TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Yuna_Firerose

Odd Computer Noise

I've checked the system's sounds and it is not in there and the sound - reminding me of a raindrop... sounds like a 'blip!' - seems to occur only on certain 'net pages. The odd thing is that it didn't happen earlier today. The computer was shut off and the fam went off to the fair. Came back...and this odd sound is there.

Anyone else have this difficulty? I can't figure out what the hell it is.

Nonsense. I have tons of homoerotic JPEGs and that never happens to me.

Windows has sort of a "click" sound by default that happens when you open a folder in Windows Explorer or click on a link in IE. You can turn it off by going into sound and setting the action "Start Navigation" to no sound.

If that's off and you're still getting weird sounds, then there's probably some weird browser extension installed or something.

And lastly, while I too keep pictures of scantily-clad men on my computer, your thing with Pee-Wee Herman STILL creeps me out.

Common problem, I work at tech support and get this all the time. Try deleting all your homoerotic GIFs and JPEGs, that should clear it right up.

Simply Amazing :lol:

The blips you are refering to might be onboard sounds, which have nothing to do with speakers and will happen even if they are turned off. These can happen when you press a key for too long, or too many times in a row. If these are what I think, you cannot stop them.

Tisn't 'Cummings' just... 'Cumming'. He has a fragrance out. Here's the commercial.. Go on... have a look-see.

And, after a few experimentations, I figured out what the problem was. Pest Patrol - anti-spyware program - has a thing entitled 'Cookie Patrol'. It made a blip every time a cookie was added. Hence why it would beep on yahoo mail, yet not some other sites.