TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

The Sting DVD would be worth it just to see the awesome build up for the Sting/Hogan fued only to have an awful ending.

And also, as much as Sting DVDs and figures are cool...

It'd also be cool to have Sting in the WWE games and NOT have to be CAW'd.

...and if it's Crow Sting, then maybe use his eerie theme that he used for Starrcade 97

--Just a clarification when it comes to TNA on a taping report. Jay Lethal is still the X division champion. The ladder match that airs on tomorrow night's television is for possession of the belt. But it was not a title match
Jesus christ.

I don't actually hate that at all. I kinda like that Lethal had a chance to get his belt back during the "heels steal the belt" angle...gets it and gets screwed out of it again.

I kinda like that the champion is actually feuding to get his property back.

--Just a clarification when it comes to TNA on a taping report. Jay Lethal is still the X division champion. The ladder match that airs on tomorrow night's television is for possession of the belt. But it was not a title match
Jesus christ.

No kidding. *head explodes*

And the "champion fighting to get his belt back" angle has been done too many times in wrestling.

I don't actually hate that at all. I kinda like that Lethal had a chance to get his belt back during the "heels steal the belt" angle...gets it and gets screwed out of it again.

I agree. I like the way this is going so far. I am actually interested in where this is going.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Orlando, Fla. (December 5, 2007) - Former NASCAR driver Hermie Sadler makes his

debut Thursday night, Dec. 6, as a professional wrestling broadcaster for iMPACT! (9

p.m. ET), airing on Spike TV.

Sadler retired from the NASCAR Nextel Cup series after the 2006 season and is now an

analyst for NASCAR on SPEED and Direct TV Hot Pass. He also has been a wrestling

promoter and in-ring performer for the past few years.

Sadler joins Total Nonstop Action (TNA) Wrestling iMPACT! alongside play-by-play

announcer Mike Tenay and color commentator Don West for a match between "Fallen

Angel" Christopher Daniels and Senshi, which was taped at Universal Studios Florida.

"I had a great time. It was a lot of fun, a great experience, something I hope to

do again," said Sadler, 38, the 1993 Busch Series Rookie of the Year. "Commentating

for professional wrestling is, in a lot of ways, quite similar to commentating on

NASCAR."

In addition to NASCAR announcing, Sadler also is a weekly guest every Tuesday on the

nationally-syndicated John Boy & Billy Big Show, a morning radio show which

originates from Charlotte, N.C.

"Mike and I were really impressed with Hermie's knowledge of the product and his

knowledge of each individual wrestler," said TNA commentator Don West. "It's always

a pleasure working with someone who is an actual fan of the sport. His enthusiasm

shines through and his ability to relate what he sees in the (wrestling) ring to his

NASCAR experiences are a great insight."

In 2002, Sadler had a feud with TNA's Ron Killings, leading to a number of

appearances and matches as part of a cross promotion between TNA and NASCAR. TNA

Wrestling later sponsored Sadler's racing efforts.

"It's always interesting to get the insight of a professional athlete from a sport

other than wrestling and, in Hermie's case, his appreciation of wrestling and the

fact that he has been a lifelong wrestling fan shines through," said TNA's Mike

Tenay.

TNA Wrestling delivers a distinct brand of high-risk, athletic entertainment. TNA's

roster includes the biggest names in wrestling today, such as Kurt Angle, Booker T.,

Kevin Nash, Christian Cage, Scott Steiner, Jeff Jarrett, and Team 3D, as well as the

hottest new stars in the business: A.J. Styles, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe and

the Motor City Machine Guns.

TNA features the innovative six-sided ring and the high flying "X-Division," as well

as concept matches such as "Ultimate X," "King of the Mountain," "Six Sides of

Steel," "Lethal Lockdown" and "Elevation X," considered the most dangerous match in

professional wrestling, where combatants battle on a platform 20 feet above the

ring.

TNA Entertainment, LLC is a privately held company headquartered in Nashville, Tenn.

TNA programming is currently seen in more than 120 countries worldwide. "TNA

Thursday Night iMPACT!" airs every Thursday at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Spike TV. Spike TV

is available in over 96 million homes and is a division of Viacom International Inc.

So after months and months of complaints about that announce team they bring in Hermie Fucking Sadler. Not a wrestler that could actually add some color to the show...Hermie Sadler. Unbelievable.

At the very least he is a long-time fan that has commentating history. It's a little different then Mongo. He can't be worse then West. You don't need a former wrestler to add color, you just need a competent voice who can express things and put over the product effectively without beating it over the head of the viewer.

At the very least he is a long-time fan that has commentating history. It's a little different then Mongo. He can't be worse then West. You don't need a former wrestler to add color, you just need a competent voice who can express things and put over the product effectively without beating it over the head of the viewer.

Have you seen his commentary from the FSN days?

Jesus christ.

No kidding. *head explodes*

And the "champion fighting to get his belt back" angle has been done too many times in wrestling.

Not being funny, but what angle in wrestling hasn't been done?

Jay's the Champ, but Devine owns the belt, again I say...Jesus Christ.

The angle makes no sense. Okay, so the heel stole your belt. How would beating him in a match for it help get it back? Couldn't he just run away with it again? If TNA management said he had to give it back if he loses the match, why wouldn't they just say he had to give it back period? It's the champs damn belt. Why would the champ even care that he has his belt? Okay, I'm the champion, you go ahead and run around with the belt though, you're only making an ass of yourself.

Why would they run a match where the heel could gain legal possession of the belt? If the heels had won the match, Divine would have legal ownership of the belt. Where's the heat? Just because the babyfaces won and the heels stole the belt anyway, it doesn't make having the match any less stupid.

