TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Braves/Astros NLDS Thread

Guest I miss Test.

This game gives more reason to shorten the regular season, so the NFL doesn't steal the glory during the playoffs. Oh well.

Not always. I could've sworn once, in a Clemson/UNC game, Clemson had so many people foul out that they had to play the last minute or so with only 4 players.
May just be an NBA rule, then.

EDIT - And, on further review, my original interpretation of the rule was slightly off.

Edited by Mr. S£im Citrus

Guest *KNK*
This game gives more reason to shorten the regular season, so the NFL doesn't steal the glory during the playoffs.  Oh well.

That's the worst idea I've ever heard.

I'm not sure quite how the length of this game, the NFL being in week 5 has to do with being reason to shorten the regular season...

Guest *KNK*

If this was just a regular season game and both teams ran of players and such, They could just call it a tie, correct?

I just got back from a 5 mile run, left in the 15th inning because it was cutting too close to the start of the Bengals game........

I guess I got the best of both worlds. (Still able to see the end of the game) As a Cards fan, obviously I would love to see them play all night, but I would like to see the Braves win just to see how the matchups would be for Game 5.

I jinxed it, man. I was on the phone with the woman and said, "whoever wins it is going to be some no-namer." Two pitches later, one's in the Crawford Boxes.

I can't help but think back to the eighth where I thought I'd like to see Farns tagged for a couple runs, never thinking he'd cough up the lead entirely. Dammit.

Guest Smues

No matter how hard I prepare myself I'm still never ready for the end. However, I think I'm taking it better than the last few years. I've haven't broken anything in my room, I haven't been screaming, the tears are minimal, and I haven't cracked anything over my skull yet this time. I think having 9 innings after they blew the lead to calm down helped things.

Congratulations to the Braves on their 14th straight. Go Cardinals in the NLCS. .........I guess congrats to Houstin too why not. They were the better team.

I blame Bruiser Chong. Damn you!

Congrats to the Astros. It was a terrific game and they deserved to win.

So, anyone know how much an Angels hat is?

No matter how hard I prepare myself I'm still never ready for the end. However, I think I'm taking it better than the last few years. I've haven't broken anything in my room, I haven't been screaming, the tears are minimal, and I haven't cracked anything over my skull yet this time. I think having 9 innings after they blew the lead to calm down helped things.

Congratulations to the Braves on their 14th straight. Go Cardinals in the NLCS. .........I guess congrats to Houstin too why not. They were the better team.

I'm on the verge of tears, but I'm holding it in. Given that the bullpen didn't allow a run for 7 innings, well, there's nothing to be ashamed about.

It was a fun season with lots of highs and lows and well...

BRAVES IN 2006!~

Guest TheDon

That was a bad call by the Ump in the 8th inning saying Julio came off the base. I say and smell bullshit on that call.

Guest Smues
I'm on the verge of tears, but I'm holding it in. Given that the bullpen didn't allow a run for 7 innings, well, there's nothing to be ashamed about.

It was a fun season with lots of highs and lows and well...

BRAVES IN 2006!~

Yeah that.

Whatever, it's pointless to argue stuff like that.

I thought the guy was safe myself and considering the umpiring was excellent for most of the game..well yea.

Maybe he was out, but we shouldn't have allowed a grand slam and a home run with one out left.

Why did the Braves trade for Kyle Farnsworth? Is there any way anyone can defend that acquisition at this point? I wasn't initially watching this game, just tracking the score while watching football and since it was 6-1 I didn't feel much need to turn it on. Then I saw it jump to 6-5 quickly, and then I just KNEW that Farnsworth had given up the grand slam.

But why leave him in for the 9th? The 8th ought to have shown clearly that he's horrible.

I fucking hate the Astros. Hopefully they have nothing left after this game and the Cardinals will just sweep them.

Well, the series went to five games afterall.

After blowing their lead, looking like they were going to just blow the Astros out of the water, Atlanta didn't even deserve to win this game. I'll be right back cheering for them next year, that'll never end.

I just don't know who to pull for in the playoffs this year though, since both of my teams have went home.

Why did the Braves trade for Kyle Farnsworth?  Is there any way anyone can defend that acquisition at this point?  I wasn't initially watching this game, just tracking the score while watching football and since it was 6-1 I didn't feel much need to turn it on.  Then I saw it jump to 6-5 quickly, and then I just KNEW that Farnsworth had given up the grand slam.

But why leave him in for the 9th?  The 8th ought to have shown clearly that he's horrible.

They needed another reliever.

I'll defend it and say it was a terrific acquisition. The guy was brilliant down the stretch when the Braves needed him. I don't think he blew one save and had an ERA under 2. Without him, we might have gagged the division away.

And they left him in for the 9th, cause Cox had no other relievers that he trusted since they all suck.

I'm pissed Farnsworth gave up the lead, but this doesn't take away his terrific play for the Braves.

Guest Smues
Why did the Braves trade for Kyle Farnsworth?  Is there any way anyone can defend that acquisition at this point?  I wasn't initially watching this game, just tracking the score while watching football and since it was 6-1 I didn't feel much need to turn it on.  Then I saw it jump to 6-5 quickly, and then I just KNEW that Farnsworth had given up the grand slam.

They needed a closer. He did a GREAT job as a Brave. He blew it big time today, but I'm still incredibly glad we got him. I'm sure he's going to get a pretty nice contract from someone this off-season and I can only hope it is us that sign him.

Thank god the Astros won. The NLCS doesn't start until Wednesday, so that's 2 full days of rest and tiredness shouldn't be an issue. The use of Clemens might throw off the rotation slightly, but they can just go Pettite, Oswalt, Clemens for the NLCS. Shouldn't be a problem at all. It takes some serious delusional bitterness to think the Astros will get swept.

I'm sure he's going to get a pretty nice contract from someone this off-season and I can only hope it is us that sign him.

Trust me, no you don't. You used him for a good half season, now let him go before he buries you. Spend your money on someone else.