TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BHK

THe OAO Last Raw on Spike TV Thread (09.26.05)

In an article that portrays Spike TV in an extremely negative light, WWE.com features WWE management's response to Spike TV's censorship.

"During McMahon’s speech, the audio mysteriously dropped out in mid sentence. For the first time in a five-year relationship, Spike censored WWE. Not for language, nudity or violence, but for an apparently more grievous offense, the utterance of the phrase 'USA Network,'" the article reads.

WWE's justification for what turned into aggressive plugging for USA is that it had an obligation to let fans know of its move. It blames Spike TV for initiating the move with its continued censorship.

"“At the end of the day, it was our jobs to tell our fans where they can watch next week’s Monday Night RAW,” said Kevin Dunn. “It was an obligation we took very seriously."

WWE Chairman Vince McMahon feels that while the response went overboard, it was not mean-spirited in any way. He calls Spike TV's actions "flagrant violation of censorship."

“We went overboard,” admitted Vince McMahon. “But we did it in a very entertaining fashion. What we did was not mean spirited in any way. What Spike did, however, was mean spirited. At no time leading up to Monday night did Spike TV ever call us and say ‘Okay, this is what we won’t allow.’ We had no warning whatsoever. So for us it was business as usual.”

WWE also featured Spike TV's response - the same comments posted on LordsOfPain.net - at the end of the article.

http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/2005_/arti.../1127877399.php

I put the dumbest thing ever said in bold so everyone could see it right away.

I wondered why they didn't do this last week actually. I'm glad they just flat out went ahead and mentioned USA on the air because they really needed to. Sure, most people already knew but there might be a segment of the audience that didn't. Besides, who gives a shit what Spike thinks?

Guest deinly1
Anyone think Kennedy vs Benoit would be better than any damn 10 man SD tag match on the Raw Homecoming?

Sorry but this OJ/Booker/Christian feud is top level priority stuff here.

'Sides, once Benoit jobs the title he'll be free to become Kennedy's bitch.

Yea, I guess I was dreaming at the rare opportunity for the WWE to give the smarks something they want, or to give the marks something that might blow them away, assuming Kennedy has the ability to stay with Benoit and not get exposed. Hmmm on second thought maybe its for the best they give him more time to learn his craft before they put him in there with one of the most tireless terminators wrestling has ever produced.