Guest LuckyLopez

Maybe the Dudz and Devine are the ones who setup the match? "You want you belt back? Ok, we'll give you a chance for it." Or Lethal/MCMG challenged them? I agree it makes no sense if Cornette or TNA mandated the match. But it doesn't look like we know that's the case yet. Of course if the heels put it up you run the risk of them just stealing it back. But it does give you the opportunity to grab the belt and protect it better.

And I don't think there's anything odd about the champion wanting his belt back. There's a reason they carry the things. And the story has been done plenty of times.

But I agree. If Cornette comes out and announces that stipulation its quite illogical. Would seem more prudent for him to run Matt Morgan out there to take the belt back. If its just an "unofficial" stip put together by the feuding sides? The whole thing works for me.

I didn't hate the way they did it.

3D talking down the X division as boys who would never grow into men if things were just handed to them...3D giving the belt back but Lethal saying that he'll prove himself in the ring...only to get screwed again by the bad guys...

There are a lot of things that I don't like about TNA at this point.

This angle isn't one of them.

He stepped up and got screwed. It obviously ends with him standing victorious...and then it'll mean something.

I just don't hate this.

I didn't hate the way they did it.

3D talking down the X division as boys who would never grow into men if things were just handed to them...3D giving the belt back but Lethal saying that he'll prove himself in the ring...only to get screwed again by the bad guys...

There are a lot of things that I don't like about TNA at this point.

This angle isn't one of them.

He stepped up and got screwed. It obviously ends with him standing victorious...and then it'll mean something.

I just don't hate this.

I agree, this is one of those angles that has grown on me nicely. Right now the Abyss-Mitchell angle is the only one that is actually boring me. The Cage-Angle stuff (which is eventually going to lead to Styles-Cage and Angle-Cage probably or at least should) and the Dudleys-X division stuff is working fine for me.

Now if it doesn't end with Lethal standing victorious with the belt..then it becomes a bad angle.

The one question I have about this whole angle is, where do the Dudleys go from here? Jay Lethal is victorious and gets his belt back. 3D and Devine are defeated. Lethal moves on to what heel in the X-Division and 3D moves on to what? I like this angle, but what's next for each party involved?

Guest MadManOnTheWater
The one question I have about this whole angle is, where do the Dudleys go from here? Jay Lethal is victorious and gets his belt back. 3D and Devine are defeated. Lethal moves on to what heel in the X-Division and 3D moves on to what? I like this angle, but what's next for each party involved?

You transition the tag titles to Team 3D (via LAX or possibly a multi-way match). Then the MCMGs beat them for the title at Destination X. Rematch and blow-off at Lockdown with Sabin/Shelley getting the win.

Jay Lethal faces Sonjay Dutt, who finally explodes from all the tension that he's been holding inside and turns heel.

OK, that's if I were booking.

Just wanted to let the people know that gave me a little bit of help, TNA did actually finally respond to me after my tenth email about my missing dvd. They sent out my dvd with a free copy of TNA Year One.

I have to chime in that IMO having Jim Cornette, of all people, as the "figurehead" this promotion only adds to the cheesyness that comes across. Anyone else agree? I think this entire fed needs an overhaul of their on-screen "staff" from the announcers to figureheads and backstage interviewers.

I don't like it either. Cornette's the asshole who would beat the authority figure over the head with his tennis racket.

You transition the tag titles to Team 3D (via LAX or possibly a multi-way match). Then the MCMGs beat them for the title at Destination X. Rematch and blow-off at Lockdown with Sabin/Shelley getting the win.

Jay Lethal faces Sonjay Dutt, who finally explodes from all the tension that he's been holding inside and turns heel.

OK, that's if I were booking.

During their match at the PPV I brought that up to my friends that were watching and we all agreed that that feud would be pretty fun to watch. Sonjay being all peaceful one second and then beating the crap out of everyone the next.

I guess PWInsider(I could have the wrong news site, as I grabbed this from the official Sting forums.) is saying there may be a deal worked out where Sting will remain in the company, but with even less appearances with his appearances as more of "big deal". So I guess he's going for four-five match a year type of deal. Could be bullshit but like I said they said there are "rumblings" that this may be the case.

Guest LuckyLopez

I have yet to see anyone who has seen more than 1 full episode of Impact not basically agree that the company needs a change is announcing. I'd still basically like to believe that Tenay could be good if taken out of that play-by-play role and no longer being that shill self-righteous voice of TNA. And there is some small part of me that appreciates West's enthusiasm for the company. But if nothing else the tandem and the formula they have doesn't work. Add a heel 3rd. Add a play-by-play. Remove West and leave him to other stuff. I have no idea. But it needs to be mixed up. By someone other than Hermie Sadler.

I actually quite enjoy JB and Crystal. Crystal doesn't do anything to praise but she reacts well and logically to what happens around her. Which is really all I ask for from a hot mic stand. And I think JB has grown into a very enjoyable role as that guy who is buddies with the midcarders and just wants to hang with the cool kids. And some of his interactions with Angle, Karen, and the Coalition have been great to me.

I don't mind Cornette but I would basically prefer him in a managerial role. Ultimately I think it would be better off if the pay off to all his "Damn it, Matt, the guys upstairs are breathing over my neck!" stuff would be for him to lose the role and someone new being installed. Then Cornette managing Morgan or others would do more for me, I think. But I suspect Cornette doesn't really want to put all that work in at this stage of his career. I don't hate him or think he necessarily hurts the product though. The only real problem is that Cornette ACTS like he takes no shit but is fairly ineffective at keeping things in order.