

The release date is October 24th

JusticeLeagueUnlimited_S1.jpg

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6031

Also Batman Beyond set 2 will be out as well.