TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Angle Mark

JLU Season 3 starts September 17th

1. The final 2 episodes

finishes up the Legion of Doom plot and brings back Darkseid

. Then, of course, there's also the Brainiac vs. Superman straight-to-DVD movie coming out this summer (along with Season 2 of Justice League and the 3rd/final Superman AS set).

2. I generally accept the idea that this show isn't necessarily for kids, but tonight they just ABUSED their TVY7 rating all to hell.

Yeah, especially when

they showed the red liquid, at first making it seem like blood.

Even tricked me for a bit.

Mind explaining why John Stewart was at Vixen's place early in the morning, or why Shiera and Stewart's Egyptains counterparts were in bed together, while you're at it?

I'm not familiar with the Legion of Superheroes...could someone tell me why the green kid has a Braniac symbol on his chest and forehead?

First look at Legion of Superheroes animated series

Since it is on Kids WB it looks to be geared more toward the kiddies. former JLU and Teen Titans crew will work on the series.

Emphasis on the Teen Titans part, evidently.

Part 1 of the 2 part series finale is tonight.

On the bright side, another JL DVD set comes out in June, and Boomerang has apparently began showing JL reruns at 11pm eastern/10 pm central.

Guest InuYasha

So, next week is the series finale? Damn......

Also, Metron was pretty cool.

Goddamn, JLU is definitely prepped to go out with a bang next week.

And Legion of Superheroes is getting a pre-emptive thumbs down.

First look at Legion of Superheroes animated series

Since it is on Kids WB it looks to be geared more toward the kiddies. former JLU and Teen Titans crew will work on the series.

lsh-firstlook.jpg

Wow, that's awful.

I fail to see much JLU influence, sadly. Actually, the JLU Legion pics looked REALLY good and fairly accurate.

Image19.jpg

I mean, COME ON. Which would YOU prefer?

What the hell's going on with CN's attitude toward JLU anyways? I understand trying to stretch 13 episodes to a full 9-month TV season, but the lack of publicity, reruns, and apparently (as the Legion series demonstrates) faith is staggering. A show this good with 91 episodes deserves a little better than a shitty Saturday night timeslot, DVDs that take 4 years to come out, and late-night reruns on Boomerang.

So whats the verdict on last night's show? I thought it was pretty badass that the villians had the whole episode for themselves.

Highlights

1. The look on the villians faces when they realize they resurected Darksied instead of Brainiac.

2. Luthor getting rid of Grodd.

3. Bizzaro trying to put together the ship by putting a square section of the engine into a circular hole.

Lowlights

1. I am pretty good with my DC history but I had no clue who some of those villians were.

Sidenote: I was somewhat surprised to see KGBeast using a machine gun this episode. I remember when all guns had to fire lasers instead of bullets, so this took me as a surprise.

I'm not going to write-off the Legion show until I actually see it. I hated the Teen Titans series style of animation but the actual storylines, I thought, were pretty good.

They never reaally explained how they survived the explosion. I am guessing that Sinestro used his ring to protect them while in space.

I am so pissed Cartoon Network is cancelling the series. This is on of the reasons Cartoon Network has been plummeting down my "Channels I like" list. Ever since they started getting rid of classic cartoons it's been crap.

I think that Superman letting it all out thing would be REALLY neat to see in a movie.

But yeah, that was a great battle royale with heroes & villains vs. Apokalypse forces.

Wow. I can't believe this is it. Especially for Kevin Conroy. 13 years as the definitive voice of Batman (in my eyes, at least). Here's hoping there's at least another series, or some more direct to DVD movies in his future as the Dark Knight.

Here's the plot for "Superman: Brainiac Attacks" from amazon.com (on sale June 20th)

Superman, about to finally divulge his identity and his feelings to Lois Lane, suddenly finds his mighty hands full when Brainiac, a powerful computer, bent on universal domination and Lex Luthor team up to defeat him. Armed with new weapons and a special strain of kryptonite infused in his body, Brainiac becomes the most powerful enemy The Man of Steal has ever faced. When Lois Lane is critically injured by a force beam that was intended for him, Superman must race into the mysterious Phantom Zone to find a cure. Brianiac, believing Superman to be dead, betrays Lex Luthor and begins his attack on the city of Metropolis and ultimately Earth. Will Superman survive the Phantom Zone in order to defeat his deadly foes, save Lois and Metropolis?

Sounds like a nice way to wrap a few few dangling plot thread left over from Justice League. And Tim Daly's doing the voice of Superman for this.

It was a cool battle, but it needed an hour. At least we got the motherfucking Creeper in a couple scenes. And can you say deus ex machina?

Oh yeah. Who was the Captain America ripoff?

Here's the plot for "Superman: Brainiac Attacks" from amazon.com (on sale June 20th)

Superman, about to finally divulge his identity and his feelings to Lois Lane, suddenly finds his mighty hands full when Brainiac, a powerful computer, bent on universal domination and Lex Luthor team up to defeat him. Armed with new weapons and a special strain of kryptonite infused in his body, Brainiac becomes the most powerful enemy The Man of Steal has ever faced. When Lois Lane is critically injured by a force beam that was intended for him, Superman must race into the mysterious Phantom Zone to find a cure. Brianiac, believing Superman to be dead, betrays Lex Luthor and begins his attack on the city of Metropolis and ultimately Earth. Will Superman survive the Phantom Zone in order to defeat his deadly foes, save Lois and Metropolis?

Sounds like a nice way to wrap a few few dangling plot thread left over from Justice League. And Tim Daly's doing the voice of Superman for this.

I wish it was a League movie. It's something to look forward to, though. Anything to distract from the Legion and Batman cartoons.