TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Angels/Yankees ALDS Thread

Who cares? If you like baseball then you like watching the games and you could care less what ratings it's drawing.

I could't agree with this more. Fuck the ratings.

Thirded. This isn't the WWE, people.

How long is FOX's contract, anyway?

Maybe they'll stop their coverage and we won't have to listen to Buck/McCarver anymore.

The current contract runs through next year. Whatever network is doing baseball in 2007 needs to completely revamp the Saturday coverage. They need to have a real pregame show (with some hosts with actual personalities) and go to a doubleheader format with everyone getting a local game and the featured east coast or west coast game. Actually make Saturday baseball an event rather than after thought that just pisses you off when your local team is blacked out because it wasn't on Fox's schedule that day.

Guest TheDon

Funny how all of the Yankee fans are complaining and yet me the new poster boy hasn't bitched once tonight.

Guest TheDon

Congrats to the Angels for winning the series. Yankees sure helped them out in a couple of games to get a win. I think Chicago is going to win in the ALCS.

But the way of it has always been a national Game Of The Week. Why would I watch the Cubs on WGN most days, then put them on Fox for a day, if it's not a national feed? Unless you mean something else. But no it shouldn't be like NFL where there are all these various interchangeable crews in lieu of a local team.

I want to see the restrictions on WGN and TBS slightly lifted so the Cubs and Braves can get more national coverage. They deserve it. Why shouldn't they get it?

Well I'm going from the perspective of an A's fan who FOX televised once this year on Saturday's and then would always have their game blacked out because of FOX's exclusive Saturday day game rights.

Guest TheDon

That sums up the season for the Yankees. Another waisted year for the Yankees and Mariano Rivera. I am sure going to miss him once he is retired. Too bad the Yankees couldn't find a way to get the GameBreaker himself into the game today.

the White Sox have no national relevance, other than the cheaters

Like I said earlier, if they win, the contrast from last year is going to be funny

"Boston wins for the first time since 1918, the curse is lifted!"

*media coverage out the ass, shots of fan parties in the streets of Boston*

"Chicago wins for the first time since 1917!"

*silence... tumbleweed blows by*

Guest Brian

The funniest thing about the Sheffiel/Matsui pic is the fact that it says San Diego Zoo in the background.

Well, that and it looks like Sheffield found his prison bitch.

Guest Fishyswa

Flying knee of death.

I would of rather been blown out, I could of gotten to sleep earlier. I can't really blame it on anything but hitting, because no matter what mistakes we made, we got into a position to correct them, and never did.

Hopefully most of the boys are back next year, it sucks getting used to half a new team every year.

Jeter is still fucking clutch. I feel really really bad for A-Rod. Giambi is the shit, Sheffield and Matsui played like shit with runners on, Cano got screwed over, and it was Crosby's ball in the outfield.

Maybe this builds character, I dunno.

No he got screwed. They didn't make the call till Cano was obviously safe. He didn't interfere with the play, because the catcher threw foul line side, and everyone runs the same basepath as Cano. If no call was going to be made if he was out, then why should it be made just because he's safe? There's no way in hell they make that call any other time.

Guest Brian

Watch the replay. Ball comes across on fair side.

And that's beside the point. Rule states he was out.

The whole basis of the rule is just stupid.

Erstad was setup on the OUTSIDE of the bag. Cano saw that, and went to the inside of the bag, trying to avoid the throw. It's not Cano's fault molina couldn't make a good throw, and its not Cano's fault that Erstad set up on the wrong side of the bag.

Guest Brian

It doesn't matter where Erstad set up, because he was not fielding the ball and Cano as the runner is granted the path ot the base. It's his. He has the right to the baseline. Here's the rule again:

(k) In running the last half of the distance from home base to first base, while the ball is being fielded to first base, he runs outside (to the right of) the three foot line, or inside (to the left of) the foul line, and in the umpire's judgment in so doing interferes with the fielder taking the throw at first base; except that he may run outside (to the right of) the three foot line or inside (to the left of) the foul line to avoid a fielder attempting to field a batted ball;

So in other words, the three foot box on the side of the baseline is his. The runner is granted that space, and he cannot run outside of it unless there is a fielder there is a fielder fielding the ball in the way of him (which we see on tag plays where the runner gets too far to the side and is called out). He runs outside of the area, he gets in the way of the play, he interferes, he's out.