TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
dubq

TNA Comments which don't warrant a thread

They now think they can copyright the phrase wrestling superstars? Jesus Christ WWE. I'm telling you, we are a few short months from the WWE trying to copyright the word "wrestling" for themselves.

No judge on the planet would listen to the WWE. Hell, some judges might order the WWE to pay TNA for being stupid.

Guest Biggles

It's ironic that WWE is being such a bitch about trademarks after what the World Wildlife Fund did to them. You would think they'd be sympathetic to that cause but nooo they're acting like a bunch of high horse riding bitches.

It's ironic that WWE is being such a bitch about trademarks after what the World Wildlife Fund did to them. You would think they'd be sympathetic to that cause but nooo they're acting like a bunch of high horse riding bitches.

When you are losing money like you are flushing it down a toilet, you tend to search for anyway possible to stop the bleeding. I guess in their warped minds, this is the way to do it.

I would ignore it. It's ridiculous. It's like McDonalds trying to copyright the word burger, or Taco Bell trying to copyright the word burrito.

I'd like to think Panda and Co. have a legal department that might be able to fight off laughable things like TNA not being able to refer to their people as "wrestling superstars".

The question is, will TNA ignore and defend it in court?

Ignore. The WWE could kill them in legal fees and it's not even worth acknowledging. Vince cannot claim he owns the phrase "wrestling superstars" no matter how insane he has went.

WWE superstars, yes. Wrestling Superstars? Ignore feature.

Here's a question:

If you were to run TNA...when, if at all, would be the best time to move TNA's product from just where they film it now to doing tours across the country?

Guest JesusJuiced

The Best of the X Division: Volume 1 DVD match list:

20 Man X Gauntlet - Victory Road 2004

Petey Williams vs AJ Styles

AJ Styles vs Petey Williams vs Chris Sabin

Chris Sabin vs Christopher Daniels

AJ Styles vs Johnny Devine

Petey Williams vs AJ Styles vs Chris Sabin Ultimate X Match - Final Resolution 2005

AJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels Ironman Match - Against All Odds 2005

AJ Styles vs Primetime vs Christopher Daniels vs The Truth - Destination X 2005

Chris Sabin vs Matt Bentley vs Sonjay Dutt vs Shocker

AJ Styles vs Sean Waltman - No Surrender 2005

Chris Sabin vs Samoa Joe - No Surrender 2005

Released today, alongside AJ Styles, Raven and Jeff Hardy DVDs.

Guest *KNK*
Here's a question:

If you were to run TNA...when, if at all, would be the best time to move TNA's product from just where they film it now to doing tours across the country?

When they start to grow a new fanbase beyond it's current fanbase. It'll have to be mid 2006 at this point.

It can't branch out and tour across country right away and expect results. It has slowly build.

Start off in other venues in Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas and establish those places as markets.

Definitely. Too much too fast will kill this company as surely as just staying in Orlando. The good thing about being in Orlando is that its centrally located, and you can get there in three to five hours from practically anywhere else in the state. Georgia is the next logical step, as there has always been a strong wrestling fanbase and like the rest of the country, they're starving for good wrestling.

And this might be a little too much to ask, but their main stars are going to have to be injury-free for at least a year to keep TNA growing.

Start up house shows when they start gaing momentum. Momentum = more money, better timeslot, better ratings/PPv buys. I would guess 2007 at the earliest.

Guest MikeSC

When you are losing money like you are flushing it down a toilet, you tend to search for anyway possible to stop the bleeding. I guess in their warped minds, this is the way to do it.

You are aware that the WWE, unlike TNA, is actually not losing money, right?

I dunno, man...house show attendance is WAY down. Merchandising on the other hand is doing very good from what I gather, I dunno if you can say they're turning profits through and through...and I'm not saying that TNA ever did make straight and out profits because it's well known they didn't.

Guest MikeSC

Considering WWE has to actually release public reports --- yes, I can say they're turning profits.

Guest MikeSC

There's nothing to argue. It's not like you can say "Hey, the WWE is losing money" when reality says something different.

Guest MikeSC

I'm not exactly sure at what point people seem to think I was rationalizing why TNA was a money drain.

I just said they were. And I said the WWE was not.

There really isn't a heck of a lot of discussion outside of that.

No, there really isn't. WWE's been in business for decades, so if they didn't know how to cut costs to make it so that they still turn in a profit, then they'd have been out of business a LONG time ago.

TNA isn't making a profit right now because they're still growing as a company and just recently (as of earlier this year) discovered the direction that will work best for them on a national level. Stressing athleticism and feuds over ranking/the belt in the X-Division; emphasizing "big names" and feuds booked like your standard "sports entertainment" angle for the World title; and having a decent amount of tag team activity and feuds over the belts made somewhat personal for the Tag division.

As for the house show question, I'd say mid '06 is when they should start. However, they shouldn't do house shows in untested markets where either there's little-to-no scene for wrestling or TNA and its roster are unknown.

Go to Georgia, as Rend suggested, because there's a built-in fanbase there, as well as the NWA Wildside fans that are still fans of a good portion of TNA's roster.

Go to some smaller venues in the Northeast, as that has pretty much been THE hotbed for wrestling since McMahon took over in the 80's. Also, there's something to say about invading the enemy's turf.

Go to areas of the country where there is a need for wrestling and it is known people will pay to see it. Hell, a tour of Britain, Australia, or even just Canada wouldn't be too bad of an idea, considering Britain and Australia are basically willing to go see anything live that has the slightest big name attached to it (fuck, WCW's only sold out shows in 2000 took place in Australia), and Canada loves its wrestling.

Guest ABOBO

Would househows in Nashville backfire for them? I could see people holding grudges about how they ditched them for Orlando tapings, but would think they would try to payback some of the people who supported them in the beginning.

They would and they wouldn't. They would because the Heel Section would reform, show up, and just completely tear apart the main event scene, most likely. And they wouldn't because TNA would advertise it as a homecoming, almost, and it'd make sense to hold a PPV there rather than do just a house show. Do a house show back at the Asylum to test the waters, and if people show up? Run a PPV there and maybe even sub-title it "Return to the Asylum."

Like, say the next Lockdown is held in Nashville. Call it Lockdown: Return to the Asylum.

I dunno about going back to the Asylum. They should do a "homecoming" type show to Nashville, but the Asylum would seem so bush league, especially after being in Universal Studios. They should find a slighty bigger arena.

Guest MikeSC

If I were TNA, I would not even TRY to tour nationally. It never seems to work out well for anybody. Stay in the SE.

Guest Coffey

TNA should do something to make each wrestlers music stand out more. As it sounds right now, everyone comes out to generic metal music and it's hard to differentiate most of them.

Even worse, go to their site and listen to the themes.. They're much worse with no crowd and commentators yelling/talking over them.