TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Hank Kingsley

Best and Worst Songs on Albums

I like "Takeover" but whenever I hear it, I immeditatly think of "Ether" and not even The Doors sample can save the song. Just knowing Nas came back and ripped the shit out of him just ruins the whole song for me. Although I still laugh at the Havoc disses.

"You little fuck I got money stacks bigger than you"

I like "Takeover" but whenever I hear it, I immeditatly think of "Ether" and not even The Doors sample can save the song. Just knowing Nas came back and ripped the shit out of him just ruins the whole song for me. Although I still laugh at the Havoc disses.

cbright is right. nas murdered jay on that. its beautiful. anyone who hasn't done too much coke to burn away FEELING would have to cry after being roasted 4 mintues & 37 seconds. dame didn't exactly get away scot clean, neither.

I'd be fine with you not liking "Won't Get Fooled Again"—okay, not really, though we can pretend for the sake of argument—were it not for you saying that the embarassingly cloying, wretch-inducing sentimentality of "The Song is Over" is not only better, but also one of the best tracks on the album. Wow. Next, you'll be telling me that "Squeezebox" is one of their greatest songs. Say it ain't so.

i just like how the song sounds. to be honest, i have no greta opinion of the album. like most of the who's singles, won't get fooled again just leaves me unsatisfied. i've heard it on too many monday morning radio rock shows perhaps.

e14377msg7m.jpg

Best: Won't Get Fooled Again

Worst: The Song is Over

what?

reverse those two & we're in business. well, maybe baba o'riley barely ahead of the song is over.

My opinion, Who's Next has no real weak song, all of them are fantastic. The weakest is probably My Wife or Getting in Tune. Bargain is probably the best song on the album IMO.

coup_detat.jpg

BEST: "The Damned"

WORST: "Lightning Breaks"

WhiteZombieAstroD2.jpg

BEST: "Super Charger Heaven" (though "I, Zombie" is killer)

WORST: "Grease Paint & Monkey Brains" (only song on the album I have any motivation to skip when listening to it)

iatde024.jpg

BEST: "Tale Told by a Dead Man" (Zombie Apocalypse)

WORST: "Funeral" (Send More Paramedics)

cbright is right. nas murdered jay on that. its beautiful. anyone who hasn't done too much coke to burn away FEELING would have to cry after being roasted 4 mintues & 37 seconds. dame didn't exactly get away scot clean, neither.

What Nas track is that?

I feel I should know this, but I'm a little lost..

Guest J0bber

9518f.jpg

Best: Eye Less

Worst: Me Inside

deicide2.jpg

Best: Satan Spawn The Caco-Daemon

Worst: Repent to Die

f54995xbhar.jpg

Best Song: Rocket Queen

Worst Song: Think About You

"Think About You" is fucking great, if only for the acoustic guitar work during the chorus.

I'll do my Appetite list:

Best: "My Michelle"

Worst: "You're Crazy"

Think about you is indeed fucking great.