TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Giuseppe Zangara

The Best and Worst

The Blueprint > Reasonable Doubt because, for one, Jay's older voice sounds much better than the "yup!" chirp from 1996. More importantly, the rhymes on Reasonable Doubt are still a bit juvenile, too much hustle and childish Scarface jerking. Boring skits and uninspiring guests (i.e. Bleek), but goddamn if "Brooklyn's Finest" isn't one of the best team-ups of all-time (controversial statement, right).

And I still love Reasonable Doubt despite all that, but The Blueprint is that much better. It's him at his absolute most confident with the best array of beats he ever had.

The Blueprint > Reasonable Doubt because, for one, Jay's older voice sounds much better than the "yup!" chirp from 1996.  More importantly, the rhymes on Reasonable Doubt are still a bit juvenile, too much hustle and childish Scarface jerking.  Boring skits and uninspiring guests (i.e. Bleek), but goddamn if "Brooklyn's Finest" isn't one of the best team-ups of all-time (controversial statement, right).

And I still love Reasonable Doubt despite all that, but The Blueprint is that much better.  It's him at his absolute most confident with the best array of beats he ever had.

reasonable doubt wasn't as good as other debut albums from that period. it sustained him up to a point, but it was the blueprint that made jay-z the man in rap music. the supposed king of new york. it also triggered kanye's career too, and let to numerous blueprint-lite albums.

False, false, false. "Girls, Girls, Girls" is especially great. I go for all that clever stuff. And the bonus version in the last track? Super. "Jigga That Nigga" is the least profound thing on there but has a fantastic Snoop-checking hook and is a-okay by me as far boast tracks go. And "Renegade" isn't bad at all, though it is admittedly weird for Eminem to pop up when nobody else has been on the whole thing.

I can't make it through The Wall anymore, but at least it has more redeeming moments than its awful follow-up

If I actually have the time, I can still listen to The Wall from start to finish at any given time. But I agree that The Final Cut wasn't that good. The only song on it I like is the title track.

Guest The Iron Yuppie
I'm doing my own format to save space

Best on the left ; Worst on right

e36223asjj2.jpg f92137o0dkv.jpg

Good call on both Metallica albums.

Following the same format:

d87020fx956.jpge144150v7de.jpg

f70189qfmrt.jpge0222019wbv.jpg

f60137fzop0.jpgf75635hu9by.jpg

- I listed Hormoaning as the worst Nirvana album/EP because for me, it comes down to a choice between it and Incesticide; and I value 'Sliver', 'Big Long Now' and 'Stain' more than I do 'Even in His Youth' and 'D7'.

uninspiring guests (i.e. Bleek), but goddamn if "Brooklyn's Finest" isn't one of the best team-ups of all-time (controversial statement, right).

Ah, c'mon! I know Bleek sucks as a rule, but damned if the Butch & Sundance schtick on "Coming of Age" isn't tight.

Also, "Brooklyn's Finest" is like a top 5 greatest track of all time.

And I agree on the love for "Renegade" and disagree on the love for "Girls, Girls, Girls." It's cheesetastic.

Also agree on Velvet Underground.

I love The Blueprint, but "Jigga that Nigga", "Girls Girls Girls" and "Renegade" are terrible.

I could see what you mean about the first two, but "Renegade" featured one of the best guest apperances of 2001, not to mention the beat and the verses are hot also.

I like the title track a lot. It's not a bad album or anything, but it's up against stiff fucking competition.

I also can't believe there's someone out there who's listened to enough DMX albums to evaluate his catalog.

I like the title track a lot.  It's not a bad album or anything, but it's up against stiff fucking competition.

I also can't believe there's someone out there who's listened to enough DMX albums to evaluate his catalog.

Hey don't try to act like you didn't like "Get at me Dog" and "Ruff Ryder Anthem". Hell, I even liked "Where Da Hood At."

I like the title track a lot.  It's not a bad album or anything, but it's up against stiff fucking competition.

Hey don't try to act like you didn't like "Get at me Dog" and "Ruff Ryder Anthem". Hell, I even liked "Where Da Hood At."

But whole albums? Yeowch.

I do really like the part at the end of "Ruff Ryders Anthem" where he shouts "TALK IS CHEAP MOTHERFUCKER" followed by automatic gunfire. All class.

The whole Ruff Ryders crew, though. I'd rather they never existed, in spite of Eve having her moments. In fact, I like Eve quite a bit, except for her choice in running buddies. Better production and less worthless guest appearences could do wonders for her.