TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Braves/Astros NLDS Thread

Seriously al, shut up. The Braves bullpen does suck. Did you watch Game 1 and 3 or the Braves all year??

I want them to win this game and series so badly, but I'm also a realist and I know they've had a bad bullpen all year.

I did. I also see a Houston team with Jose Vizcaino, Raul Chavez, Eric Bruntlett, Brad Ausmus, and Roger Clemens left in their lineup right now. Hardly a murderer's row.

Guest Smues

It occured to me if this game goes into the 17th and the Astros have an injury Oswalt or Pettite would be playing a position on the field. That could be entertaining.

Guest Smues

I'm sure somebody is going to win this before then, but let's pretend this game goes into the start of the sunday night football game. Does ESPN bump this to ESPN2 or the football game?

Guest Smues

If he keeps getting these quick outs I'd say quite a while.

With Jordan Pinch Hitting all Atlanta has left on the bench now is Johnny Estrada.

Guest *KNK*
I'm sure somebody is going to win this before then, but let's pretend this game goes into the start of the sunday night football game. Does ESPN bump this to ESPN2 or the football game?

They'll keep this game on ESPN and send SNF to ESPN2 until the end of the ballgame...whenever that occurs.

Guest *KNK*

I love how ESPN can't figure out if Pettite is even there...

I'm sure if he was, he would have surfaced by now...

With Jordan Pinch Hitting all Atlanta has left on the bench now is Johnny Estrada.

What happens when both teams are ass out of players? :huh:

For example, I know that, in basketball, if so many people foul out of the game that there would be less than five players remaining on one team, then either the last person to foul out is allowed to remain in the game, or one player who's already fouled out is allowed to come back in, and if that player incurs any further fouls, the opposing team gets two shots and the ball...

What do they do in baseball when one/both teams run out of players?

Guest Smues

For example, I know that, in basketball, if so many people foul out of the game that there would be less than five players remaining on one team, then either the last person to foul out is allowed to remain in the game, or one player who's already fouled out is allowed to come back in, and if that player incurs any further fouls, the opposing team gets two shots and the ball...

I'm thinking forfeit but I don't know.

Guest MikeSC

Not always. I could've sworn once, in a Clemson/UNC game, Clemson had so many people foul out that they had to play the last minute or so with only 4 players.

Guest Fishyswa

Let's play two!

Incredible game, watched up until the Braves were up 6-1, went out for what seemed like forever, and came home with the game in the 15th.

Guest Smues

To the 18th we go as they'll be playing two full games length worth of baseball. Maybe both teams decided since the Cardinals won they'd fill the gap between this game and the Yankees/Angels game.