TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Renegade

Coheed & Cambria

I think you can make a fairly good evaluation of whether or not you're interested in a band based on this sort of nonsense. Open mind nothing; an open mind is what you have before reading that.

That said, I have had the misfortune of hearing at least their singles, and find them woefully uninteresting in nearly every facet. Singer's got an occasionally fun voice, I guess.

Actually, it definitely means something.

Do you know the story behind Coheed and Cambria's albums? No? Do you want to? No? Well I have a site for you. See, I was planning to bump this topic for this purpose anyway, but here is a story synopsis of all of Coheed and Cambria's albums up until Good Apollo:

http://www.cobaltandcalcium.com/index.php?...d_cambria_story

The Story of Coheed and Cambria

nobody read this.

Once, I wrote a song about a girl!

By the way, I, too, have heard their singles. The video for that Suffering one is always on MTVU when I'm eating dinner, and it's like some medieval dragon robot shit. I don't know, I'm not paying attention. The part where it goes "listen well, will you marry me?", I thought he was saying "Liza Weil, will you marry me?", indicating that he had a big crush on Paris from Gilmore Girls. I would've found that topic more compelling than whatever you pasted. Incidentally, from a quick Google search to ascertain that I spelled her name correctly, she had a huge rack at one point. How about that.

The video for Good Apollo suck. However, "A Favor House Atlantic" and "Blood Red Summer" were pretty cool.

That being said, I wrote a fairly high quality 40 page story in 7th grade which could make for an interesting series of concept albums. Nonethless, I want to do at least a two part concept album before I die. I can write fairly well... the music would in no way appeal to anyone who was sober, though.

I think the story's ridiculous and that's what kept me from even listening to them for as long as I did. Their latest album is versatile, though, so I wouldn't let The Suffering be indicative of what the album's all about. It seems to offer up a variety of things for a variety of folks. Their sound's become a bit more refined since they signed on to a bigger label, but the music itself is still some of the more complex material of its genre.

The lead singer's voice is actually one of the strikes for them in my eyes. I just don't dig the emo-ish voices, regardless if the group could be defined as that or not.

As an aside, I never thought the day would come when I'd make a post defended Coheed.

This is one of those instances where you see a picture of the lead singer and he looks nothing like you had expected him to. The first time I saw a group picture, I thought I had missed Rob Zombie being a member of the band.