TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
World's Worst Man

Paging all goth-metal fans

Wow, I never would have guessed. The few Nightwish songs I have heard sounded nothing like that. Thanks for the help guys.

What songs have you heard?

Eh, Nightwish and Lacuna Coil really aren't goth metal.  At least the early work that I'm familiar with. 

Goth Metal would be something like Thine-In Therapy.

Yea, I realized I wasn't really looking for goth metal, but rather just symphonic/opera-esque stuff.

NJPW has really good taste in music.

I know they've had Royal Hunt compose several themes for them in the past

Yea, they use lots of metal bands on their shows I've found. K-1 too. I was shocked to hear Karelia on some K-1 MAX show from last year.

What songs have you heard?

I had just heard a couple random songs, don't remember spefically now. Nothing epic like Ghost Love Score though. I just downloaded their discography though :P

I don't understand Lacuna Coil that much. I mean there are some decent songs, but nothing for me to go out of the way and buy an album.

I missed an opportunity to see Nightwish live though a few months back.

Yea, I realized I wasn't really looking for goth metal, but rather just symphonic/opera-esque stuff.

Than might I recommend Ram-Zet. They have some male Black Metalesque vocals but they have a great deal of operic female vocals as well. I prefer them to Lacuna Coil since their heavier and more creative musically.